Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could ban one thing, what would it be?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

You know those milk cartons, where they are sealed with a plastic disk on the top, and a little kind of pull tag thing you're supposed to sort of pull around in a spiraling motion to open, but the little pull tag breaks off 80% of the time, so you have to pop the plastic disk in with your finger or something resulting in milk splashage, and the other twenty percent of the time there is milk splashage in anyway, due to the very nature of the design? The milk splashage guaranteed cartons? Those cvnts. Those demonic little bastards. So much splashage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Selfie sticks, the very manifestation of vanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

RoboRat wrote: »
    Selfie sticks, the very manifestation of vanity.

It's not vanity, it's confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Kev W wrote: »
    I'd ban the misuse of the term "passive-aggressive".
    I'd ban Kev W from boards.ie for embarassing me in front of the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Sometimes I even hold my fork in my right hand.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Alcohol - One of the most, (if not the most) addictive, destructive drugs known to man.

However by doing that you'd inadvertently revive one of the most lucrative criminal rackets in human history, bootlegging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

Men wearing BBQ aprons....looks rediculous
    Christmas jumpers....especially the reindeer ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ban the use of the word 'bot' and this nonsense :rolleyes:.

All too often they're used to hide behind, when someone can't intelligently debate with those of a rival viewpoint.

I'd ban the taking photos of already-skinny people, Photoshopping them to make them even skinnier, and placing these altered photos in magazines.

I'd ban the advertisement of extraordinarily expensive toys during children's TV shows.

I'd ban the false advertisement that exists between the photos of food you see in fast food restaurants and what you actually receive when you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

The word "Bae"......no reason needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Leif Johnson

The word "Bae"......no reason needed

Co.Cork step forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Ban arse licking threads and threads started to stroke the ego of a site memeber. Nothing worse than brown nosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,174 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'd ban that recent trend in packaging (I have no clear recollection of when it came in) which necessitates the use of a scissors to cut the ****ing thing open.

Even then, the edge of the plastic is so sharp you invariably slit a nasty cut in any one of your fingers.

Seriously? Who thought they were a good idea?

Devil's work I tells ya!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Vandango wrote: »
    Ban arse licking threads and threads started to stroke the ego of a site memeber. Nothing worse than brown nosing.

You've been watching too much Big Brother :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'd ban that recent trend in packaging (I have no clear recollection of when it came in) which necessitates the use of a scissors to cut the ****ing thing open.

Even then, the edge of the plastic is so sharp you invariably slit a nasty cut in any one of your fingers.

Seriously? Who thought they were a good idea?

Devil's work I tells ya!

Saw at the plastic with the serrated edge of a key - works like a charm, and no need for scissors or a knife.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

I don't think I'd ban anything except sugar.

But then there would probably spring up a sugar-dealing underground like for banned narcotics.

People with a sweet tooth can have honey.

Plus honey bees are awesome. They work all day and make this lovely stuff and don't really mind if you take it and spread it on you toast or drop a dollop of it into your porridge or tea.

Yep, sugar can fcuk off

• Registered Users Posts: 19,174 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Saw at the plastic with the serrated edge of a key - works like a charm, and no need for scissors or a knife.

Thanks McGyver ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Fardiners!

Nah i'd probably ban the use of the word "literally" for emphasis. The irony in it's misuse has long since been amusing... It's like nails on a chalkboard to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

billyduk wrote: »
    Fardiners!

Nah i'd probably ban the use of the word "literally" for emphasis. The irony in it's misuse has long since been amusing... It's like nails on a chalkboard to me now.

No the irony is that if you're going to ban something it's the misplaced apostrophe.

Its = of it
    It's = it is

Con Houlihan said that a man who could misplace an apostrophe was capable of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Is there any product,custom,phrase etc etc.. that you would wish to ban?

Women drivers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Laminate and tile floors in apartments. A friend is on her way to a nervous breakdown over her upstairs neighbours who thump around 20 hours a day and the neighbour's social housing landlord who refuses to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Kev W wrote: »
    Interesting that in a mental exercise where you could ban anything in existence you would use it to take poor people's rights to have children away rather than say for example, banning poverty.

Poor people not having children would reduce poverty...how exactly does one ban poverty?

Advertisement