Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Yet another catchup, might start doing more regular shorter updates post training as I did when I started the log initially as the longer I leave it the less I want to catch up....plus always seem to end up doing this late at night.

Sunday 23-04-2017

Cycled over to Castleisland where a local club were having an Open Sports meet. My daughter was going to running in a few of the races (she did very well and came home with a 3rd place finish in on event). She did a throwing event as well with the turbo jab and whilst she didn't medal I suspect on age grading results she can throw a hell of a lot better than I can!!
    The cycle went well and I was glad to get it done, it took me around 1 hr 45mins but I wanted to hit 2 hours so I looped around the area a bit on a 5K race route I know. All in all it was 29miles in just over 2 hours. Thankfully my rear end seemed to handy it all, that was my main concern ahead of the cycling event I had signed up for.

Monday 24-04-20117

Nothing

Tuesday 25-04-2017

50min easy @ 9:09min/mi. 5.5miles

Wednesday 26-04-2017

Nothing

Thursday 27-04-2017

50min easy @ 9:16min/mi. 5.4 miles

Friday 28-04-2017

Nothing

Saturday 29-04-2017

Dingle Peninsula Challenge 56K (it was actually 58K). 2:42:10

Early start that morning with up at 6 to leave home at 6:45 to be in Dingle for just before 8. Kerry is a mad county in ways in how long it can take to traverse it. I come from Laois originally...due to motorways you can cross most of my home county in about 25-30 mins tops now.

Anyways before we started I had a puncture to repair, first time doing this for about 10 years if not more but with the aid of some youtube videos I know how to take the back wheel off properly. I just replaced the tube with a spare. I had checked the bike the night before and thought the wheel might be off so pumped it and gave it a test cycle in Dingle and it didn't feel right.
    So glad I didn't chance it!

The longer 120K event started at 9am with those just doing the Slea Head (what I was doing) starting at 9:10am. The first 1/3 of the route was very familiar to me as I have raced it in road races the last two Septembers and will do so this September as well. The hills felt different on the bike but one thing that was tougher was the wind, there was an emergency dismount at one stage at the people in front of me stopped dead....we just had to walk for a min then go again. Cycled on for another hour or so before doing a 90 degree turn and almost got blown into the ditch...and whilst the ditch would have been nasty pretty sure I would have ended up getting whacked off it and then onto the ground. Luckily I wasn't going such a speed at the time so I maintained control...barely.
    The final 45 mins or so was the worst then, we cycled around the base of Mount Brandon and there was some steady climbing for a few mins before that eased off into a right poxy wind tunnel that went on pretty much all the way back to the town. Finally getting back to Dingle I was happy with my longest ever cycle, one small issue was that I had stop sudden due to cars on the road on the main street and the second I did that I got an awful cramp in my left calf. Really nasty one that took me two attempts to stretch out. When we got back to the school we started at I took advantage of the free physio to get a massage on it. I did have some ideas of getting a run in there whilst I over there but just said whilst there was no damage done it didn't feel 100 percent. For those that were doing the longer event they cancelled the second half for them which would be the 58K we had just done due to the wind. I had heard that two people had fallen from their bikes and based on my experience I could well understand how that could happen.

This little challenge was pretty tough with wind and hills but I enjoyed it, I do have podcasts playing for long cycles so it keeps my brain sweet and as my body/ar*e gets used to the being on the bike it seems I can just keep tipping away with it like that. The adventure race will have around 30K cycling in it but I am planning the 110K Ring of North Kerry Cycle in August whilst still relatively early in my planned DCM 2017 training.

The slights out the Slea Head are so class though, not a Star Wars fan (despite going to see the newer ones in the cinema, Rouge One is the best of them by far) but I look forward to seeing that part of the country on the big screen again when the next one comes out.

Total running miles: 8.9 miles. Hardly worth recording but the focus for the week was the cycling event

Sunday 30-04-2017

Tralee junior parkrun, 1.2miles with my daughter in 17.37 @ 14:22min/mi.
    Tired enough this morning but hadn't done it for a few weeks so wanted to get in. Huge numbers with 200+ kids running. My little lady ran well, she was bulling mad during the first lap when someone bumped into her as they passed her (they barely tapped her) and then she managed to pass them again on the second lap. She was walking then with the last 150 meters to go and I told her they were going to catch her (they were actually) and she took off like the clappers. Delighted with herself when they didn't catch her before she crossed the line.

