Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2015 thread **Please use spoiler tags before midnight**

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Alberto Contador
    https://twitter.com/olegtinkov/status/626629444954923008

https://twitter.com/olegtinkov/status/626527347274051584

I really don't like whipping up drama or ****-stirring, but Oleg Tinkov has been tweeting some real poison for the last two days. He should not be confused for some kind of lovable rogue, he's a bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Alberto Contador
    I just voted for Chris froome in the poll

What do I win? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Alberto Contador
    David-Brailsford-001.jpg

Drbunsen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Alberto Contador
    Sinister Sam
    356857.jpg

Sean Eadie (ok, he is not TDF)
    SinisterSam.jpg

• Advertisement

Alberto Contador
    1167.jpg

Sam-the-Eagle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

I really don't like whipping up drama or ****-stirring, but Oleg Tinkov has been tweeting some real poison for the last two days. He should not be confused for some kind of lovable rogue, he's a bollocks.

I saw bits and pieces of his conversation with vockler at the start and some his comments about money etc were true but hes going way to personal now. There was an interview during tdf with him where he he said prudahome wouldnt shake his hand, prudahome was asked after if he refused to shake hands and his reply was you need 2 people to shake hands and he hadnt seen tinkov that particular day. Hes getting more and more unlikable every race

bazermc wrote: »
    I just voted for Chris froome in the poll

What do I win? :)

A stone in a mcdonalds bag

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

He didn't start either of those rows

Alberto Contador
    He didn't start either of those rows

That really doesn't matter to me at all, the racism is inexcusable and the personal abuse is bad enough.

• Advertisement

Alberto Contador
    Last one

_66573511_66572722.jpg

bert_and_ernie.jpg

Last one

_66573511_66572722.jpg

bert_and_ernie.jpg

None of them are muppets (debateable) but 2 are from sky and bert and ernie are from sesame street

Though id say Froome could be big bird

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

That really doesn't matter to me at all, the racism is inexcusable and the personal abuse is bad enough.

Well Putin was called a woman in one and maybe he was just angry in the other. By the way the account is still unofficial so may not be him.

And on here posts are being thanked that call people Muppets!!!

Alberto Contador
    Well Putin was called a woman in one and maybe he was just angry in the other. By the way the account is still unofficial so may not be him.

Putin was not called a woman, Vaughters pointed out that Putin looks a bit like the Mona Lisa. Pointing out that someone has a similar face to a woman is not on the same planet as calling a black person a monkey. Anger does not permit a default to racism.

And I was not calling anyone a muppet (or sesame street puppet). I have nothing but respect for Brailsford, Indurain, Porte and Froome. It was a harmless joke that I would not in the least mind being the butt of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Alberto Contador
    Putin was not called a woman, Vaughters pointed out that Putin looks a bit like the Mona Lisa. Pointing out that someone has a similar face to a woman is not on the same planet as calling a black person a monkey. Anger does not permit a default to racism.

And I was not calling anyone a muppet (or sesame street puppet). I have nothing but respect for Brailsford, Indurain, Porte and Froome. It was a harmless joke that I would not in the least mind being the butt of myself.

OK, put up a photo of yourself, we'll take it from there.

Alberto Contador
    Eamonnator wrote: »
    OK, put up a photo of yourself, we'll take it from there.

Sorry but I will be preserving my anonymity, as is my right. I would say I most closely resemble Count von Count. Captain Havoc and Detones (and anyone else who has seen me) can counter this if they wish.

Alberto Contador
    neris wrote: »
    None of them are muppets (debateable) but 2 are from sky and bert and ernie are from sesame street

Though id say Froome could be big bird

Bert and Ernie are also Muppets.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_and_Ernie

Alberto Contador

I actually can't believe you are defending Tinkov.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

People who resemble muppets, not are muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

This thread reminds me of this:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement