Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Controller

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Looks quite small and compact, not in a good way. Trackpad is very interesting, I'd give one a go in my Dualshock 3 died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

I just bought one, mainly because i want to develope a game with it. looks like a nice piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Will this be turning into the standard for PC controllers then? Wouldn't mind that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

That price is a fair bit of a turn-off for me. I'll stick with the wired X360 controller for a while longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I may wait and see reviews. But I see they're keeping with the 360 controller buttons ABXY, start, select and colours) so devs won't be changing to match it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Like others gonna stick with 360 controller for the time being, very interested in the steam link though will wait for reviews of it before picking it up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The steam link is up for pre order as well, I ordered both from steam but got stung for €26.98 in deliver charges for the 2, looks like game stop will have it early as well so will cancel and go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'll pick up the link and controller. Will be very handy for the big TV downstairs!!

Anyone know if the steam controller connects to the steam link and not the PC, it say the range of the controller is 5 meters from pc. That's a problem if it connects via the pc and not directly to the link.

Anyone know if the steam controller connects to the steam link and not the PC, it say the range of the controller is 5 meters from pc. That's a problem if it connects via the pc and not directly to the link.

I would really hope it can do both, otherwise it's not particularly useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

Just read up on the steam link thing as well, looks very interesting. I wonder how well everything would knit together...would there be any lag etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Will there be customs on these, where are they shipping from?

Will there be customs on these, where are they shipping from?

They're the same price in GameStop as on the Steam store though, so it doesn't really make sense to order (unless you have loads of steam funds, I suppose)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

when is it releasing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

when is it releasing?

Says the 16 th of october.

Says the 16 th of october.

I just dunno what to make of it Im getting it hard enough to transition to keyboard and mouse without throwing this into the mix lol

It's €5 to pre order on GameStop either, or €10 for the both. Pick up in store the 16th. Not on normal release until November.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

A.Gorilla wrote: »

Meh from the verge, I'll be waiting for mainstream games press verdicts, specifically rps

It's €5 to pre order on GameStop either, or €10 for the both. Pick up in store the 16th. Not on normal release until November.

10 euro for both??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I pre-ordered off gamestop this morning.

€5 per device to pre-order, with the remaining balanced to be paid in store.

I pre-ordered off gamestop this morning.

€5 per device to pre-order, with the remaining balanced to be paid in store.

WHATS THE REMAINING BALANCE? sorry about caps too lazy to retype lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

TheChrisD wrote:
    That price is a fair bit of a turn-off for me. I'll stick with the wired X360 controller for a while longer.
    Did you have to do something to that for it to work with your pc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

WHATS THE REMAINING BALANCE? sorry about caps too lazy to retype lol

€49.99.
    Chloris wrote: »

Just plug it in and it works (Windows might download some drivers). Not sure about the wireless version though.

Ordered the Steam controller too, will be interesting to see how it plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Chloris wrote: »

Nah, just plug the USB cable into the PC and it should work immediately. Windows Update might have to download a driver first, but that's it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Looks cool how fast they typed with it!

I wasn't goping to pick them up on steam because it only appeared that i could order one at a time so i'd have to pay 13.30 shipping twice for two controllers.
    Gamestop looks good, steam has the advantage that i could sell in game items and pay for a controller but meh after the shipping.

steam are kinda shooting themselves in foot with the shipping charges i for one wont pay that gamestop it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

steam are kinda shooting themselves in foot with the shipping charges i for one wont pay that gamestop it is so

That's only because it's international, the US aren't paying that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, I got two on there now whereas I had resigned to not get them. :)
    I doubt steam mind that we got them from there, it's mostly going to them anyway heh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm gonna wait for feedback from you guinea pigsguys, happy enough to keep on trucking with the keyboard and occasional x1 controller

Advertisement