Monday 01-05-2017

Some trail running outside Tralee with some club mates who have also signed up for the Dingle Adventure Race. We ran 3 miles in just over 36mins @ 12:06min/mi. The first 20 mins or so were on the relative flat or gentle incline before one proper loop up and down. Been about a year since I did some of this kind of running but will try get it in at least once a week over the next month or so as prep for running up Mount Eagle outside Dingle.
    Need to get some kayak training as well!

Day 1 of the Kinetic Revolution 30 day challenge completed.

Tuesday 02-05-2017

50min easy, 5.3min @ 9:29min/mi.

Day 2 of the 30 day challenge completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

You'll have to get some tips from AM, about the adventure racing, well done on cycle, nice change of pace.

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    You'll have to get some tips from AM, about the adventure racing, well done on cycle, nice change of pace.

Ta my long term plans with the bike is to do cross training at least once a week as it helps to maintain fitness and do some events. Had thought of the Ring of Kerry this year but I need more work to be able to do 180KM on it.

I will indeed and will reread her race report again before hand to see a first timers experience again and Neady will be getting some tapped for some advice.
    The event is not too long though, 43KM in total with 35K cycling, 7.5K mountain running, the rest then is between running and kayaking. I have one maybe two half marathons to run between now and then.

Well done on getting Limerick done, so close to sub 1:40, I have to say I didn't miss doing it this year....my feet were ruined with blisters last year and I don't like the route at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

I'm liking that competitive spirit in your daughter very funny :) I help out at jnr park run and am genuinely in awe at the size of some of these tots belting out 2 km they are great would love half their energy :) well done on the cycle ... this nice weather had me thinking I'll dust off the bike and cycle to work ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Nice cycle Diego, it's a stunning circuit. I was hiking Hungry Hill further South in Castletownbere on Saturday and it was fresh to say the least. I wouldn't have liked to be on a bike :)

The Dingle AR wont be another to you and feel free to fire any questions you think I can help with my way.

• Advertisement

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    I'm liking that competitive spirit in your daughter very funny :) I help out at jnr park run and am genuinely in awe at the size of some of these tots belting out 2 km they are great would love half their energy :) well done on the cycle ... this nice weather had me thinking I'll dust off the bike and cycle to work ....

We find it hilarious really, there's a boy who she went to creche with (he's in a different school now to her but we see the parents a good bit) and he asks his parents every week did he finish ahead of her (even though she's not there as often as him and he's a good few mins faster than her). They are so funny!
    Neady83 wrote: »
    Nice cycle Diego, it's a stunning circuit. I was hiking Hungry Hill further South in Castletownbere on Saturday and it was fresh to say the least. I wouldn't have liked to be on a bike :)

The Dingle AR wont be another to you and feel free to fire any questions you think I can help with my way.

Thanks Neady (I am just doing the DAR Sport so should be fine), indeed I had done some small bit of training around the coast here to try experience the wind a bit more but it was calm enough those days. Guess you just get used to it, it's nastier on the bike that it is running as I've never felt really like I'm going to blown over as such on my feet.
    Will do, I was wondering about using the same footwear throughout the whole event but it seems I can expect to get wet footwear doing the kayak so guess maybe I should plan to put on my trail runners after that and use them on the bike (I haven't gone near proper clip in shoes/pedals and won't for a good while). Also it seems we are required to carry some stuff up the hill with us for safety reasons, I was thinking by wearing my flip belt and using the back pockets of the cycling jersey I will wear I can manage it but is there a small backpack/with a bladder I guess that you would recommend.

This is what we need to carry for going up the hill, guessing a decent little bag would be a good investment but least with a bladder I can cover off a few bases.
    • Small backpack / bumbag
    • Wind-proof / waterproof top
    • Light mid fleece (spare)
    • Small first Aid kit
    • Drink bottle
    • Energy Bars
    • Hat and Gloves
    • Whistle

diego_b wrote: »

Thanks Neady (I am just doing the DAR Sport so should be fine), indeed I had done some small bit of training around the coast here to try experience the wind a bit more but it was calm enough those days. Guess you just get used to it, it's nastier on the bike that it is running as I've never felt really like I'm going to blown over as such on my feet.
    Will do, I was wondering about using the same footwear throughout the whole event but it seems I can expect to get wet footwear doing the kayak so guess maybe I should plan to put on my trail runners after that and use them on the bike (I haven't gone near proper clip in shoes/pedals and won't for a good while). Also it seems we are required to carry some stuff up the hill with us for safety reasons, I was thinking by wearing my flip belt and using the back pockets of the cycling jersey I will wear I can manage it but is there a small backpack/with a bladder I guess that you would recommend.

