Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you pets

Options
  • 07-06-2015 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Ive a dog and now a goldfish..his happy out swimming in his bowl...i wonder do fishes fart

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Specialun wrote: »
    Ive a dog and now a goldfish..his happy out swimming in his bowl...i wonder do fishes fart

Not sure, but wait till he poos! We had one swimming around with the poo hanging off him for hours, once.

Currently, we share the house with 5 cats. 2 have been with us for 3 years, 2 kittens we adopted yesterday, and 1 kitten we foster until he can find his forever home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

A pug and a jack Russell. We did have five jug puppies for a few months but just the 2 now!!

I love my dogs, they really helped my depression, I don't know how but just having my pug cuddle me and want a walk really helped get me out of the house and feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Specialun wrote: »

apt username

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Two cats and a few of the suckler cows could definitely be counted as outdoor pets. One of them always marches straight up to me in the field and wallops her great big head onto my shoulder so I can scratch her neck. She's called Noo Noo after the hoover thing in Teletubbies cause she eats everything, the great big eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Get the fish out of the bowl and do some research ffs. You'll have the poor thing swimming in **** infested acid soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

2 dogs. My son has goldfish who are currently "on holiday" ie dead but he doesn't need to know that, I'm going to have to replace them, longest holiday ever at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Kovu wrote: »
    Two cats and a few of the suckler cows could definitely be counted as outdoor pets. One of them always marches straight up to me in the field and wallops her great big head onto my shoulder so I can scratch her neck. She's called Noo Noo after the hoover thing in Teletubbies cause she eats everything, the great big eejit.

Will you turn them into burgers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

I had to take my goldfish to the vet, as it had epilepsy.

The vet said it looked all right to him. I said wait until I take it out of the bowl

whupdedo wrote: »
    Will you turn them into burgers ?

I won't, somebody else will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Hate dogs would never have one. Sitting around licking their own asshole and sniffing others then they go and lick the owner all friendly like. Cute fcukers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Goldfish live 20 - 40 years and grow to nearly a foot in length. Don't keep them in bowls.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Hate dogs would never have one. Sitting around licking their own asshole and sniffing others then they go and lick the owner all friendly like. Cute fcukers.

Ahh your just jealous you know you would if you could:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Silverfish wrote: »
    Goldfish live 20 - 40 years and grow to nearly a foot in length. Don't keep them in bowls.

Ah ya but they never live 20-40 years. Their lovely owners usually kill them well in advance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Kovu wrote: »
    I won't, somebody else will.

Can't really call them pets so if your going to send them off to be shot in the head , hung upside down and bled dry , before being skinned and broken down on an industrialised conveyor belt for consumption , just saying like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

TBH, I enjoy dogs more than I enjoy most humans... and you sound like most humans.

whupdedo wrote: »
    Can't really call them pets so if your going to send them off to be shot in the head , hung upside down and bled dry , before being skinned and broken down on an industrialised conveyor belt for consumption , just saying like

Can't run a farm without knowing they're going for slaughter eventually but you're as well make the best of the time you have with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,508 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Goldfish, some chickens, we keep two
    Pigs too, but they're in the freezer at the moment - will get two more soon though, can't beat pets that you get to eat too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

An aging labrador, a rescue labrador cross (crossed with a garbage disposal, I think), two cats (survivors from an abandoned litter) and about 100000 bees.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

_Brian wrote: »
    Goldfish, some chickens, we keep two
    Pigs too, but they're in the freezer at the moment - will get two more soon though, can't beat pets that you get to eat too ;)

Yes, Kovu, Snu Snu with Noo Noo.......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We've 4 cats, who we adore, wouldn't be without them.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

None - can barely look after meself ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I have a rescue dog called Murph, great little feller, half collie and half mountain dog of some kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I've a little doggie, adorable little bollix, melts my black heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fartman

Mena wrote: »
    Get the fish out of the bowl and do some research ffs. You'll have the poor thing swimming in **** infested acid soon enough.
    +1 Fish bowls should not be sold in pet shops its so cruel ..people forget fish are animals and need to be treated with respect

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I have a dog. She is a great dog the best anyone could ask for until every once in a blue moon she ****s in herself. Don,t know who she is expecting to pick the **** of her because it certainly ain't me. Any idea,s how to clean without touching it is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Have golden Labrador a lovely friendly girl 8 years old, cat 12 years old and new addition a young cat who wandered in and made himself at home about 6 weeks ago, took it to the vet to get neutered as don't want anymore cats, ( thought it was she, but turned out to be a he as vet said cheaper to neuter the male) have enough to feed as all our animals so love lots and lots food =( so good for children and adults too, labs love exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Got Bobby from a relation who was thinking of putting him down as he was too boisterous around her daughter. Bit of a nuisance as he chases the cattle, he sheds huge quantities of hair for around 3 months in the spring and the fecker has an unreal appetite. Some sort of crossbreed. Loves nothing more than going for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Don't have any and don't get the whole concept either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Yes, 2 cats. Hopkins is a neutered tom, and Pluck is an adorable and fluffy neutered female. It wasn't my idea to get cats in the first place, but I've grown rather fond of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

We had a cat until yesterday. He passed away. Very tough when you become attached. I urge people to consider this before they welcome a new member to the family as they are gone before you know it :(

Advertisement