Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you pets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I have 2 dogs - 4 year old Labrador and a 13 year old Labrador X

I have a horse, 14 year old arabian

I have two bearded dragons

I have a few different types aquariums in my lifetime, everything from small tropical to a huge 600 litre coral reef full saltwater aquarium

I've a 29 year old goldfish

Currently have a baby swallow .... He's a rescue, we'll see if he pulls through the night :(

Leopard gecko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I have this gorgeous girl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

MarkY91 wrote: »
    We had a cat until yesterday. He passed away. Very tough when you become attached. I urge people to consider this before they welcome a new member to the family as they are gone before you know it :(

Sorry for your loss :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

We had a goldfish once, jumped out of the bowl in the middle of the night landed slap bang in the middle of the floor.

And that was the end of the goldfish.

Sounds fishy I know but it's true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I used to have a Mongolian desert rat (Gerbil) I used to let him out and run around the house as I had all gaps in the room blocked off, but except for one which I didn't notice. There he was flying all over the place having a great time, and then he vanished all of a sudden into that hole in the wall I missed.

A week later and I still couldn't find him, but then when I was making a cup of tea, there he was rubbing his hands over his nose looking at me beside that small hole in the wall. I never saw him after that day, he probably made it to the beach and built a new home for himself.

I still have the odd dream after all these years wondering where he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

1 dog, 2 cats, an african grey parrot, a pig and 3 chickens. Latest addition is a particularly smart gun club bred pheasant who has moved in with the chickens and refuses to leave. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Kovu wrote: »
    Can't run a farm without knowing they're going for slaughter eventually but you're as well make the best of the time you have with them.

I'd be bankrupt fairly quick if I attempted to be a farmer. I'd befriend all the animals and give 'em names and let them run around the house and basically become a parent to all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

lulu1 wrote:
    We had a goldfish once, jumped out of the bowl in the middle of the night landed slap bang in the middle of the floor.

We had a goldfish who did this too but jumped into the turf box!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

bee06 wrote: »
    Don't have any and don't get the whole concept either.

have you no soul.. pets are great..

i have a german shepherd and a terrier cross.. total opposites

We have a cat called Captain ****s A Lot (I did not name him!), Captain for short. Then we have a kitten, Pepper, and she is my baby. I love her to pieces. Caught her walking on the road this evening and nearly had a heart attack!

We also look after my boyfriend's sisters dog, Molly. She's the cutest dog. When we come home she strips her teeth at us which might look scary to someone who doesn't know her but it's her way of smiling at us!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

One dog and two cats, they live in the farm yard wouldn't be house pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I have a rescue dog called Murph, great little feller, half collie and half mountain dog of some kind.

Yeh right, a nice dog . I don't believe that for a second.... Where's the rest of the body he just eat . I see what's left of the shoe that was on that bloke .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I have no pets. I want to get a dog, but it's not really possible at the moment. I'd really like a rough collie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

KatW4 wrote: »
    We had a goldfish who did this too but jumped into the turf box!

Did it live to tell the tail??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Yeh right, a nice dog . I don't believe that for a second.... Where's the rest of the body he just eat . I see what's left of the shoe that was on that bloke .

AHH!!!, ehh.............. :o ........... No comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wibbles19

Two dogs and a goldfish that snuck in last week, pretty quite around these parts at the moment. It gets busy when school shuts down at the end of the month.

lulu1 wrote:
    Did it live to tell the tail??

It didn't! We were out somewhere and when we came back, my little sister, who was about 3 at the time, came running into us holding it by the tail!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

AMKC wrote: »
    I have a dog. She is a great dog the best anyone could ask for until every once in a blue moon she ****s in herself. Don,t know who she is expecting to pick the **** of her because it certainly ain't me. Any idea,s how to clean without touching it is welcome.

Try this, great stuff:

envypic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

3 Rabbits

A guinea pig

Lovebirds

A Degu

There was another degu but she died, had 2 Syrian hamsters at different times and 2 dwarf hamsters.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    3 Rabbits

A guinea pig

Lovebirds

A Degu

There was another degu but she died, had 2 Syrian hamsters at different times and 2 dwarf hamsters.

And a partridge in a pear tree? :D:P

As for myself, a sheepdog, a brillopad terrier, a white and grey rough haired terrier (or little scut as we call him), a big beagle (or bagel as they are called out Wesht) and last but certainly not least a big, cuddledy sheepdog. And one surviving cat.
    The other two cats died withing a month of each other, they were 15 and 20 years old, so a bit sad but they had very nice and long lives.
    If I could swing it to be able to lick my bum on the couch for a living and have someone bring me food, I would do it. :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A one-eyed black rescue cat called Murph.

She's my shadow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I never had much luck with pets. My first pet was a dog who ran away. Then I got a rabbit but he was killed by the neighbors dog. Then I got some finches and they pecked each other to death. Finally I got a goldfish who committed suicide. He actually jumped out of the bowel I kid you not. I gave up after that.

Aside from the canine - we keep hens and geese. Not sure many people would call them pets - though the hens are affectionate in their own way and have individual personalities that we have come to know. Geese are a little harder to get emotionally invested in - which makes Christmas time easier on us than them I imagine.

Do capture wild rabbit every so often and keep them for awhile before eating them. Also not the friendliest of creatures - but there is a house ban on naming them just in case :)

I have always wanted a kestrel or hunting bird of some description. Maybe in my retirement.

I never had much luck with pets. My first pet was a dog who ran away. Then I got a rabbit but he was killed by the neighbors dog. Then I got some finches and they pecked each other to death. Finally I got a goldfish who committed suicide. He actually jumped out of the bowel I kid you not. I gave up after that.

I have the same when it comes to gardening, it's called a black thumb. Every plant I touch, dies. :eek:

Advertisement