This is what we need to carry for going up the hill, guessing a decent little bag would be a good investment but least with a bladder I can cover off a few bases.
    • Small backpack / bumbag
    • Wind-proof / waterproof top
    • Light mid fleece (spare)
    • Small first Aid kit
    • Drink bottle
    • Energy Bars
    • Hat and Gloves
    • Whistle

I'm very jealous of you doing this race, looks like it will be great fun, Dingle is such a great playground. It's clashing with run I'm doing that day :(

I use this Ultimate Direction backpack for ARs. You can pop a bladder in the back too but the bottles are easy to get at from the front, they don't bob around like they would in the back and you can judge how much you've had to drink.

It's the most comfortable bag I've tried. I had a raidlight bag but it just rattled around and slowed me down. I've seen lots of people on trails in Ireland using this bag and lots of those running the big races in the US (youtube) so it's very popular. It just fits very snugly (I use it on the smaller mountains here too when there's no need for the bigger bag).

There's a 3.0 version out now I believe - I know it's pricey but if you want a snug fit, it's very good. Shop around and you might get a bargain. Wiggle and a few more stores in the UK sell it.

I think you'll fit the waterproof jacket, hat, gloves and whistle in your cycle jersey and if you've a drink and food on the bike, you may not need them on the hill or the run.

I just checked out the breakdown of disciplines and you're right about the trail runners, you won't go wrong with putting them on after the kayak. They have good grip on the pedals and you won't have to be changing shoes at each transition.

Yup - you will get wet feet on the kayak and probably a wet bum :) You could bring a piece of sponge to put under you in the kayak but if it's a warm day you'll dry off nice and quickly.

I'm very jealous of you doing this race, looks like it will be great fun, Dingle is such a great playground. It's clashing with run I'm doing that day :(

I use this Ultimate Direction backpack for ARs. You can pop a bladder in the back too but the bottles are easy to get at from the front, they don't bob around like they would in the back and you can judge how much you've had to drink.

It's the most comfortable bag I've tried. I had a raidlight bag but it just rattled around and slowed me down. I've seen lots of people on trails in Ireland using this bag and lots of those running the big races in the US (youtube) so it's very popular. It just fits very snugly (I use it on the smaller mountains here too when there's no need for the bigger bag).

There's a 3.0 version out now I believe - I know it's pricey but if you want a snug fit, it's very good. Shop around and you might get a bargain. Wiggle and a few more stores in the UK sell it.

I think you'll fit the waterproof jacket, hat, gloves and whistle in your cycle jersey and if you've a drink and food on the bike, you may not need them on the hill or the run.

I just checked out the breakdown of disciplines and you're right about the trail runners, you won't go wrong with putting them on after the kayak. They have good grip on the pedals and you won't have to be changing shoes at each transition.

Yup - you will get wet feet on the kayak and probably a wet bum :) You could bring a piece of sponge to put under you in the kayak but if it's a warm day you'll dry off nice and quickly.

Thanks for that, I'll have to do some training with wet feet and a wet ar*e on the bike so, my wife will think I am nuts but I try cater the silly little things that could annoy on the day. ....the uncontrollables but least you can practice for them and get on with it.

Cool I will price that bag around, looks very good in fairness...it's a little bit pricier than what I would like but that Ulimate Direction range as a whole looks very good and obv tried and trusted! I might try a cheaper alternative for my first time out and then if I get the bug for those kids of events I can justify buying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

I'll have to tap diego_b for tips on my upcoming 56K cycle!! (it had better not be 58k!!!!)
    diego_b wrote: »
    Ta my long term plans with the bike is to do cross training at least once a week as it helps to maintain fitness and do some events. Had thought of the Ring of Kerry this year but I need more work to be able to do 180KM on it.

I will indeed and will reread her race report again before hand to see a first timers experience again and Neady will be getting some tapped for some advice.
    The event is not too long though, 43KM in total with 35K cycling, 7.5K mountain running, the rest then is between running and kayaking. I have one maybe two half marathons to run between now and then.

Well done on getting Limerick done, so close to sub 1:40, I have to say I didn't miss doing it this year....my feet were ruined with blisters last year and I don't like the route at all.

I had a sneaky look when you posted it on my log the other day, looks very nice, I might look at my calendar and see if it fits in :p It's definitely very dooable and Neady is a fantastic source of help although there won't be a bother on you doing those distances :)

Nice job on the cycle D!

