Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

Pretty sure I seen on one of the emails, interviews were to take place between the 8th and 24th of feb

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JTabuena

You're actually right! I read the full email just now. That's my bad. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wowthatscrazy

interesting style with the verbal

Was like this

Q1 Article A

Q2 article B

Q3 article C

start again

so you didn’t get 2/3 consecutive Qs fir the same article which was new

mechanical was grand

numbers too

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ffwannabe

Has anyone heard anything back after submitting the application form yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gitzyg

Just received an invite to interview, so keep an eye on your emails folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Iceomatrix

Yep just got my invitation too

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JTabuena

Just out of curiosity is there a standard attire when attending interviews? If no, what's the most appropriate attire? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Was it just the date given for interview or was there information about the interview as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

For anyone still waiting, you will be notified over the next couple of days. They are notifying candidates in batches!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

Wear a suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

Some wear a shirt other in their work gear, Snickers etc if coming from a site to do the interview, good advantage being a tradesman. Get a good few wearing FDNY t-shirts, always looks the part in front of the officers on the interview panel, demonstrates team work.

Footie kit it is so l, with a captains arm band to display leadership qualities 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gitzyg

Great shout 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PacePower89

Bell end, help out or don’t bother your bollox SAXA999

Your gonna fit right into the fire brigade around the station. Congratulations, pass GO and collect your helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PacePower89

Weer gonna fit right in the brigade banter the lads. You’re a numpty mate. Forget the job, people here trying to get some tips and you think it’s hilarious to tell them wrong information. Gas craic you are.

Why wrong information??

Don't be taken it out on me cause you got rejected last time around princess. And if your depending on a thread on boards to get tips for getting the joke best of luck!!!!! ;-)

Also, just Incase you need reminding, it's a competition, any tips you put up on here could be the point you miss out by this time around as well. Numpty :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Out of +5000 messages on here you boys managed to start the first fight, congrats.

Anyway, I'm assuming the borat bikini isnt appropriate attire for interview?

Boys....that's very presumptuous of you :-)

Why not wear it, all about equality.

How are they sorting the batches does anyone know? Is it in order of when the application form was submitted.

• Advertisement

That’s what I’m assuming

Thats how it was done previously! so if you submitted your application last weekend it could be the end of this coming week before you hear anything. Most people who submitted forms will be interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 noahm29

My numerical wasnt on the same planet as my first exam i verified in both verbal and mechanical but my numerical was far harder and complete different layout completely screwed scored high initially at home so i was gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 4 noahm29

Im the exact same i done all my prep hours with career services thats how i scored so high at home then supervised the exam TOTALLY different and layout and difficulty nothing i could have done

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Iceomatrix

Has everyone that sent in an application form been given an interview date at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

I haven't received a date yet. My application only went in 2 days before the deadline so hopefully it's a case of them sending them in batches

Not everyone has been notified yet, I spoke with HR and they advised that they are organizing interviews at present and will notify candidates soon. I was advised to keep an eye on emails and that everyone would be notified soon. Bear in mind that there was a second round of verification testing last weekend and they extended the application form to more people. Your application status should be in process if you check the DCC careers site.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Excellent thanks, just checked there and it's in process. Did they give any indication of how many they're bringing forward to interview?

I didn't ask to be honest, but they would normally interview multiple candidates for each position.

• Advertisement

Deleted

Advertisement