Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMC launching channel with BT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

according to posters on Digitalspy there is the possibility the AMC will be available as part of the BT sport pack on sky for 19.95. I wonder will a similar arrangement happen here and it become available on the Setanta pack? It definetly wont be on Sky for now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

so far its not coming to Ireland

Forwarded message
    Date: Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 7:31 PM
    Sject: RE: Setanta pack
    To: @gmail.com>

Thanks for your email Keith. AMCtv is not part of the Setanta offering here. I understand that to be a UK only deal that applies to the BT TV service.

Rgds,

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

AMC is now showing up on ASTRA 2G as 50315 on 11081.00 H 22000 5/6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

NUTZZ wrote: »
    AMC is now showing up on ASTRA 2G as 50315 on 11081.00 H 22000 5/6
    It's showing the dreaded this programme is not available message so not looking good for the Setenta pack customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Not available in Ireland as far as I know :( .. I would imagine there are rights issues with RTÉ and TG4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Looks like its launching August 31 in the UK. Premier of Fear the walking dead. Only available on BT youview.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I hope this doesn't launch here. That would be another excuse for a price rise. Any programmes on it will be picked up by an Irish channel.
    marvsins wrote: »
    Looks like its launching August 31 in the UK. Premier of Fear the walking dead. Only available on BT youview.

Considering that it is testing on satellite atm I doubt it will be BT Youview only.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It doesn't look like it is launching here - this will make it one of the few UK TV channels not available here in any way shape or form.

icdg wrote: »
    It doesn't look like it is launching here - this will make it one of the few UK TV channels not available here in any way shape or form.
    Yep, this along with Premier Sports (well just the GAA bit) would be among the only channels not available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Strange one. I wonder does AMC hold Irish rights to any of the programmes?

• Advertisement

Strange one. I wonder does AMC hold Irish rights to any of the programmes?
    RTÉ have walking dead rights (that might include argue new spin off) and of course TG4 had Breaking Bad... This could very well why we won't be getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

forgive my ignorance but if it is only going to be available to bt tv customers why would it be testing on astra?

kooga wrote: »
    forgive my ignorance but if it is only going to be available to bt tv customers why would it be testing on astra?
    It's like the local uk tv channels that are broadcast on Satellite that are blocked outside their intended region so I suppose they will do the same with amc and limit it to bt customers in the uk.

natashaob6 wrote: »
    It's like the local uk tv channels that are broadcast on Satellite that are blocked outside their intended region so I suppose they will do the same with amc and limit it to bt customers in the uk.

? bt tv in the uk is either cable/internet not satellite

? bt tv in the uk is either cable/internet not satellite
    Apologies it will be free to customers in the uk who subscribe to the bt tv platform and to customers who pay for the bt sport back on the sky tv platform.

bt ireland sold the broadband spectrum to sky ireland

maybe sky ire could get the channel here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,476 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What does this mean for Fox TV that broadcasts (or broadcasted) Walking Dead the day after it premiered on AMC in the states?

dulpit wrote: »
    What does this mean for Fox TV that broadcasts (or broadcasted) Walking Dead the day after it premiered on AMC in the states?

It will have no impact, that will continue as normal. It's just Fear The Walking Dead that FOX do not have the rights for.

AMC has been added to epg no 192 for BT sport customers in the uk but has not been added to the irish epg as was predicted. I have it tuned in through other channels and I can now view it as I have the Setanta pack. Apoligies I can't remember tne frequency for tuning it in.

• Advertisement

natashaob6 wrote: »
    AMC has been added to epg no 192 for BT sport customers in the uk but has not been added to the irish epg as was predicted. I have it tuned in through other channels and I can now view it as I have the Setanta pack. Apoligies I can't remember tne frequency for tuning it in.

It can be tuned in on 11081.00 H 22000 5/6, currently displaying this;

2w6vz41.jpg

11081.00 H 22000 5/6
    dvb s qpsk

according to kingofsat its in the clear

It's encrypted so kingofsat is wrong

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's encrypted so kingofsat is wrong

ok so am i correct in saying if you have a setanta sports pack and go into other channels you should be able to view the channel.

ok so am i correct in saying if you have a setanta sports pack and go into other channels you should be able to view the channel.

no it will be blocked for non BT Sport pack subscribers

this channel will be blocked here

setanta pack customers will not get this channel

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alan.p22

its available through the other channels options at the moment.Will it not be when the channel launches next week

alan.p22 wrote: »
    its available through the other channels options at the moment.Will it not be when the channel launches next week

tks guys scanned it in.

This channel is not encrypted at the moment

It most certainly is encrypted. I am unable to see it.

• Advertisement

This channel is not encrypted at the moment
    lertsnim wrote: »
    It most certainly is encrypted. I am unable to see it.

It is encrypted, it can be tuned in via other channels on Sky. It is currently displaying the image I posted above.

Advertisement