I'll have to tap diego_b for tips on my upcoming 56K cycle!! (it had better not be 58k!!!!)

I had a sneaky look when you posted it on my log the other day, looks very nice, I might look at my calendar and see if it fits in :p It's definitely very dooable and Neady is a fantastic source of help although there won't be a bother on you doing those distances :)

Nice job on the cycle D!

Indeed it seems they don't measure cycling events the same way as they do running road races...in a headwind it's not so nice doing the extra few Ks. My first one of these last autumn was a 40K, it was probably an extra 1-2K longer as well. It's not like you can really do a racing line I guess as they are open roads.

Fingers crossed I think it's doable as well (sure I've ran the distance a few times now), I didn't feel like the full version this year as the run up Mount Brandon (I don't even do hill walking) followed by a 10K road run alone with a cycle up the Conor Pass before all that had my chickening out. The "Sport" should be okay I hope but I think the mountain running will kill me in ways.

• Advertisement

Wednesday 03-05-2017

Day 3 of the 30 day challenge completed.

Thursday 04-05-2017

40min easy, 4.3min @ 9:19min/mi.
    Up in Dublin for work and staying out in Clondalkin with my brother. Took in a little run around Corkagh Park in the evening after work. Tasty steak sandwich in the Laurels afterwards watching United.

Day 4 of the 30 day challenge completed.

Friday 05-05-2017

Day 5 of the 30 day challenge.

Saturday 06-05-2017

Early in the morning...
    Darkness into Light, 4th year in a row doing this and as usual I ran it with my wife. And our 4th different venue again, this year for us doing we were doing it in Roscrea. Came up on my watch as almost 3.3 miles (it took us 36mins to get it done) but no matter. Back home afterwards and back to bed. I will be back at this event next year and every year I physically can.

Later that day...
    Day 6 of the 30 day challenge completed.

40min easy, 4.5mi @ 8:53min/mi.

Total running miles for the week: 21.6miles

Sunday 07-05-2017

Day 7 of the 30 day challenge in the morning.

20min warm up, 30min half marathon pace, 10min cool down in the evening.
    Broke down as follows:
    2.18mi in 20min @ 9:12min/mi
    3.79mi in 30min @ 7:57min/mi
    1.07mi in 10min @ 9:23min/mi

Shade over 7 miles in 60mins.

Monday 08-05-2017

Day 8 of the 30 day challenge completed.
    Split squats are the tools of the devil himself.

Tuesday 09-05-2017

45min easy, 5mi @ 9:01min/mi. Lovely evening for a run after work. Picked a route with some climbing, meant a really fast finish back into the village.

Day 9 of the 30 day challenge completed.
    Quads really loving the split squats, using some breathing techniques that I learned in Pilates a few years ago seems to help endure them.

Wednesday 10-05-2017

Day 10 of the 30 day challenge completed before heading for juvenile's training with club.
    After that when I got back home I did an easy pace 30 min run, covered 3.2miles @ 9:19min/mi. Late enough run this just after 9pm but did it nice and handy. Traveling to Manchester in the morning so decided getting a little run in tonight meant I could leave the running gear at home for a change.

Thursday 11-05-2017

Day 11 of the 30 day challenge completed in the hotel room before the match, anxious few hours watching United later but they got the job done despite best efforts to f it up.

Friday 12-05-2017

Back home to Kerry for lunchtime, busy enough day then as wanted to catch up on a few bits and pieces at home. Did day 12 of the 30 day challenge in the evening time, with a race in the morning I only completed I set of the dreaded split squats and said I'd do them in a day or so....being a bit completest with the challenge this time around as I think I only got to day 11 last time and kept missing days so sticking to schedule this time.

Saturday 13-05-2017

First half marathon of the year for me today attending the Lakes of Killarney half marathon for the first time. It's been a popular event with clubmates for a few years so signed up for it last month sometime. I didn't have a plan of attack for the day and didn't expect to be beat my pb from last Charleville of 1:43:43. I bumped into my physio before the race (he finished second overall in the half marathon) and compared some notes on the route/race, he'd said it's a real race for effort and forget about the watch as the GPS can't hack the trees at all. I said I was planning to line up with the 1:45 pacers and go with that. Figuring they knew the route and keep me out of trouble. I expected I'd maybe tire a bit later on and drop off, told my wife I will finish 1:45-1:50 but not a clue to be sure.

