Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, Where's this fecking heatwave then?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Climate change has pushed it down that where it should be.

Or "gasp" the Gulf Stream could be slowing down.

Carbon is pure evil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

The constant wind is the worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm enjoying the october ish weather. **** the sun and heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the october ish weather. **** the sun and heat.

I agree. Nice weather is comfortable weather. 14 - 20 degrees, a few white fluffy clouds hanging about, you can sit outside in it, if you want, take off the jacket, even go swimming. A 'nice day in May', as I heard the Rubberbandits once put it. Why people go mad over weather in the high 20s or low to mid 30s is beyond me. It just gets to be cloying and clammy and crazy-making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

It's not right.

The leaving cert is on.

The weather should be hot, sunny , making it difficult for all the ragamuffins to study. And more rain today.......... Grrrr.

• Advertisement

It's not right.

The leaving cert is on.

The weather should be hot, sunny , making it difficult for all the ragamuffins to study. And more rain today.......... Grrrr.

I would wager that, statistically, Leaving Cert weather is pretty much a myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Well, in a time of climatic global cooling what do folk expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Crazy wind around here today and a few showers but the temperature is about right.. as said above I don't get the love for sweltering humid days myself.

Only thing I don't like really are very cold days.

The real killer for me anyway is that every time we get hot sunny weather it's always dead heat very high humidity and not a breeze. Now if there was always a breeze it would make it more enjoyable, but dead heat is just horrible imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Climate change has pushed it down that where it should be.

Or "gasp" the Gulf Stream could be slowing down.

Then we are really fecked. Welcome to a new ice age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

El Niño is doing his **** this year, so get that chimney cleaned and buy those winter tyres...gonna be a noice cold winter.

The summer looks like a write off. Mostly changeable westerly crap it looks like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Ah, El Niño, the tattered figleaf covering the tattered shame of the machinations of the elites!

Time to cast aside the blinkers, people!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

catallus wrote: »
    Ah, El Niño, the tattered figleaf covering the tattered shame of the machinations of the elites!

Time to cast aside the blinkers, people!

Leave Fernando Torres out of this people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

eternal wrote: »
    Leave Fernando Torres out of this people.

Hes all washed up. Unfortunatley El Nino sparks to life every so often.

mattser wrote: »
    And someone will call them ' feral ', which will enrage the do gooders.

"And dey do be throwin' de empty beer cans everywhere."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

When we have two days of a decent bit of sunshine, some drip will start a thread whining about the heat and praying for rain.

When we have two days of a decent bit of sunshine, some drip will start a thread whining about the heat and praying for rain.

And that drip would be me, I love the rain, it freshens the air up just nicely. And great for the plants :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Has there ever been a time when Ireland had great summers and Spain had **** ones? :)

Yes, when I am abroad the weather is fabulous here. Wherever I go, whatever sunny destination I choose, I will have exceptionally bad weather. Spain, Portugal, South of France, Bahamas, Florida, Mexico all suffered because of me.

I am going to Spain at the end of June so expect excellent weather here then (sorry Spain) :P

Well it looks like you will get your sun. From monday onwards it will be sunny and temperatures will rise to 20°c possibly 21°c with plenty of sunshine especially in the east.

OULOOK: Mostly dry settled conditions look set to last well into next week with high pressure dominating. Pleasantly mild on many of the days too, with just local sea breezes. Cool by night though, with air temperatures falling back to the low single figures locally.

Advertisement