Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nissan Leaf at 6000KM

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

BoatMad wrote: »
    The Gen2 Leaf due in 2018 will be 48kwh, I have been told this by Nissan Ireland , A 60 Kwh is planned to follow soon ( 1-2 years thereafter , but any date isn't known

NOTE Ev to be released next year/2018 as well.

Brett is a major issue and spanner in the works

Isn't the nissan note being phased out in europe when the new micra get released?

The Gen2 Leaf due in 2018 will be 48kwh, I have been told this by Nissan Ireland , A 60 Kwh is planned to follow soon ( 1-2 years thereafter , but any date isn't known

NOTE Ev to be released next year/2018 as well.

Brexit s a major issue and spanner in the works

I'd say if that were true then that would be news in the U.S, they'd be the first to know anything like this. No rumour of a 48 kwh, only thing officially confirmed by Nissan is a 60 Kwh, that is the battery itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I'd say if that were true then that would be news in the U.S, they'd be the first to know anything like this. No rumour of a 48 kwh, only thing officially confirmed by Nissan is a 60 Kwh, that is the battery itself.

AFAIK Nissan confirmed 60kWh battery, but not the release date of it - communicated by Kazuo Yajima.

In fairness a release like that is worth absolutely nothing - we all know bigger batteries are coming, sooner or later, but they are. Nothing new here...

Yes a 60 Kwh was confirmed not a 48 Kwh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Yes a 60 Kwh was confirmed not a 48 Kwh.

all that has been confirmed is there will be a 60 kwh battery ( " its coming", said Yakima) NO announcement has been made by Nissan as to the exact spec of Gen2 leaf

however type Nissan Leaf 48 Kwh into google !!!!!

I have it on good authority that the Gen2 Leaf will be 48 kwh on launch , There will be no battery upgrade in Europe within the existing body design ( which isn't surprising )

I would expect that Gen2 Leaf will have battery cooling at the very least

You need to stop engaging in wishful thinking.

• Advertisement

That 60 Kwh battery demonstrated by Nissan was an AESC battery, since Nissan announced they're to sell their share in this and get out of battery manufacturing then it's unlikely to have this battery demonstrated and it wasn't liquid cooled either, I doubt they'll make this mistake twice.

LG already have a 60 Kwh and this is most likely what Leaf II will use. Though my crystal ball isn't so clear lol.

This could take a few years to sell off their shares in AESC so Leaf II could have any kind of battery.

That 60 Kwh battery demonstrated by Nissan was an AESC battery, since Nissan announced they're to sell their share in this and get out of battery manufacturing then it's unlikely to have this battery demonstrated and it wasn't liquid cooled either, I doubt they'll make this mistake twice.

LG already have a 60 Kwh and this is most likely what Leaf II will use. Though my crystal ball isn't so clear lol.

This could take a few years to sell off their shares in AESC so Leaf II could have any kind of battery.

err, you've just scuppered your own 60Kwh argument and I agree with everything you say

will their be a 60kwh Leaf, must likely as competitive pressure will demand it and Id say many are watching for Model 3 pricing to make specific versions to compete on price points

but again I have it on good authority that Leaf Gen2 , will be 48 kwh on release for MY2018 ( MY 2018 is technically from july of 2017)

I don't know I "scuppered" my own 60 Kwh argument ? 60 Kwh is 60 Kwh wherever it comes from. This was before they announced plans to sell their share in AESC and it could turn out that they buy the 60 Kwh from AESC anyway or they won't have sold their shares in AESC yet or they will use a battery from LG, As I said, my crystal ball is a bit cloudy.

It would be foolish of Nissan not to release a 60 Kwh due to competition from the Bolt, it will make the Leaf a hard sell especially when the Bolt has 200 HP, though if the Leaf has faster AC and DC charging that could temps buyers away from the Bolt provided the infrastructure catches up . As I said, Its unlikely Nissan will install a much more powerful motor in the Leaf, it might have a small power increase to compensate for any extra weight.

I expect if a 48 kwh was in sights then this would be on much more sources on the internet.

Nissan have hinted of multiple battery options and I think this makes a lot of sense and so a 48 Kwh is possible, however it could effect resale vales on the lower Kwh cars. They'd want to get costs down.

I think they should rebrand the Leaf and sell it a lot cheaper, the cost of these cars has to drop fast. One reason people won't buy Zoe in Ireland, most people see it as a very expensive Clio, most Clio's are petrol in Ireland costing 15K. This is what they need to do, make an ev and sell it at 15K.

I think they should rebrand the Leaf and sell it a lot cheaper

The design is nearly 6 years old. I suspect thats why the Note EV is being considered. Gen2 Leaf may move upwards in its price point especially with higher Kwh battery options

The design is nearly 6 years old. I suspect thats why the Note EV is being considered. Gen2 Leaf may move upwards in its price point especially with higher Kwh battery options

It's almost certain a 60 Kwh Gen 2 Leaf will be more expensive this is the reason they should have multiple battery Kwh options with real range estimates not NEDC estimates.

Rebranding the Leaf is a good idea, it would need a bit of a redesign but would probably guarantee they get their money back on it.

I think they're making a plug in Note not a battery only version, they're making a EV Micra and plug-in.

Nissan did say they plan to have an EV option for their entire fleet in 2020, hopefully this included commercials. There needs to be larger EV's.

An EV Xtrail with 300-400 Hp, 4WD would be sweet !

• Advertisement

personally Id love to see a Qashqai EV !

The Qashqai is a bit small really, it's just a taller hatch.

I don't why they haven't plans to release a Qashqai or Xtrail EV, seems like an obvious thing to do to me anything but a Note or Micra, chances are at least in Ireland people will buy the petrol versions over the EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'm giving serious thought to getting an EV, my diesel Skoda has broken down too many times and I've a short enough commute through traffic which doesn't suit at all.

My understanding is there's an SEAI grant for EVs. Is that correct? Does the price quoted on the Nissan website include the grant? I didn't really see it mentioned on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

My understanding is there's an SEAI grant for EVs. Is that correct? Does the price quoted on the Nissan website include the grant? I didn't really see it mentioned on there.

Yes it does.
    Prices effective from January 2016. Pricing includes Government grant for private buyer of €5,000 - RRP quoted includes the 24kWh battery as standard and exclude the Dealer Delivery Charges and Related Fees. Metallic Paint is an optional extra. Please contact your local retailer for further information.

Realistically add 1000 to the price listed to get the final retail price, pre scrappage credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

grogi wrote: »
    Yes it does.

Alright thanks. Was obviously hoping it didn't, but sure if something seems to good to be true and all that.

Alright thanks. Was obviously hoping it didn't, but sure if something seems to good to be true and all that.

There are good deals on 2nd hand Leafs if new is out of budget, but if in budget the leaf compares well on price with similar class diesels.

If you have a small commute , a new EV makes no sense. In that regards a new petrol would have a far lower TCO. A new EV makes financial sense if you have a daily commute close to the round trip ability of the car or at least a substantial proportion of the range. ThAt way the lower running costs of the EV come into play.

A 2nd hand EV might make far better sense especially since range will not be an issue

Of course there are many reasons to own an EV besde financials

Advertisement