Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend [Back March 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

vicwatson wrote: »
    Noooooooooooo:):)

deep breaths vic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

Another aldi voucher in today's Cork examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

How to bankrupt Tesco in 3 easy steps.

1. Put vouchers in newspapers every few weeks. This doubles as a form of advertising so a win.
    2. Sit back and watch everyone flock to Tesco to use the voucher there instead on already discounted electronics they don't need.
    3. Nothing, job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

L1011 wrote: »
    The woman serving me today gave me daggers when using a €50 gift card I got from a market research company + a Lidl voucher...

The woman at the checkout in my local store on Saturday was the opposite - I didn't know about the "Sun" voucher, but she told me and sent me off to buy a copy at the customer service counter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

gizmo555 wrote: »
    I didn't know about the "Sun" voucher, but she told me and sent me off to buy a copy at the customer service counter!
    There were auld ones on checkouts in my tesco telling people to get them. They'd probably get a young lad to run off and get it for you!

I have seen the same women pointing out missed offers to people, like "you do know those were buy 1 get one free?" and would call a young worker over to go grab another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

does anyone know what you cant use the aldi vouchers to buy in Tesco? I know you cant use them to buy babies milk powder but is there anything else? I tried googling it but could find anything

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

viztopia wrote: »
    does anyone know what you cant use the aldi vouchers to buy in Tesco? I know you cant use them to buy babies milk powder but is there anything else? I tried googling it but could find anything

Lotto tickets, cigarettes (both legal issues, same as the baby formula). Gift cards due to a Tesco restriction.

viztopia wrote: »
    these are the restrictions on the clubcard vouchers. So some shops might include these with aldi ones, or not, some have reported getting gift cards.
    *Sorry, points are not awarded on tobacco or tobacco related products, lottery, stamps, prescription medicines, infant formulae milk, Tesco Gift Cards, saving stamps, in store concessions or for purchases of some Tesco Bank products. Other products may also be excluded from the scheme at the discretion of Tesco.
    **Sorry, you cannot use your vouchers to purchase tobacco, prescription medicines, lottery products, infant formulae milk.

there is little profit on tobacco & lottery, and its illegal to be promoting infant milk.

I find many employees are quite openly disgruntled so might let stuff through.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

rubadub wrote: »
    there is little profit on tobacco & lottery, and its illegal to be promoting infant milk.

Its also illegal to incentivise sale of tobacco and lottery. If you're bored enough to trawl through my posting history I dug up the legislation for both on this forum about two years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

How do you check if they've deducted it?

You get your printed receipt off the delivery man and if it's not ten euro cheaper then what is deducted from your card then they have not deducted the voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Whatever about using the vouchers in Tesco, there is just simply no way that I could get the same amount of decent products in my trolley, as I can with Aldi for the fifty euro.

Maybe if I were to use Tesco own brand products, but these are not comparable with Aldi in any way shape or form (imo)

Whatever about using the vouchers in Tesco, there is just simply no way that I could get the same amount of decent products in my trolley, as I can with Aldi for the fifty euro.

Maybe if I were to use Tesco own brand products, but these are not comparable with Aldi in any way shape or form (imo)

Don't use it on Tesco's normal, over-priced products if you're going to use it there. Use it on the stuff that's already discounted or that Aldi simply don't sell.

Recent uses I've made of them have been for half price Persil, €2 Goodfellas pizzas and a bottle of Redbreast.

I don't do any of my day to day shopping in Tesco, just raid it for discounts from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Bought the Examiner today as there is an add for the 10 euro aldi voucher...opened to page 2 and nothings there??

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Bought the Examiner today as there is an add for the 10 euro aldi voucher...opened to page 2 and nothings there??

Does it say Page 2 on the ad on the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

the person ahead of me today had the same problem. The cashier just told them to go back to the shop and change the paper. She said they can't accept the bit off the front page.

L1011 wrote: »
    Does it say Page 2 on the ad on the front?

and if the front did say page 2 I would check the rest of the paper, could be a typo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

its not in the examiner today as advertised, i went to tesco douglas and bought one the woman said all the papers were checked and nothing they can do but advised me to complain to aldi, which i have done via twitter, waiting on a reply now.
    I also check mahon point tesco and it was the same there.
    clearly flashed on the front page 2 but nothing there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

An error in the printing I'd say as the Aldi website still states the following -

Pick up your papers and save €10 at Aldi

Irish Independent - Thursday
    Irish Sun - Saturday
    Irish Examiner - Saturday

Terms and Conditions
    *See back of voucher for dates of use. Voucher must be presented before purchasing items at the till. Voucher valid for €10 off your shopping when you spend €50 in a single transaction. One voucher per single transaction. Copied, damaged or defaced vouchers will not be accepted - only original vouchers are valid. Excludes infant Formula Milk. This voucher has no cash value, is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. This voucher remains the property of Aldi stores Ltd and is not for resale or publication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Yep mistake by the examiner
    Aldi told me via Twitter that if I ring the examiner they will refund the price of the paper and send me a voucher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

I rang customer care for aldi, they told me to ring the Cork examiner. I rang them and they have a facility to leave a voice mail if you are ringing about the voucher and they will post you on a voucher.

FrStone wrote: »
    I rang customer care for aldi, they told me to ring the Cork examiner. I rang them and they have a facility to leave a voice mail if you are ringing about the voucher and they will post you on a voucher.

Rang them up and they'll post it out to me. A printing error apparently, wouldn't like to be the person who made that mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,671 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Rang them up and they'll post it out to me. A printing error apparently, wouldn't like to be the person who made that mistake!

There was a similar mistake in Thursdays Evening Herald, it said there would be a voucher in Fridays Independent but there wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Anyone have the barcode from yesterdays examiner?

donnacha wrote: »
    Anyone have the barcode from yesterdays examiner?

Trying to pull a fast one eh..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

FrStone wrote: »

What number did you call? I am on hold to main switch number now and not getting anywhere
    Thought I was going mad yesterday when I couldn't find the voucher in the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭crayon80

I don't have it but tbh I'd say if the bar code goes viral they'll stop posting them out. Or make people post them in on top of the cost of the paper.

crayon80 wrote: »
    I don't have it but tbh I'd say if the bar code goes viral they'll stop posting them out. Or make people post them in on top of the cost of the paper.

Being honest I wasn't asked for any barcode, they took my word that I had bought the paper no questions asked. I guess that's why I wouldn't like people taking advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Website says back tomorrow in Indo and Saturday Sun and Examiner,

https://www.aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/voucher-terms-and-conditions/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,671 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

prodsc wrote: »
    Website says back tomorrow in Indo and Saturday Sun and Examiner,

https://www.aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/voucher-terms-and-conditions/

Excellent, now to ponder what's the best booze deals in Tesco to blow them on :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement