Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is he a weirdo?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think you are the weirdo that you know so much about his life/hobbies/holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Rubyfoo wrote: »
    This guy has been on a few dates with my sister. Apart from a chaste peck on the lips, he has made no attempt at further physical contact.

Which lips though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Anyone else click into this thread to see if the OP was on about them?

No? Just me then... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

I know a man in his early forties who still lives at home with his mother and father. He has recently built a big shed at the back of their house for his hobby which is pigeon racing. So it looks like he's not thinking of moving soon. Every August him and 2 or 3 other lads go to Thailand for six weeks. None of them have girlfriends here. Am I weird to think he is weird?

Move out so your ma and da can use your room for their bondage sex tape sessions!

And pigeons, really? People still do that? :confused:

Nothing is weird in this life. But some things are stupid... very very stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Anyone else click into this thread to see if the OP was on about them?

No? Just me then... :(

You weren't the only one, don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,029 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

El Weirdo wrote: »
    You weren't the only one, don't worry.

Right, so. El Weirdo name origin explained. We can draw a line under that one, Lou.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This guy has been on a few dates with my sister. Apart from a chaste peck on the lips, he has made no attempt at further physical contact.

You want to know if you neighbour is weird, but you are keeping tabs on your sister's sexual activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

See that with the binoculars did you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

There used to be a guy behind us and every neighbour round here had seen him expose his knob to them. Count yourself lucky! I used to call him Mr Masturbator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭cml387

Never mind the trips to Thailand. What's all this about pigeon racing?
    How is it that the jockey doesn't fall off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I know a man in his early forties who still lives at home with his mother and father. He has recently built a big shed at the back of their house for his hobby which is pigeon racing. So it looks like he's not thinking of moving soon. Every August him and 2 or 3 other lads go to Thailand for six weeks. None of them have girlfriends here. Am I weird to think he is weird?
    He's not weird, it's everyone else that is ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Isn't curtain twitcher a euphamism for a lesbian?

You learn something new everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

My dad's girlfriend of 2 years, who is 50, still lives with her parents and has never moved out. I think it was that it was handy/cheap for so long when she was single, and now at this point her parents are elderly so she feels she might as well stay til they pass. It's unusual but not really weird (to me).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,029 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

rawn wrote: »
    My dad's girlfriend of 2 years, who is 50, still lives with her parents and has never moved out. I think it was that it was handy/cheap for so long when she was single, and now at this point her parents are elderly so she feels she might as well stay til they pass. It's unusual but not really weird (to me).

In fairness, every child of 2 I know still lives with their parents. Mind you, they're all still single as well.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Isn't curtain twitcher a euphamism for a lesbian?

If it's not, it certainly should be!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

OP, you are the weirdo for judging someone to be 'weird' because they do not conform to your norms. If a person is happy and they are hurting no one, then they are blessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Total weirdo. He's rearing pigeons so he can see their genitals when they're in the air. That's what people do when there are pigeons around.

I hear he "fancies" the pigeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

rawn wrote: »

I actually know of someone around that age, still lives with mammy (who's older than god) - she got married a couple of years ago, didn't tell mammy and still lives there, her husband has his own house a few miles away!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Maybe like me ,he finds Irish girls generally unattractive ,and totally unsexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

AH has really come full circle with the PC comments nowadays.

Yes, its weird. I know nobody in their early 20's who hope to be still living with their parents at 40, breeding pigeons in a shed out the back.

Fair enough, no harm in him. He's happy. Leave him alone and all that, but it is undoubtedly a strange situation and one that would instantly make you wonder what might be wrong with the person in question, or what happened to have them in that situation.

I wouldn't be fretting about it much, but I certainly wouldn't be looking to replicate or advocate his situation.

• Advertisement

Just looking after pigeons i find weird .They are vermin in my mind .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

most of the girls here of that age, are either married or have emigrated.. so I'd imagine its kind of hard op. You appear to be keeping an eye on this guy..

most of the girls here of that age, are either married or have emigrated.. so I'd imagine its kind of hard op. You appear to be keeping an eye on this guy..[/QUOTE

Most men of his age would be looking for a Girl late 20s or early 30s .(i know i would) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Lord PuppyMcSnuggle of Cuddleshire

He should be paying 12 grand a year to live alone in a small, sad apartment with no garden, like a real man.

Are you a landlord OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

OP, where's the thread poll? You don't have the guts to do that much!

Advertisement