Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the human mind conceive a better foodstuff than

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Danish pastries, butter, scrambled egg, real coffee.....drool

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Three words:

Break. Fast. Roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Steak,chips,onions,mushrooms,peppercorn sauce and 12 pints of cold beer.

Food of the Gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I just had a cheese puff sandwich with mayonnaise. I dipped it into a bowl of cream of chicken soup.

Not bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭unfortunately

Accidentally bought batch loaf a while ago - and when I opened it up I realised it was that horrible bread I got during childhood visiting my granny. It's horrible dry stuff, the stuff I imagine you got in the Soviet Union - prefer a bit of soft, white sliced pan any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Toasted batch with scrambled eggs (a bit of milk and loads of black pepper in there, with some chives).

With a cup of strong tea. Can't go wrong with that.

KungPao wrote: »
    Toasted batch with scrambled eggs (a bit of milk and loads of black pepper in there, with some chives).
    I'm starving now. Try a splash of cream instead of milk though. Milk can turn scrambled eggs a bit rubbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,865 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just had a cheese puff sandwich with mayonnaise. I dipped it into a bowl of cream of chicken soup.

Not bad

You Sir have a problem :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You Sir have a problem :P

A delicious problem!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

My father loved that type of bread. As if it wasn't horrible enough it had to be burned.

One day when I was a teenager he sent me down the town to get some bread and told me to ask for a burned batch. I was too embarassed to ask for burned bread so I just got a normal one. I brought the bread home and put it in the oven for about half an hour until the crust was burned to a crisp and then let it cool down. My father later commented that it was the nicest bread he had ever tasted. He went to his grave not knowing about the bread incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

The lidl near me built an in-house bakery some time back and I find myself going in several times a week to buy the seeded Vienna Roll.They have a slicer available to use with three different thickness settings so you get even slices that are grand for sambos.My current snack of choice is smoked rashers,covered in mustard,between two slices of the Vienna loaf.Simple but delicious,no f@kin around.If I'm feeling adventurous,I'll grate up some extra strong cheddar and fire that in too.Back to the pro/anti batch loaf debate,I love the heels,not too fond of the rest so its wasteful of me to buy it.

Advertisement