Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1980s bungalow renovation

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Sorry about the lack of updates. I'm having a bit of a mental introspective (breakdown maybe :D) at the moment. I have been sick again and just can't seem to shake it. I have no energy and still being ground down by the ex. Can't get out of it at the moment. Very tempted to walk away from all this but fighting it.

I got the loctite I ordered and will have a go at the rads soon. I got myself a lawnmower through the cycle to work scheme, bit naughty but why are the urban dwellers the only ones to get a tax break? If I'm ever pulled on it I can always fit a saddle and ride it to work. Its a 21" Husqvarna with a honda engine and oddly front wheel drive.

Cut the front and rear lawns tonight, did some weedkilling last week but nothing really to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,173 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Wish Forty Seven well. Hope we see him back soon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thread locked until the OP has returned and can continue his updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,757 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thread re-opened at FortySeven's request (& agreed to by delly).

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭VladamirP

Hope your doing ok 47, hope the house is, blank the ex, they seem to hate you getting on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,757 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

VladamirP wrote: »
    Hope your doing ok 47, hope the house is, blank the ex, they seem to hate you getting on.
    Пожалуйста, товарищ - счастливые мысли, хорошо?

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭VladamirP

Пожалуйста, товарищ - счастливые мысли, хорошо?

tHB

никаких проблем я не просто пытался подбодрить его.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Get a room you two!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Get a room you two!

Maybe when 47 gives us an update he'll have a spare room in his newly renovated house he could rent to them? :pac: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Maybe when 47 gives us an update he'll have a spare room in his newly renovated house he could rent to them? :pac: :P

No such luck I'm afraid. I asked the mods to reopen this so I could finish it up. I know a lot of people were following this thread and I feel it is only fair to provide a conclusion. I'm not going to lie, things have not gone well.

I was naive and innocent when I thought I was back on track a few months ago. I had access to my kids and was cracking on with the bathroom ready to get the bedrooms done for overnight access. Money was tight as I was not allowed bring the children to the house and trying to entertain 2 kids for 8 hours on a Sunday with nowhere to go was costing me a fortune. I was burning the candle at both ends emotionally. I even went back to work the day after my father died.

Still, I was managing and looking forward to the future, then I got a letter from her solicitor. Full of accusations of kidnapping (I was late letting the kids out of the car) verbal attacks, (I had a go for bringing the kids without jackets) etc, etc. 2 days after that I found out she was only waiting for me to finish the house to force a sale when it was worth it. I'm damned if I will break my back to help her profit.

I'm afraid I let myself down, I fell into a depression, stopped going to work and worst of all I ran out of my Lithium meds. I am bipolar and if I don't take my meds I can be a tad erratic. I started drinking after many years of sobriety and the situation snowballed from there.

I ended up being committed to the psychiatric ward after being closer to suicide than I am comfortable with. Thankfully the psychiatric social worker thought this was information that should be shared with my ex and she promptly used it to get me back in court a few days after I got out. She now has a safety order and if I contact her I go to jail, my access to my kids is by skype for 2 half hour sessions a week and I quit my job out of embarrassment.

I am leaving the house, I can't sell it and I won't renovate it for her to force a sale. All my savings are in that bloody house, all my bad memories too and I cannot live there on a building site anymore.

I am returning to the UK. She created this problem, she can deal with it Let her renovate the bloody place.

What a difference a year makes. My head is full of what ifs and buts and if I'm honest I dread the future. I'm a 39 year old bipolar alcoholic trying to start again, bankrupt, in a country I haven't lived in in decades.

I could blame the engineer for missing the rot, I could blame her father for interfering, I could blame her for overreacting when I called him a clown, I could blame myself for being over confident but to be fair. Tis just life.

Thanks for all the support, advice and help I have received from people on this thread. At times it was all that kept me going.

Jon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

Best of luck with everything - not the update anyone wanted to hear. For whats its worth, one of the factors that drew me to this thread was you came across as a hard working, decent person. I truly hope at some stage in the future, you will be able to look back and say you turned things around. Keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Best of luck Jon.

I'm so sorry life has dealt you such a shiit hand. I felt drawn to your thread as I loved the thought of a man working so hard so his family could create a house to be filled with good memories.

Your go get em and work hard attitude was so refreshing to read.

I was genuinely gutted for you when I read your relationship had collapsed and I'm sorry that tensions escalated.

As I'm sure you now know all that matters is your mental health and your children's happiness.

I can only applaud you for taking the steps needed to protect your mental health. Seriously fair fuucks.

I can only wish you the best and I hope you find a way to rebuild your life. I hope you can develop a relationship with your children.

I know it sounds daft from one stranger to another but I am rooting for you and I wish you peace and happiness.

Best of luck

(Ps some women are dreadfully mean but I hope you get to meet the one to make the bad ones seem like a distant memory)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Wow Jon not the update I was hoping for but I am in awe with your bravery and honesty. You are a hardworking and courageous man. I wish you the very best of luck and I hope you find happiness and peace in your future.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Like many others I had become emotionally strangely invested in this thread and really wanted everything to work out.

Best of luck to FortySeven in all his future endeavors and I know that a good Dad such as yourself will manage to have a great relationship with his kids despite the roadblocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Like many others I had become emotionally strangely invested in this thread and really wanted everything to work out.

Best of luck to FortySeven in all his future endeavors and I know that a good Dad such as yourself will manage to have a great relationship with his kids despite the roadblocks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

FortySeven you were an inspiration to a lot of us (if not all) who read this thread. Please take from that rather than putting yourself down (bipolar alcoholic). You are a wonderful man. You have just been through a lot. Stuff that would push anyone over the edge.

I wish you the very best in the future. From what you posted you came across as a lovely soul, I am confident things will get better for you. Chin up.

Take care
    Amdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I saw this thread on the main page and was excited as I thought it was an update from forty seven ..

Wishing you well wherever you are OP .

Advertisement