Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Azza wrote: »
    The soundtrack I linked to that uses a Yahama soundcard not the emulation software and is from a technical perspective superior to the PSX version. It just sounds different from the PSX version that 99% of people know.

It's technically better but there's a few hiccups in it where the instruments aren't quite right. Also I'd rather listen to the soundtrack as the composer originally intended using the instruments they originally used... even if said instruments sound like absolute ass in the original game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Didn't enemies level up with the party in 8? As in, you could not level up at all and all enemies would stay at your level? I'm not sure if this includes boss battles of course. I doubt it does.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Includes everything as well as bosses. There's a few RPGs with enemies that level up with you, FF Tactics being another one. They all have a common trait, they are as broken as all hell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

I'm currently replaying this on my iPhone and I've gotten as far as Aeriths House.

I am dumbfounded how they are going to replicate this game in todays systems. It is absolutely HUGE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Bosses level up too.

I put one of those cheat disks in with FF8 to give me max everything thinking it make the game a breeze.

Nope.
    The boss battles took ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Playing through this again with the New Threat mod. It adds alot to the game including enhanced enemy A.I, a character class archetype level up system, a bunch of new bosses, revisited bosses and standard enemies, brand new enemies, new materia placements, equipment giving additional effects instead of just giving extra ATK/DEF and loads more

Here....a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Playing through this again with the New Threat mod. It adds alot to the game including enhanced enemy A.I, a character class archetype level up system, a bunch of new bosses, revisited bosses and standard enemies, brand new enemies, new materia placements, equipment giving additional effects instead of just giving extra ATK/DEF and loads more

Here....a thing

This actually looks kinda fun, is he a qhimm head? Can you see all the rest of the stuff he's implemented somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

RedXIV wrote: »
    This actually looks kinda fun, is he a qhimm head? Can you see all the rest of the stuff he's implemented somewhere?

The link to the mod is in the videos "show more" option and it goes to the qhimm forums. I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to FF mods and its the only one i'm using.

Apart from the added variety it adds more challenge for people who have cleared the game already. I'm currently in the Shinra tower and although i haven't wiped yet i have lost party members on random encounters and boss fights which would never happen for someone playing a second run through on the vanilla game. Enjoying it alot, feels like a Scholar of the first Sins version for FF7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

Rgb.ie wrote: »
    I'm currently replaying this on my iPhone and I've gotten as far as Aeriths House.

I am dumbfounded how they are going to replicate this game in todays systems. It is absolutely HUGE!

Is it available on the app store? :O

The link to the mod is in the videos "show more" option and it goes to the qhimm forums. I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to FF mods and its the only one i'm using.

Apart from the added variety it adds more challenge for people who have cleared the game already. I'm currently in the Shinra tower and although i haven't wiped yet i have lost party members on random encounters and boss fights which would never happen for someone playing a second run through on the vanilla game. Enjoying it alot, feels like a Scholar of the first Sins version for FF7

Interesting, I may have to give this a whirl for my annual playthrough :) Cheers for this!
    ec18 wrote: »
    Is it available on the app store? :O
    Its currently only natively available on iOS, for Android, you'll want something like FPse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

RedXIV wrote: »
    Its currently only natively available on iOS, for Android, you'll want something like FPse

Boom! made my day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trophies seemed to have leaked, not sure how legit these are

http://www.exophase.com/game/final-fantasy-vii-ps4/trophies/

Trophy for taking Barret on a date in Gold Saucer.....as if you'd choose anyone else??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Trophies seemed to have leaked, not sure how legit these are

http://www.exophase.com/game/final-fantasy-vii-ps4/trophies/

Trophy for taking Barret on a date in Gold Saucer.....as if you'd choose anyone else??!!

I somehow doubt the legitimacy of that....

Far too early?

Fieldog wrote: »
    I somehow doubt the legitimacy of that....

Far too early?

Or maybe a surprise super launch in time for Christmas! but......it's probably just a fake :(

Unfortunately I imagine they will be very similar to the ones we saw in the FFVII Steam release:
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_VII_achievements

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Or maybe a surprise super launch in time for Christmas! but......it's probably just a fake :(

Ah - its the achievement list for the PC to PS4 port I assume - thats more likely - not the remake! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm usually disinclined to make a judgement based on trailers, but my gut reacted strongly to this one: it looks like total horse****.

