Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual 'fcuk you, hayfever' thread.

Options
  • 12-06-2015 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else in a heap with it?

For a month now, I've been on the antihistamines, the nasal sprays, the eye baths, and it's just getting worse.

Supposedly a low or moderate pollen count so god help me when it gets high!

Anyone else suffering?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My drugs have stopped working. Have a head on me like a clogged drain. Miserable time of year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

eye baths

wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I don't normally get it this bad but after two days this week with streaming nose headache and sore throat I realised it was coz the landlord cut our grass and I was outside. Doh!

And pollen count was high on Wednesday so the redaction could still be calming for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

anncoates wrote: »
    wtf

Wash thingies used to reduce the rawness and itchiness caused by the hay fever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Sounds nasty, close the windows and doors and if you have an air circulation unit then add a pollen filter to it. Makes a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

wtf

Optrex! Washes the pollen out of your peeper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Stop overreacting! ;)

jester77 wrote: »
    Sounds nasty, close the windows and doors and if you have an air circulation unit then add a pollen filter to it. Makes a big difference.

I'm alright at home. It's work that's the problem. I work next to a florist and in front of an open door :pac:

Stop overreacting! ;)

If you could see how much gunk and blood my nose has produced this morning, you'd understand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I never had it before, what a dose. 11 sneezes in a row in work the other day! I don't have the option of closing the door when the pollen count is high unfortunately. Flixonase is good though.

• Advertisement

If you could see how much gunk and blood my nose has produced this morning, you'd understand :D

Oh I do... Hence why I said you need to stop the overreacting! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

wtf

An eye bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'm alright at home. It's work that's the problem. I work next to a florist and in front of an open door :pac:

ouch, is there a particular plant you have an allergy against. Maybe they would be nice to move it do the back of their shop, might lower the amount pollen getting blown around.

Hang on, blood? gunk? Is that normal? (Obviously I mean 'hayfever normal', not 'normal normal', I realise there's a distinction!)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Hang on, blood? gunk? Is that normal? (Obviously I mean 'hayfever normal', not 'normal normal', I realise there's a distinction!)

I've pretty bad hay fever, so it's normal for me. I basically sneeze until I get a nosebleed several times a day :o

I've pretty bad hay fever, so it's normal for me. I basically sneeze until I get a nosebleed several times a day :o

You poor fecker. A blob of Vaseline under my nose seems to help me quite a lot, although sadly it also removes my make up in that area :mad:

I find the best way to eradicate not just hayfever, but all allergic overreactions... is to damage your immune system so badly that it stops fighting everything! lol

Seriously, it's worth a try! :D

I find the best way to eradicate not just hayfever, but all allergic overreactions... is to damage your immune system so badly that it stops fighting everything! lol

Seriously, it's worth a try! :D

You first ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

I'm starting to feel the wrath of the hayfever now.... my right eye was rubbed to death last night and is now looking like Mike Tyson had his fun with me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Every morning, it's a bastard of a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

I'm starting to feel the wrath of the hayfever now.... my right eye was rubbed to death last night and is now looking like Mike Tyson had his fun with me.

I know that feelin. i look like im stoned with the big red eyes on me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I used to get it as a teenager. Sometime in my mid 20s I realized I couldn't remember the last time pollen got me sneezing. Haven't had a dose since, but I remember just how miserable it can be.

It can just disappear. Hang on to that thought!!

endacl wrote: »
    I used to get it as a teenager. Sometime in my mid 20s I realized I couldn't remember the last time pollen got me sneezing. Haven't had a dose since, but I remember just how miserable it can be.

It can just disappear. Hang on to that thought!!

My dad had it from 15 years old and it disappeared when he was in his 40s.

Maybe I'll get lucky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭blue note

This year was brilliant up to 2 or 3 days ago. I was just taking an anithistamine and was practically fine. Got beconase yesterday to add to it and I'm sneezing and itching and blocked up all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The older I get the less I seem to be hit by it (he says while knocking on wood).

Inevitably get bad days if I've been hanging around outside, but I find a change of clothes and a shower help alleviate things.
    Biggest thing is keeping away from my eyes, if I scratch it even slightly I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Anyone else in a heap with it?

For a month now, I've been on the antihistamines, the nasal sprays, the eye baths, and it's just getting worse.

Supposedly a low or moderate pollen count so god help me when it gets high!

Anyone else suffering?

I used to suffer horrendously. Gave up gluten and now I only get sore/itchy eyes on the worst days.

There is a n injection that kann be got. Had it back in 2006/7 and it worked wonders tbf.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I used to suffer horrendously. Gave up gluten and now I only get sore/itchy eyes on the worst days.

Thats an interesting one alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I get it a bit, but nothing compared to how bad I had it when I lived in Central London. I would wake up in the middle of the night drowning in my own snot. It got better when I moved to North London, and South Dublin is paradise by comparison.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Could try putting a little dab of vaseline in each nostril to trap the pollen from getting up to the sinuses, worth a shot.:)

Advertisement