Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evenings out of the house with a Baby in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

smash wrote: »
    Cool. OP should bring him to see Mad Max!
    Everyone should see Mad Max, babies included.

It should be on the Junior Certificate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 karlsoden

SteM wrote: »
    Let her get away from the baby for a few hours in the evenings. Tell her to hit the gym or meet friends for coffee while you look after the little mite. She won't want to but she'll be better for it. Apart from that you're really limited to what you can do until the baby is a bit older I'm afraid.

Cheers for the replies. Letting her get out on her own is a good suggestion so that she gets a decent break. I'll just have to wait until he gets a bit older.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

karlsoden wrote: »
    Apparently there is a baby and parent cinema on during the day in Smithfield. I imagine it is carnage.

Sounds about as much fun as getting a poke in the eye from a knitting needle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 karlsoden

Please, don't.

Your baby doesn't care about Picasso or Jack B Yeats or liquorice bogmen, but people who go to galleries do. Galleries, with their big bare spaces and tiled floors, amplify the oppressive cries of babies.

Many people go there to avoid babies altogether. Even parents.

Yeah, being a new parent I still remember how annoying it was when a baby cried in a place where it is deathly silent.

I could always say it was a live performance installation and ask the patrons to question the futility of bringing a baby to a museum. They might end up pondering this for long enough that they forget about the annoying noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Inconspicuous

Could a relative or friend not guard this baby for a few hours

Great Idea!

This is how I have my kids guarded:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Have you ever tried swinging?

Most playgrounds are open till 9pm during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

The most bonding thing you can do with your 13 week in the evening is simply being with him. Strap on the sling, or push the pram and head out for a walk. Put down a playmat and sit in the back garden. Genuinely just lots of cuddles while you watch a box set (ah the ignorance of 13 week olds - they can't pick up swear words yet!)

When baby is old enough look at bringing him to the swimming pool. Anything involving contact is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

sweetie wrote: »
    Have you ever tried swinging?

Swingers

Advertisement