Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

F1ngers wrote: »
    Ordered saturday night, got a dispatched email this morning from Smyths.

Same here, ordered yesterday and dispatched this morning. It did say it could take up to 6 days for delivery though. Hopeful of a delivery tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Smyths shipped my order as well this morning, I will be happy as long as I get it by Thursday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its 90 gigs from the store and I've about 10 hours left and that's after leaving it overnight lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Xenji wrote: »
    Smyths shipped my order as well this morning, I will be happy as long as I get it by Thursday.

put an order in this morning after seeing yours are all shipping. Hopefully my will dispatch today. Fair play to Smyth's for keeping the warehouse open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Order from game UK here. It's turning up this morning. Despatch early. That is my evening sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Game fully downloaded for me overnight. Now it's sitting on my home screen, taunting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 juanpablo1983

Morning all, really happy to have found this thread. Massive fan here and regretting not pre ordering earlier but it is what it is. Can you all suggest my best way to order that will ensure I receive the game by Friday( earlier would be a bonus). Ideally would love the Deluxe Edition but will settle for the standard if needs be. Appreciate the advice and for those of you who are playing it, hope you are enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Morning all, really happy to have found this thread. Massive fan here and regretting not pre ordering earlier but it is what it is. Can you all suggest my best way to order that will ensure I receive the game by Friday( earlier would be a bonus). Ideally would love the Deluxe Edition but will settle for the standard if needs be. Appreciate the advice and for those of you who are playing it, hope you are enjoying it.

If you order digital it should start downloading right away, or by Wednesday at the latest. 90GB download though so depends on your internet speeds.

Not sure about physical copies. Smyths seem to be out of stock at the moment, don't know about gamestop.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    An Post have my game now, "we are processing your item in" as of this afternoon. Fingers crossed for Tuesday delivery.

I saw a post elsewhere about a guys thoughts on the game after clearing it. 35 hours with half the side quests done. He mentioned his feelings about it and gave a 9/10. I didn't read too much into it though as i want to know nothing about the story. I don't want to know what's different and what has stayed the same.

May I ask where you pre ordered from?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

May I ask where you pre ordered from?

shopto.net. They are sold out though but expecting more copies later this week. https://www.smythstoys.com/ seems to be a good shout now though.

• Advertisement

shopto.net. They are sold out though but expecting more copies later this week. https://www.smythstoys.com/ seems to be a good shout now though.

Mind me asking are you based in Ireland and how long from when you ordered did it arrive?

Mind me asking are you based in Ireland and how long from when you ordered did it arrive?

Yupp in Ireland, ordered it on Thursday 2nd April, expecting it today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is showing up now as out of stock again on Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yupp in Ireland, ordered it on Thursday 2nd April, expecting it today or tomorrow.

Mine arrived this morning and we ordered pretty much at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

From ShopTo?

Just checked the postbox...

MediumInbornBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

Thanks to the lads on here who gave the Shopto info last week, DID NOT think I would have this the Monday before release!

2 disk like Red Dead 2 and reversible cover, nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Ordered from ShopTo last week, arrived this morning, currently installing. Well I guess there isnt any work happening today!

Getting some high praise from the critics.

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-the-kotaku-review-1842697312
    It’s hard to elaborate without spoiling too much, so let me instead offer this: Final Fantasy VII Remake is a phenomenal game, one that any fan of the series should play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Shopto arrived today. installing now. Sorry work, you'll not get done today...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Unlucky me, I also ordered from ShopTo and it dispatched last week, but no sign of it today and the tracking hasn't updated with AP yet. It left the UK according to RM last Thursday late at night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

This is an excellent review I enjoyed reading.

Sounds like it came out fine then. I do see some reviews mention side quests and filler but sounds also like a lot of that can be ignored.

I'm particularly excited to see the ending of Remake play out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Some suggestions it goes full Kingdom Hearts story-wise.

You never go full Kingdom Hearts :pac:

Sounds both better and worse than I had expected from the reviews. Too many games to work through at the moment, but will give it a whirl in a few weeks hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gah I just started Persona 5 Royal too.

Have any of ye cancelled a pre order with Playstation before? I pre ordered digitally last Friday but made sure to turn off 'Auto Download' so it does not pre download as I have also ordered from Gamestop(Physical). Am I good to hold off until later in the week to cancel digital if needs be?

Reviews are all savage so far. Wasn't expecting anything less.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

fixXxer wrote: »
    Gah I just started Persona 5 Royal too.

Ha me too! just finished the first dungeon.

It's weird not having a day one patch, hope it doesn't fix much as no way I'm waiting til Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got a dispatch email off Smyth's also, hopefully I'll have it tomorrow, I only ordered yesterday :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ha me too! just finished the first dungeon.

Same for me too, just waiting to hear
    if I get expelled
    :D

I'll probably have to just set it aside until I get through FF7R

Advertisement