Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Maths Paper 2 - Ordinary Level - June 8th***

Options
  • 08-06-2015 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Okay that was suspiciously easy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MuchZeus

Post exam discussion for Leaving Cert Ordinary Level Maths Paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Brilliant exam couldn't be happier :D everything I hoped for came up and nothing too difficult! still annoyed that I'm more than likely not going to get my A because on Paper 1 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Seemed nicer than P1. Probably got a lot wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bmea

What was the slope of P? I just had to make it up which would have lost me a few marks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Grand paper, now for Irish.

• Advertisement

bmea wrote: »
    What was the slope of P? I just had to make it up which would have lost me a few marks

I believe it was -1, it told you they were both equally spaced or whatever so I just gave it the points (5,0) and (0,5) then used the slope formula

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jamies15

bmea wrote: »

1 I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

What was slope of P?

I believe it was -1, it told you they were both equally spaced or whatever so I just gave it the points (5,0) and (0,5) then used the slope formula

Upward sloping from left to right so would it not be positive?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bmea

Ya it would have been positive

• Advertisement

Jamies15 wrote: »
    Upward sloping from left to right so would it not be positive?

I was thinking that myself but i got -1 when i worked it out :confused: probably made a small mistake :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

What was slope of P?

It was 1. It was split equally. Perpendicular slope was -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

Was not too bad.. hopefully pass- worthy. Only thing was I don't remember ever doing enlargements.. threw in some numbers and drew a triangle.. praying for some attempt marks there

I thought the enlargement question was lovely, if I did it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 matii10

Same here. Never done enlargements and just guessed that the large triangle is 1.5 times bigger than the small one.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

yeh was very easy tbh only part I wasnt sure on was question 9 part e on that formula thing or trial. Actually what did people get for the equation on the secound circle, radios wise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ko3p

Slope was 1. All you had to do was get Tan45.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jimmy420

What was the Empirical Rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 electromix

so much better than paper 1. Want to pass so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Famoso

I hadn't a clue of the Slope of P, so just picked 3 and continued on doing the rest of the question with that slope. Will I still get a few marks?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Jimmy420 wrote: »
    What was the Empirical Rule?

It just states that, in a normal distribution, 99.7% of data will fall within three standard deviatons of the mean. You can break it down into 68% within one SD and 95% within two SDs.

Famoso wrote: »
    I hadn't a clue of the Slope of P, so just picked 3 and continued on doing the rest of the question with that slope. Will I still get a few marks?

I picked 2, and you only lose marks for the first part, you'll be marked correctly for the rest (assuming you did the question right.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NoDruidsPlease

Paper two was exactly what I needed, might actually pass maths now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 andreideeu

For the very first question was it 10! diveded by 6 ???? Or 10x10x10x10x10x10 ????

• Registered Users Posts: 4 matii10

andreideeu wrote: »
    For the very first question was it 10! diveded by 6 ???? Or 10x10x10x10x10x10 ????

Oh God, I missed the part where it said that the numbers may be repeated. So I presume I got the whole first page wrong because of that fact. I've got 10x9x8x7x6x5 and I assume that the correct answer is 10x10x10x10x10x10.

Actually was that slope of P definitely 1? I've been talking to a couple of people in my year who dropped from honours and I would assume know more than me and they were saying it was -1.

I just can't understand how it could be given that it sloped upwards from left to right, is it ever possible for that to be anything but positive?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Messed up on the very first question about the bank pin, I wouldn't mind but I knew how to do it and did it right in the mock.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ConM96

I was a reader for a candidate in the exam today and am currently studying to be a maths teacher and I can confirm that the slope was 1 and the perpendicular slope was -1. If any of you have any other questions about any of the questions on today's exam feel free to ask and I can provide you with the correct ways to do out the questions.

Just seeing aswell some of you are asking about the pin question . The first part was 10^6.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ConM96

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Question:Did any constructions come up? Waa revising them with my sister last night.

An Enlargement came up but that was it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Eazzah

Horrible paper.

Advertisement