Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ok lads bit more of a problem. Currently watching the Martian. After about an hour it has let out a crack, the screen has turned black and I've missed about 10 seconds before it comes back on. This has happened about 7 times...baffled and pìssed off to say the least.
    Have the box connected wireless to my horizon box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

mfceiling wrote:
    Ok lads bit more of a problem. Currently watching the Martian. After about an hour it has let out a crack, the screen has turned black and I've missed about 10 seconds before it comes back on. This has happened about 7 times...baffled and pìssed off to say the least. Have the box connected wireless to my horizon box.

check your hdmi cable and connection with tv..

tharmor wrote: »
    check your hdmi cable and connection with tv..

Tried that and changed the hdmi cable. It's happening more frequently now. Every minute or two. Just let's out a crack, no picture and it comes back on about 10 seconds later. Making the film unwatchable. Cracking up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,824 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mfceiling wrote: »
    Tried that and changed the hdmi cable. It's happening more frequently now. Every minute or two. Just let's out a crack, no picture and it comes back on about 10 seconds later. Making the film unwatchable. Cracking up!!

It might be the stream but I doubt it. But no harm in try a few other shows and films to check.

If it stll happens you could just have a faultly box unfortunately.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It might be the stream but I doubt it. But no harm in try a few other shows and films to check.

If it stll happens you could just have a faultly box unfortunately.

Did it with the young ones movie as well!! Could be the horizon box as it kept doing the same even when I wasn't watching the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Try a different power supply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

mfceiling wrote:
    Did it with the young ones movie as well!! Could be the horizon box as it kept doing the same even when I wasn't watching the box.

Its a faulty HDMI slot on ur TV then !! Does it happen with other ports..just try if you have multiple...

tharmor wrote: »
    Its a faulty HDMI slot on ur TV then !! Does it happen with other ports..just try if you have multiple...

Tried all 4 hdmi ports and 2 leads!! Power supply sounds interesting...anyone know where you'd get a replacement power lead for it?

Tried all 4 hdmi ports and 2 leads!! Power supply sounds interesting...anyone know where you'd get a replacement power lead for it?

Post up a picture of the connection and someone might be able to help out.

Post up a picture of the connection and someone might be able to help out.

I'm on the phone only so it's a bit of a non runner. Was thinking maplins might keep something?

• Advertisement

I'm on the phone only so it's a bit of a non runner. Was thinking maplins might keep something?

You can take a picture with your phone.

Then when you type your post hit 'Attach File' and select the photo.

the person you bought it from should replace the one you have for free, Maplins are ridiculously expensive.

I think it's the same one as many others, if you have an external hard drive or an old nokia charger it should work.
    DC 5V 2.5A 2000mah with 5.5mm tip.

Allyall wrote: »
    the person you bought it from should replace the one you have for free, Maplins are ridiculously expensive.

I think it's the same one as many others, if you have an external hard drive or an old nokia charger it should work.
    DC 5V 2.5A 2000mah with 5.5mm tip.

Private sale from adverts. To be fair it was brand new and in the plastic. Just bad luck I think

This should work, but I'd double check first - http://www.amazon.co.uk/2000mah-charger-Adapter-Charger-myGadgetsandGames/dp/B00WGC2ZOO/

It depends on which MXQ it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Try the drawer where you keep old phone chargers,everyone has one of those drawers.If that fails Mr.Price has them.

zerks wrote: »
    Try the drawer where you keep old phone chargers,everyone has one of those drawers.If that fails Mr.Price has them.

Cheers...was beside Mr Price yesterday and didn't go in!! Watched 2 movies last night with no bother...not a squeak. It did ask me to update the app and I did - maybe that helped it!! Now to find out how to update mo**ro.

