Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dant1986

So they're not even up to 78 now in second class . If they took the maximum of 48 whis is unlikely, in next class that would bring panel up to 126. So if there's no fourth class then anyone after 126 may forget about it .

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

I then said to him, listen dinny,ye prick with ears, the lads on the website Are getting their knickers in a twist over it, and if ya don't run a fourth class I'm going to wreck your new kona jeep, so he's said go on then. I'll run a fourth class, just stay away from me new jammer.

So your in luck, there'll be a fourth class.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

Dant1986 wrote: »
    So they're not even up to 78 now in second class . If they took the maximum of 48 whis is unlikely, in next class that would bring panel up to 126. So if there's no fourth class then anyone after 126 may forget about it .

Chill bro you’re going to be called honestly, just be patient and the call will come I’m telling you!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

kingstevii wrote: »
    I then said to him, listen dinny,ye prick with ears, the lads on the website Are getting their knickers in a twist over it, and if ya don't run a fourth class I'm going to wreck your new kona jeep, so he's said go on then. I'll run a fourth class, just stay away from me new jammer.

LMFAO!!!

kingstevii wrote: »

Well tell him I want a fifth class just to make sure 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 DevonKE13

Dant1986 wrote: »

Haha, I'm number 126 so I got a bit of a giggle out of this comment! All we can do is hope and wait bud. I won't hold my breath but I will absolutely hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

New recruits will have Christmas off . You’re doing 13 weeks firefighter training then 13 weeks paramedics training. Then you’ll do 3 more weeks basic/pass out preparation which will get you to Christmas. Few days off and straight into pass out week in January. Be on shift 2nd week in January. Start learning medications now 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

I know it’s early, but given the 2nd class starting their training end of June, when could we expect the 3rd class to be called (fingers crossed they call one)
    Thanks

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    I know it’s early, but given the 2nd class starting their training end of June, when could we expect the 3rd class to be called (fingers crossed they call one)
    Thanks

3rd class probably won’t start until summer 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    Thanks

3rd class possibly starting Feb/March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnnyD1645

Well just thought I'd jump on and let you know we've just finished the first day of recruit class 1 2021, great to finally get going and meet my classmates, I'm in a really good syndicate, the lads all seem bang on. Great to be able to work out our badge numbers aswell, sure that's all ya have in the job

Well just thought I'd jump on and let you know we've just finished the first day of recruit class 1 2021, great to finally get going and meet my classmates, I'm in a really good syndicate, the lads all seem bang on. Great to be able to work out our badge numbers aswell, sure that's all ya have in the job

Enjoy it ! Keep the head down

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mr cowen

stay off places like here, dont discuss anything:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Log off here for a while and enjoy the process.

Best of luck to everyone be a tough few months but very rewarding..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnnyD1645

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Log off here for a while and enjoy the process.

Best of luck to everyone be a tough few months but very rewarding..

Thanks Graham, I think it'd be a good idea stay on here and update the people on the training we're doing, it's absolutely the dream job, I'm just so happy to be a part of it all now. Roll on the silver axe 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Thanks Graham, I think it'd be a good idea stay on here and update the people on the training we're doing, it's absolutely the dream job, I'm just so happy to be a part of it all now. Roll on the silver axe 👍👍

Whether you think it's a good idea is irrellevant. The recruit Course Director will kick your arse up and down the drill yard if he finds out that your posting stuff online when you should be concentrating on training and nothing else.

You've been given good advice by previous posters. Listen to them

One recruit left the course

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Edgod83

Anyone worried about missing out on this panel (including myself), grab a copy of the southside people, front page is about the recruitment crisis in DFB, DCC getting lashed for their what seems to be failure to DFB, have a read it might ease your worry a little.

Any chance of a second class towards the second half of 2022 with a class starting in Feb? Hope everyone is doing well folks!

• Advertisement

Yes, there's a good chance. Certainly being discussed running 2 classes back to back. The job is hemorrhaging bodies at the moment, retirements running about 2-3 a week plus a small number of firefighters have jumped ship to different organisations..

Thanks for the response! That's great to hear (From perspective recruits point of view at least). There may be hope yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dean111

Does anyone on here know what the wage is currently for a recruit in their first 6 months of training? I’ve heard varying things just trying to nail this down as I could be starting in Feb thanks!!!

Post edited by Dean111 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gibsteau

Have you heard anything about a start date? What number are you?

7th Feb I heard was the start date for the next class.

I seen a post on here before that it's up to 78 on the panel at the moment, and I've heard that there are going to be 45 in Feb's class. Again, not sure what truth is in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

For anyone thats been through this, what is the time commitment like? Would you have much prep or study work to do in evenings after the training day? And weekends study and prep? I imagine there's a lot to take in over a short time period

Well lads has anybody heard any thing? I rang DCC last week and she said people will be getting a call in the next 4 weeks but she wouldn't tell me how many they're taking g or anything

You’ll be on about €350 a week. No allowances .

That all depends on yourself, you could do no study and probably get through it . But most lads do a bit of study midweek & chill out the weekend. The paramedics is heavier , study wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dean111

Perfect thanks!!

Post edited by Dean111 on

Advertisement