Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new stock for cz527/223

Options
  • 14-06-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

just looking for direction on putting a new stock on the rifle,Ive been looking at Boyds rifle stocks at $99 and they look a fine type.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/design-gallery/ss-evolution-replacement-gunstocks

was admiring this type and was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?
    the gun snapped in two right on the grip section behind the bolt

I took a fall 3 years ago from the edge of a ridge and luckily I ended up with bruises and sore back,unfortunately the gun didnt fare too well,the gun snapped in two right on the grip section behind the bolt...But a cabinet maker pinned it back together and it was fine up to last week.I can now feel a little play in the joint where it broke so no more messing about,I need a new stock.Any helpful advice or alternative ideas would be great.I dont have a huge amount of cash to spend,possibly 300-400 max.Might pick up a moderator also at a later date.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

transit260 wrote: »
    .I dont have a huge amount of cash to spend,possibly 300-400 max.
    That is a good budget. Two thing come to mind straight away.

Pat Sludds will build you a stock, from scratch for approx €400 - €450. His work can be seen here.

Second option would be a Klinsky, drop in, stock. They do a great selection for most types of CZ rifles. Price are approx €270.Look here for them.

Both would be of better quality than Boyds, but also more expensive.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

cass thanks for that,maybe i havent seen them all but what ive seen on the Klinksy site are ugly looking shapes,can the site be read in English?

what about a black/green plastic stock?Im not too fussed over style ,once its shooting without problems then im happy.

These are the only ones for the 527 CZ.

They're not bad in real life. I saw the top ones on the range one day and it's not too bad at all. However that is little help if they're not your cup of tea.

The selection for the 527 is not great. Any decent stocks tend to cost a lot more than you might be willing to spend. Pat Sludds does some very nice stocks, hand made from scratch to your preferences. His price range is around €400 - €450 but can go as high as €500 depending on the extras you want. I was starting to get a stock of him last year when the deal i was doing fell apart (stock i was selling) it had the knock on effect of me not being able to go for it, but he was a gent to deal with, and his work is very tasty. It was his prices that drew me to him.

I brought him photos of three other stocks with features from each that i'd like to have and he said no bother. That included a rounded foreend of my dimensions, knurled hand grip, adjustable cheek riser, etc. Much like this one, but the one in the picture below has an unfinished foreend. So they wouldn't actually be that square.

You could always go for the Evloution stock or the Barricuda from Boyds. They are a decent stock but the foreend is a little too wide for my liking. But that is my opinion and it could be perfect for you. They are generally on the ball, fitting wie, but the best they do is 98% inletted meaning you may need to do some finessing to ge the stock 100% tight.

Another option is the SSS stock (Staffordshire Synthetic Stock). They are a composite stock and the newer MR1 model seems a nice enough one. The feel is good, and not too heavy. Prices start around €300 up.

tactical%20stock.jpg
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

thanks cass, I have to say I find the klinksy ones on top the ugliest ever.To me they look like they were made from a recycled kitchen table,lol but Im not informed on such matters.

the synthetic stock is a very nice type in my eye,I might take a further look into that type,Thanks again for the direction.Im not a big gun fan but I enjoy the days out shooting I do.I have no understanding of most of the indebt conversations on here and the added extras that are advertised here,I have a gun,scope bullets and fun using it,lol

transit260 wrote: »
    thanks cass, I have to say I find the klinksy ones on top the ugliest ever.To me they look like they were made from a recycled kitchen table,lol but Im not informed on such matters.
    Can't say i disagree too much. They are meant to look like the AICS stock and i suppose that is the best that could be done without infringing on patent.

A stock should be functional, but also you need to be happy with the way it looks.
    the synthetic stock is a very nice type in my eye,I might take a further look into that type,Thanks again for the direction.
    The older model used to be very much like the Klinsky but they changed some features. However the price went up as a result.
    ,I have a gun,scope bullets and fun using it,lol
    Probably the best attitude to have lad.

I cannot overstate giving Patt Sludds a ring. A nice custom timber stock done to your specs and taste for the budget you have would be a lovely on the rifle.

The issue you'll have is they are not a huge range of stocks for the CZ 527. Ruger 10/22, Remington 700 are the most popular and then the CZ 452/455, etc. IOW manufacturers concentrate on making money from the most popular brands/models.

You only other option is to ring a few dealers and see if one has a stock from a cz527. You might be lucky and find one that has a stock from a non firing gun. Only a few quid if that and while it might be just another factory stock it'll solve all your problems.

• Advertisement

thanks again.I have a man on the hunt for me,im calling to him tonight,hes done some work before on his own guns and we will chat tonight and see what becomes of it

Advertisement