0.6 mile for a warm-up with 3 of the ladies in my club who were also doing the half. Nice and handy and I got a brief recce of some of the route I had not seen before. Looked like forest running on compacted gravel for that section and undulating. I spotted the 10 mile sign for the half on the as well...I kinda smiled to myself wondering what nick I will be at that spot later.

Into the race so...
    As was plan I started with the 1:45 pacers as we looping around the park near Ross Castle and ups/downs. GPS hadn't a clue so just forgot about looking at it....I wasn't wearing a pace band but with a plan of 8min/mi and I can still do my 8 times tables I said I can just use the mile markers.
    After 3 miles I was still right beside the pacer and he was checking how fair or watches were out...I was at least 0.1 mile out. Went past 3 miles on 23:07 so well above pace. I stuck with the pacer then for another half a mile as we ran on the road for a small bit but back into the park then I said to myself I am feeling good here what I am a camping for so pushed on.
    Ran beside two runners I recognised for another 2 miles then as we were tipping around the park I moved ahead of them then as we got to what would be the last mile of the race next lap around....we ran through the finish area here which was a bit annoying in ways but I was motoring pretty well so just focused on the task at hand. There was a male and female runner about 20-30 seconds up the road from me but holding steady.

Really bad surface for some of the next mile as we looped around a golf course so had to move onto the grass for about 100 meters as it was that or run one decent sized rocks and wasn't willing to risk going over on my ankle on this one. Nasty nasty drag/climb in mile 5 then, I was struggling with it and thought have I fecked this up now going too fast...just shortened the stride and got through it....lost some time here but I was still well ahead of the pacers and going on the mile markers I had easily a minute in the back of sub 1:45. I was cursing the split squats I had been doing all week as wondering was that why I was struggling. Thought I was cooked but just said feck it keep going. Took my gel just after this around 6-6.5 miles.

More running through the park now, coming up to mile 7/8 I could hear a very heavily breathing runner coming up behind me pretty quick. I just held my effort as he came beside me. We ran this way for about half a mile before I pushing ahead of him and felt a second wind coming...he never came back at me. I started to think I am running well here, it's just I had felt a bit crappier earlier than I would have expected but I remember hitting 8 miles and thinking if I just managed my planned pace of 8 min/mi for the duration of the race and can pull a fast final mile out of the bag I will pb. Next checkpoint for me was to be the 10 mile marker....and I was expecting at this pace to beat my 10 mile pb.

Into the section around Ross Castle again so familiar ground from the first lap. Met some of the pacers for the faster paces on this loop and got a cheer of them which was nice, a mate as well who gave me a nice boost when he said to he said to me go on D, you have it. I was starting to feel confident now which was offsetting the general fecked feeling. I passed the male and female runner that had been 30 seconds ahead of me earlier in the race, the guy had stopped to walk for a second and the girl then I passed going up a little climb...I blasted past her to be honest. Next checkpoint for me was to be the 10 mile marker....and I was expecting at this pace to beat my 10 mile pb and that I did by 20 seconds. Passed that marker with 1:18:32 on my watch (previous best was 1:18:52 from Tralee Valentine's 10 mile 2016 & Ballycotton 10 mile 2017)....was very happy with that and hope to get a 10 mile race done under my best some time this year to do it proper.

So 5K to go and I had 25 minutes to get it done and I sure I could do it, I was feeling pretty tired and rightly soaked through at this stage but I just gave it my best...I didn't pass anyone over the last 5K and just went as fast as I could whilst not overcooking it. Very slight shout from my hamstring at one stage which indicated I was at enough effort and just hold it. There wasn't a sprint left in me, glad to see the 12 mile marker again (for real this time) and I knew I had it now but just keep it now. I got a small bit anxious when I checked my watch and could see the 1:42s clicking down and was hoping I hadn't slowed down....into the finishing area and around the last corner and across the line.....1:43:07....wohoo. A nice 36 seconds off my previous best and on a tougher course to be honest. Bodes well for the rest of the year.
    Comparing GPSs with other runners some people seem to have 13.1 and other 12.9...the organisers had sent out a note before the race to highlight this would happen and that the course had been measured and certified. So happy to take that as my best time but I plan to break it at least once or twice more this year (Run Killarney and Charleville).
    Stayed to see my clubmates who were doing the half finish and they all did very well too....everyone seemed to generally enjoy the route despite it being challenging and lashing rain at times.

