Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, Where's this fecking heatwave then?

Options
  • 06-06-2015 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the situation, have my tent up in the bedroom trying to dry it out after a thoroughly wet Life Festival, well I'll tell a lie, it cleared up in Saturday morning about 5 am and was grand until the festival started up again. it didn't stop raining till Sunday evening, but was bloody freezing thanks to a persistent wind. Heatwave was supposed to start on Thursday, where is it? Did it get lost in the post or something.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

There is a heatwave. In Bulgaria.
    Pity we never get them in this god forsaken place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

The insidious lies, which are the legacy of our ignoring how tenacious is our grip on the truth, are what hurt the most! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I don't think we're getting one this year, early 20's is prob best we'll have to make do with :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The heatwave is in my microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Just warm would do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Welcome to Ireland. You must be new here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

If the poxy wind would die down, it'd be a fine afternoon here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Where was it reported that there was a heatwave expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Well it is 42C in New Delhi, I'd prefer it here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

catallus wrote: »
    The insidious lies, which are the legacy of our ignoring how tenacious is our grip on the truth, are what hurt the most! :(

You silver tongued fox, you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Bring back the weather of the early-mid '90s. We actually got summers then and far less cloud cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

If and when the sun does come out, we'll be into the usual skanger bashing threads when they reportedly appear everywhere, drunken, shirtless and antisocial. Then some posters will lose the run of themselves and begin discussing a solution involving a cull or enforced sterilisation, before being reined in by a mod. And we'll all wonder "Oh, will this summer never end??".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

briany wrote: »
    If and when the sun does come out, we'll be into the usual skanger bashing threads when they reportedly appear everywhere, drunken shirtless and antisocial. Then some posters will lose the run of themselves and begin discussing a solution involving a cull or enforced sterilisation, before being reined in by a mod. And we'll all wonder "Oh, will this summer never end??".

True. All hail the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mattser

briany wrote: »
    If and when the sun does come out, we'll be into the usual skanger bashing threads when they reportedly appear everywhere, drunken shirtless and antisocial. Then some posters will lose the run of themselves and begin discussing a solution involving a cull or enforced sterilisation, before being reined in by a mod. And we'll all wonder "Oh, will this summer never end??".

And someone will call them ' feral ', which will enrage the do gooders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

If you want a heatwave this summer , you gotta light the fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Bring back the weather of the early-mid '90s. We actually got summers then and far less cloud cover.
    Only 1995 was a hot summer, the previous ones after 1989 (another heatwave) were totally meh, bar occasional good spells of course.
    Most summers in Ireland are nothing great overall, although 2011 and 2012 were particularly atrocious - and they were cold too; usually summers here are mild at least, quite oppressively humid at times. This summer seems like '11/'12 so far, I've had the heating on at night... but there's time for a summer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

If you give me 5 million euros , I can give you a load of hot air.

John Delaney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

The Jet-stream is much lower south this year and seems to like it there, so the longer it stays down so low it will be cooler and wet.

True. All hail the cold.

At least in the cold I can get some sleep. I get to decide how warm I am with number of blankets. Couple of summers ago, you could have been naked, with both windows open and nothing. Also you'd have to close the windows at 4 because of the avarian cacophony that would inevitably begin, thus increasing the stuffiness and humidity. Yes, feck the heat. Hail the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Last year's summer was awesome. I was cycling to work in shorts and tshirt for at least a month straight. Rained at night, clear during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

The Jet-stream is much lower south this year and seems to like it there, so the longer it stays down so low it will be cooler and wet.

How do you move it up a bit, will global warming help?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

mankind needs to start fvcking with the weather.

... on purpose this time.

No, you need HAARP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

No, you need HAARP

Has there ever been a time when Ireland had great summers and Spain had **** ones? :)

Has there ever been a time when Ireland had great summers and Spain had **** ones? :)

Reminds me of the Michael McIntryre bit about when you start getting competitive about the weather after 3 days of sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

We had it in April this year instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Climate change has pushed it down that where it should be.

Or "gasp" the Gulf Stream could be slowing down.

2 people so far this afternoon have already complained to me about how cold and windy it has been, but I actually like it like this, not too warm, not too cold, just nice. The goldilocks-zone. Too warm and humid and everyone is complaining, and when it's perfect everyone still moans. Ah sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

giant scale wind powered hair dryer, pointing west.

• Advertisement

I think it was last year we had temperatures higher than Spain, for a time.

Advertisement