One of the enduring features of FF7 compared to the newer entries in the series, is its vibrancy, its sense of slightly unhinged fun. Alongside the emo dystopian sci-fi, there's a wonderful goofiness to the whole affair - unapologetically bright colours, streams of humour, absurd characters, silly flights of fancy, and an art style that, even in the darker moments, leaps off the screen after all these years (boxy characters aside, but even they have their charms). Now this is only an early trailer, but it seems like it has gone full 'Tetsuya Nomura', as was always likely - embracing that naff, over-serious, and ultimately bland CG-anime look. They've seemingly zapped the whole thing of as much colour as possible in the process (aside from your flashes of bright orange or blue in battles). Tied with the appalling voice acting (there's a lot to be said for text only RPGs if the Cloud here is anything to go by), I'm already wondering how they will fit the endearingly mental tonal mish-mash into this. In fact, I wonder if they'll even try. Can you imagine the Barrett/Cloud date sequence in that artstyle? *shudder*

Really we can't judge on a single early video demo. But I'd be lying if I said that trailer didn't see off all the wrong trailers. I'd almost be more inclined to play the infamously problematic PC port on PS4 over the stuff that trailer is peddling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm. Something tells me, going by the tone of that trailer, the entire Honeybee Inn / Don Corner "romance" plot will be dropped. Just an inkling.The angst is so aching, the drama so melo, I couldn't imagine anything that risqué / silly in this obviously over serious re-imagining

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

Isn't everything in that trailer from the Sector 1 Reactor raid? The game was pretty serious up until you get back to 7th Heaven when it starts to lighten up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The PC port of FF7 is now available on the PS4.

I think the Wedge interaction there is a good sign. He still sounds nice and goofy.

And I wouldn't judge the game for being to dull and gritty while in Midgar, barring wall market and the shinra tower, I always thought the Midgar start of the game did seem fairly bleak. Would be interested to see what happens when they jump to Wutai or Costa del Sol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So it's FFXV with FFVII reskin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm usually disinclined to make a judgement based on trailers, but my gut reacted strongly to this one: it looks like total horse****.

One of the enduring features of FF7 compared to the newer entries in the series, is its vibrancy, its sense of slightly unhinged fun. Alongside the emo dystopian sci-fi, there's a wonderful goofiness to the whole affair - unapologetically bright colours, streams of humour, absurd characters, silly flights of fancy, and an art style that, even in the darker moments, leaps off the screen after all these years (boxy characters aside, but even they have their charms). Now this is only an early trailer, but it seems like it has gone full 'Tetsuya Nomura', as was always likely - embracing that naff, over-serious, and ultimately bland CG-anime look. They've seemingly zapped the whole thing of as much colour as possible in the process (aside from your flashes of bright orange or blue in battles). Tied with the appalling voice acting (there's a lot to be said for text only RPGs if the Cloud here is anything to go by), I'm already wondering how they will fit the endearingly mental tonal mish-mash into this. In fact, I wonder if they'll even try. Can you imagine the Barrett/Cloud date sequence in that artstyle? *shudder*

Really we can't judge on a single early video demo. But I'd be lying if I said that trailer didn't see off all the wrong trailers. I'd almost be more inclined to play the infamously problematic PC port on PS4 over the stuff that trailer is peddling.

I prey for a Japanese-dubbed-enabling ability :pac:

I thought it looked class anyway. The start of the game was always dark. The only thing that worried me was the combat until i realised it's still a turn based system so it looks like the old combat system with new animations that look like they're in an actual fight. I can't bloody wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I thought it looked class anyway. The start of the game was always dark. The only thing that worried me was the combat until i realised it's still a turn based system so it looks like the old combat system with new animations that look like they're in an actual fight. I can't bloody wait for this!

Cool! I was worried they might go for a FF Type-0 dealy. Never really got on with that system, I like to take my time with FF battles.

Well the comments off the vid seem to think it's free flow combat running around mashing buttons but the commands on the left, attack, magic, etc looked like it was still turn based. Hopefully that's the case anyway.

Also looks like they're mixing things up as it looks like you fight the Scorpion Robot boss in top of a train now instead of inside the reactor. Will be nice to see some changes like that.

Edit: actually I think the scorpion is still in the reactor. Just looked like the train the way it was edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

Think it looks great .. Cloud is initially very cold at the start of the original, I thought they displayed that well with wedge talking to him.

Really looking forward to this regardless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

God that voice acting is terrible. Sounds like bored uninspired people reading directly from the script.

• Advertisement

Edit: actually I think the scorpion is still in the reactor. Just looked like the train the way it was edited.

This took me the third watch to cop, i thought the same, they were changing things up :D
    Rgb.ie wrote: »
    Think it looks great .. Cloud is initially very cold at the start of the original, I thought they displayed that well with wedge talking to him.

Really looking forward to this regardless

I agree, it'l be brilliant anyway as a new dive into the FF7 universe
    God that voice acting is terrible. Sounds like bored uninspired people reading directly from the script.

I think the voice acting was never going to be well liked anyway. necessary evil these days though. I think it might be a good reason to start learning Japanese though :D

Advertisement