1 mile cool down jogging back some of the route in reverse then wishing the full marathon runners the best. Managed to meet 2/3 clubmates doing the full enroute, M who did very well coming home third lady overall and first o50 lady. Head coach in the club did very well too, another sub 4 hr marathon in the bag for him and he fresh off a triathlon last weekend.

Enjoyable event and headed back to my car and had the coldest shower ever in the college that we had parking in. Sweet jebus I joked to the lads there I think I may go back in the rain to warm up after it...had to be done though as my legs were fairly covered with mud from the trails and that. My new Kinvara 7's have been properly broken in now and look as dirty as my first pair of them (I number all my shoes as I typically buy a few pairs/models/generation of the same shoes).

Next race for me will be the Dingle Adventure Race on the 10th of June so back to the bike and some trail/hill running next week all going well.

Total mileage for the week: 29.9 miles....I surely could have managed another 0.1 if I'd been keeping a running total but no matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Well done on PB D, nice run out ahead of Dingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Super result D! Especially when not expecting it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Another PB :eek: wow congrats well done :)

Well done on PB D, nice run out ahead of Dingle.
    Super result D! Especially when not expecting it :)
    Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Another PB :eek: wow congrats well done :)

Thank you kindly, it was a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well done on the PB, all the sweeter when you set out to take it handier than a PB effort. Shows what good shape you're are in!!

Younganne wrote: »
    Well done on the PB, all the sweeter when you set out to take it handier than a PB effort. Shows what good shape you're are in!!

Thanks A, I know I've got a bit quicker over all distances in the last 6 months so I guess it's in there alright at the moment even if I don't have a breeze on what times I can/should aim for.
    Signed up for Charleville HM last night so that should be a good marker for me on the distance and comes at a good time in DCM training. Would hope to be a few mins quicker by then with a bit of luck and a good few months between now and then...and a tow rope on the 1:40 pacer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Great work D. Seems as though you are getting these pb's in your sleep. Turn up, tune in and another result. Always enjoy the strava feeds where the work is done. Congrats to all in the household for their endeavors over recent weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Another few weeks, another PB from diego... nice going :)

Best of luck with the adventure race training, you're in good shape for it!

denis b wrote: »
    Great work D. Seems as though you are getting these pb's in your sleep. Turn up, tune in and another result. Always enjoy the strava feeds where the work is done. Congrats to all in the household for their endeavors over recent weeks.

Thanks Denis, haha I did laugh a bit to myself earlier in the race when I moved ahead of the 1:45 pacer that early thinking I could actually pb this now. Some of my club mates joke as well saying I seem to just get faster and faster. For 5Ks I don't seem to have much of an increase in pace (but I am way too much of Diesel engine even for those) but I think I can improve on half and full marathons for a bit yet.
    Ta very much, our little lady is getting into it all a bit more and enjoying it.

Singer wrote: »
    Another few weeks, another PB from diego... nice going :)

Best of luck with the adventure race training, you're in good shape for it!

Haha thanks B, no road racing plans for at least a month now I think. Okay with the cycling stuff to come (though the quick transistion from one to the other feels odd, guess the legs get used to it) but the kayaking and hill running has me concerned but will give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Hard to keep up with all the pbs going on in this log of late! You are on fire these days! Congratulations on yet another cracking performance!

Well done on another cracking race Diego, what's in the water down there? :)

So you'll be running and biking the trails down there for the next few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Well done Diego, more good progress!

Ososlo wrote: »
    Hard to keep up with all the pbs going on in this log of late! You are on fire these days! Congratulations on yet another cracking performance!

Thanks A, a good year so far...hopefully more to come!
    Well done on another cracking race Diego, what's in the water down there? :)

So you'll be running and biking the trails down there for the next few weeks?

It's the plan at least, to try to do at least one/two focused session for Dingle Adventure Race per week between now and then. I'll do a log update proper later maybe but did my first Brick session on Sunday past and it went well.
    Will do some easy miles this week but try get a trail in somewhere or at worst some good road hills.

Well done Diego, more good progress!

Thanks, tipping away....how are things going for you at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Quiet, thanks! Pushing four months out now, longest ever break, injury took a long time to improve. Doing some cycling to keep ticking over. Going to test things when I get back from holidays..will go from there!

Quiet, thanks! Pushing four months out now, longest ever break, injury took a long time to improve. Doing some cycling to keep ticking over. Going to test things when I get back from holidays..will go from there!

Fingers crossed you get back proper to it soon and all is well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Well done and congrats on the PB. Best of luck in Dingle.

Advertisement