Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst hangover ever

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

lickme wrote: »
    If your able to type and sit up your not bad. Your not properly hungover if your looking for food. Don't even have the fear!

My usual hangover is lying in bed till 6PM wondering if I'm going to die because im sick as a small hospital. Praying i will be alive the following day if i fall asleep. Then the fear comes and the paranoia wondering what the he'll you did last night, then the depression and anxiety kicks in while your still dying, thinking there is people out to kill you. The only cure for this is to go to your local pub, unshowered and scruffy hoping to be to left alone sipping slugging three or four pints because your so thirsty hoping to God your hangover will disappear. And then thanks be Christ your someway good again. Then back home to bed and your still a depressed wreck, roasting hot and the sweat only pouring out of ya. The effect of the few pints for the cure are wearing off. Your tossing and turning till 6Am till you finally fall asleep. Wake up the next afternoon and still feel a bit hungover but not too bad but depressed as **** with no energy. That my friend is my hangover if I go on a two day drinking binge with min 15 pints a day.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=the+fear&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=hCV0Vc6VD8z0UvezgKgO&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=360&bih=559#imgrc=hwdEFFLaeXrpsM%253A%3BMzCecZYGu8GBhM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fjamartprints.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F06%252Feoin-whelehan-symptons-of-the-fear.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fjamartprints.com%252F%253Fproduct%253Dsymptoms-of-the-fear%3B1280%3B1760

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=onion+man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i see your logic... but went to bed at 6am and son woke me at 10:30...

You are still drunk. Wait until around 15:00 and you will be in bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭lickme

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Puddle Q

i see your logic... but went to bed at 6am and son woke me at 10:30...

Have your son cook the fry since this is mainly his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Couple packets of salt and vinegar disco's will have you right as rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

ok things have taken a turn for the worse.... my assumption that i was hungover earlier was premature..... what drink was left in me has now left and now i need an ambulance as i think im about to die...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Peruzzi wrote: »
    The only cure for a hangover is to jump into an ice cold body of water.

Or better still jump on a toasty warm body. Dehydrated hangover sex followed by sleep. Then wake up in a few hours with the munchies. A pint of ice cold coke, some fast food a good sh1te and an afternoon watching box sets will see you right.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Don't think that actually works. Jumping into ice cold water can cure the hangover immediately as it shocks your entire system.

So would sticking your todger in the toaster. Doesn't make it a good idea.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Bottle of beer over lunch will sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Black pudding and mugs of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

You'll feel better after your hangover poo.

The poo is key to it all :-) and rehydrate drinking water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The best thing to do is resist the urge to stuff your face full of crap, and drink tons of water/ribena and have some toast or something first. Have the food in the afternoon then. Feels much better.

The one thing I absolutely must have when hungover is salt&vinegar crisps. The craving is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

I think people saying that food can cure their hangover are talking nonsense, maybe they have cravings for particular foods when hungover but I doubt very much a fry cures people's headaches and feelings of general sickness.

It's nonsense in a way but eating has some basis. Your blood sugar bombs after alcohol abuse so eating something helps raise it back up a bit. Drink is disastrous to health.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I couldn't even countenance a fry when massively hungover. The smell alone would turn my stomach.

A beer is the way to go or if you want a healthy alternative go for a steam room followed by a swim.

im slowly descending into a pit of hell..........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

That'll be the fear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭dmc17

If you're able to eat, it ain't a hangover. Come back to me when you haven't eaten in two days and we'll talk worst hangovers.

If these are the hangovers you are getting then you should probably consider giving up drinking.

Get that bottle Miller into you though at this stage of the hangover beer can be a struggle. A pint of ice cold coke/club orange/club lemon etc with a double vodka through it is probably your best hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Use my 10 step guide OP:

1. Hand shandy.
    2. Poo.
    3. Use the smell of said poo to help you puke.
    4. Shower.
    5. Drink plenty of water.
    6. Go for a walk, preferably on a beach, sea air helps.
    7. Eat dinner.
    8. After dinner you won't be able to move so just chill in front of TV.
    9. Hand shandy.
    10. Bed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

dmc17 wrote: »
    If these are the hangovers you are getting then you should probably consider giving up drinking.

Thankfully haven't had one of those in about 8 years but since the thread title is "hangover from hell" I thought I'd contribute about the worst one I'd ever had, so don't worry about me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 d1sc0d3v1l

There is only one cure that has empirical evidence; drink more alcohol.

The reason we get so sick the day after a feed of drink is because as our body has stopped processing the main alcohol present in our favorite beverages; ethanol. Once this happens our livers start processing the other alcohols present in the blood system, namely methanol. Once we reach this stage, we're f**ked. A byproduct that the liver is so kind to supply when processing methanol, is formaldehyde. Yep, the stuff you keep dead stuff in, so it stays, well, dead I guess. That's the real poison, and that's why it takes about 10 hours after your last toddy for a hangover to really kick in.

TL;DR It's your livers fault, alcohol is your friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I feel hungover reading some of these posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Tut tut, you're so foolish, tsk, drinking to excess, how stupid of you, drink is terribly bad, you have a problem if you're getting like this, I don't know how you do it, what will your liver think, you should really give up drinking. Roll eyes.

*continues shaking big, smug, judgemental head disapprovingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Self pity is fuel to your hangover. You need to snap out of it! Get food and fluids on board. Sort yourself out man!

Or get down the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I had an absolutely brutal hangover on Saturday morning. Normally, I don't get hungover from drinking Rekorderlig but I made the mistake of trying two mini-sample cans of Orchird Thief on top of them.
    Woke up thinking an elephant sat on my head during the night. My stomach was in bits!
    I'm grand now, though. The cure was a nice feed of sausage, rasher, pudding, scrambled egg and bagels shmeared with herby Philadelphia, all washed down with a massive bucket of tae.
    That being said, when that doesn't work, I find citrus Diaoralyte in a pint glass to be very effective.

starting to see light at the end of the tunnel...... had a power nap and a massive plate of chips.... finally seen 1 of everything.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

starting to see light at the end of the tunnel...... had a power fap and a massive plate of chips.... finally seen 1 of everything.....

FYP

kfallon wrote: »
    FYP

fap?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Advertisement
Advertisement