Cheers...was beside Mr Price yesterday and didn't go in!! Watched 2 movies last night with no bother...not a squeak. It did ask me to update the app and I did - maybe that helped it!! Now to find out how to update mo**ro.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98625218&postcount=1201

Allyall wrote: »

By pure luck I went into it and it asked me did I want to update!! Now it's working fine. Thanks to everyone for their help on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I am currently using one of the MXQ boxes in a spare room. Now for the first time I have a TV set up in a room which would be suitable for wiring and speaker placement for a cheap surround system. BUT I have never used a 5.1 surround before. So would anyone be kind enough to let me know if I can even use this box with a 5.1 system? Would I need any other equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I am currently using one of the MXQ boxes in a spare room. Now for the first time I have a TV set up in a room which would be suitable for wiring and speaker placement for a cheap surround system. BUT I have never used a 5.1 surround before. So would anyone be kind enough to let me know if I can even use this box with a 5.1 system? Would I need any other equipment?

i could be way off the mark here, but i don't think streams have 5.1 audio files.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Thanks, but apart from Kodi and Netflix I also use Plex for my local files

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

After using several streaming apps on my Samsung phone and tablet and being very happy with the results I decided to invest in an Android streaming box to use with my TV.

Over the past few days I've been the not-so-proud owner of three different boxes: A M8S, and two M8Q's - all purchased from different sources.

While they function pretty much as I'd expect from a budget-priced device (the M8S was a tenner more than the M8Q's) no matter what I do I cannot get video and audio to sync while streaming - playback video from a USB is fine, even with 1080p high-bitrate files.

I'm not talking about a few miliseconds here, the audio is a couple of seconds adrift!
    The same streams played simultaneously on my phone and tablet are perfect.

Ive searched in the menus for a setting that might need adjustment - nothing!

I've changed the cheap-and-cheerful HDMI for an expensive one - to no avail!

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    After using several streaming apps on my Samsung phone and tablet and being very happy with the results I decided to invest in an Android streaming box to use with my TV.

Over the past few days I've been the not-so-proud owner of three different boxes: A M8S, and two M8Q's - all purchased from different sources.

While they function pretty much as I'd expect from a budget-priced device (the M8S was a tenner more than the M8Q's) no matter what I do I cannot get video and audio to sync while streaming - playback video from a USB is fine, even with 1080p high-bitrate files.

I'm not talking about a few miliseconds here, the audio is a couple of seconds adrift!
    The same streams played simultaneously on my phone and tablet are perfect.

Ive searched in the menus for a setting that might need adjustment - nothing!

I've changed the cheap-and-cheerful HDMI for an expensive one - to no avail!

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Are you streaming in Kodi or using apps on the box itself?

Are you streaming in Kodi or using apps on the box itself?

I don't know whether I'm allowed to mention the apps by name on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BandMember

I don't know whether I'm allowed to mention the apps by name on here

Don't mention the names of the apps - he didn't ask that anyway, he just wants to know if you are running stand alone apps or add ons within Kodi. No names required. ;)

Stand alone apps - all have sync issues - including YouTube
    If I use Kodi - or the stock video player - to play local files I don't have a problem

Stand alone apps - all have sync issues - including YouTube
    If I use Kodi - or the stock video player - to play local files I don't have a problem

Ok most likely an app problem.

Make sure the apps are the newest version and try to update them. No harm to see if there is an update for the box itself as well.

Try that and come back if it doesn't work.

Ok most likely an app problem.

Make sure the apps are the newest version and try to update them. No harm to see if there is an update for the box itself as well.

Try that and come back if it doesn't work.

The box(es) came with earlier versions of the principal apps pre-installed.

I have already uninstalled them and installed the latest versions from either the Play Store or the developers own websites

It made no difference

The box(es) came with earlier versions of the principal apps pre-installed.

I have already uninstalled them and installed the latest versions from either the Play Store or the developers own websites

It made no difference

That's a bit strange. Maybe a factory reset of the box and a fresh start?

• Advertisement

That's a bit strange. Maybe a factory reset of the box and a fresh start?

It's not one box, it's three!

Advertisement