Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP 260 G1 Mini PC €137

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Will the Celeron play 1080p files OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Techmaster wrote: »
    Will the Celeron play 1080p files OK?

Yes, no problem it's the same processor that is in the Chrome boxes that are so popular for running Kodi/Openelec.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Yeah guys, post the eBuyer link into Flubit to get approx £5 off. It is being shipped from a different supplier and is in stock. Just got confirmed this.

Sweet, will do, thanks.

Response from dabs

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the item is no longer available and we will not be stocking this again.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

mccard wrote: »

Not really. There's a 4 GB Limit:

xfyfys.jpg

^ He bought the HP I think.

^ He bought the HP I think.

Sorry, didn't realise you'd got the HP 260 through Flubit!

Yes, HP 260. Just want to make sure the RAM is ok before I hit confirm..

mccard wrote: »
    Yes, HP 260. Just want to make sure the RAM is ok before I hit confirm..

I'd pay the extra 50p for the Kingston myself edit - PM required ... + €3.95

Corsair 32p more

• Advertisement

Sorry, Im confused. Are you saying the Kingston wont work or is the Corsair just a better card?

Factoring in the added delivery expense of parcel motel for the Kingston compared to the Qumox - I scratched out the Kingston. But along with Corsair it has a high reputation for quality modules.

I've put in a flubit request, so thanks for that mcard & Techmaster - but I'll only add 4GB ... not sure of the added benefit given the proc. 6GB is enough to avail of the 64bit OS and I don't intend to multitask with it.

If any users find a marked performance difference between 6 and 10GB, I'd love to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

styron wrote: »
    Factoring in the added delivery expense of parcel motel for the Kingston compared to the Qumox - I scratched out the Kingston. But along with Corsair it has a high reputation for quality modules.

I've put in a flubit request, so thanks for that mcard & Techmaster - but I'll only add 4GB ... not sure of the added benefit given the proc. 6GB is enough to avail of the 64bit OS and I don't intend to multitask with it.

If any users find a marked performance difference between 6 and 10GB, I'd love to know.

I think for the kind of applications that need 10gb of ram (photoshop, games, databases), you are probably not going to want to be using a dual core cpu with integrated graphics anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Just bought this through flubit for £91.Dont know why I need it but may have an artic for sale shortly!!!

did anyone receive theirs yet? Looking to use Kodi on it with my external hard drive plugged in. Just created a demand again on Flubit. It is OOS on eBuyer but hopefully they get me something.

also, is the RAM easy to put in yourself? It's such a small unit I'm not too sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

I got a dispatch email form flubit on Monday so should be at Parcel Motel today.Will let ya know when I have it!!!

did anyone receive theirs yet? Looking to use Kodi on it with my external hard drive plugged in. Just created a demand again on Flubit. It is OOS on eBuyer but hopefully they get me something.

also, is the RAM easy to put in yourself? It's such a small unit I'm not too sure!

Fairly straightforward - hardware guide: pgs. 14-18

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Can this be gotten from anywhere now.

I would like to order one.

Its says its been discontinuesd on Ebuyer now

I put in a demand on Flubit so I'll see if that works

Just created a demand again on Flubit. It is OOS on eBuyer but hopefully they get me something.

Any update on whether the Flubit demand worked?

Any update on whether the Flubit demand worked?

It didn't unfortunately. Don't know where to buy this now.

• Advertisement

It didn't unfortunately. Don't know where to buy this now.

Damn.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kungfual

Me too..
    Just added to Flubit again anyway, might help

How about this? Asus EeeBox EB1033

http://m.ebuyer.com/718137

Better graphics chip in this one I believe, and it states it can handle 1080p video. Would Kodi run on it okay? Once you upgrade the RAM to 4gb? Decent reviews on Amazon and CNET.

WiFi and HDMI on this one also.

Its £94 on eBuyer so Flubit could get you one for under £90 easily.

I would prefer a celeron to a Atom processor

Maybe this NUC:

http://www.ebuyer.com/654664-gigabyte-brix-gb-bxbt-2807-baytrail-celeron-n2807-hdmi-barebone-gb-bxbt-2807

The processor is much the same performance as the HP 260 G1, plus it has HDMI.

CPU comparison: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Celeron-N2807-vs-Intel-Celeron-2957U

Need to add RAM and HDD

Maybe even just RAM and a USB3.0 with Kodi installed? Would there be much difference between a sata hard drive and a usb3.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

You have to pull off the rubber feet to get at the case screws and then there is a "tin" cover over the RAM which is slightly fiddly to get on and off - but basically it is not hard

Kodi runs great on it

Thanks to the OP for a great Bargain Alert!

Now that this is sold out, what other options would be good to run Kodi?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Now that this is sold out, what other options would be good to run Kodi?

Plenty of options for hardware-decoding, including a few Android boxes:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Supported_hardware

€160 delivered to Ireland, from Germany - 500GB HDD version.

http://www.future-x.de/hp-260-g1-mini-desktop-1-x-celeron-2957u-14-ghz-ram-2-gb-hdd-500-gb-hd-graphics-gige-freedos-20-p-228925/?pv=2

Much of a difference? Or is the 32GB SSD option the better one to get? For Kodi/1080p playback locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Might be a bit slower to load is all - there is probably a way of adding an eMMc for the OS

• Advertisement

Might be a bit slower to load is all - there is probably a way of adding an eMMc for the OS

Slower overall, or just slower to power-on? Would it still handle video files okay on Kodi?

--

I can get an upgraded model with 4GB RAM & 32GB SSD for about €165 delivered - there is also another free slot for more RAM, so I could upgrade it to 8gb or 12gb if I wanted.. - worth it at that price?

Advertisement