Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarms going off all day, wrecking my head

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

1. Write polite note about alarm constantly going off
    2. Tie to brick
    3. Throw brick through window
    4. Problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

stimpson wrote: »
    1. Write polite note about alarm constantly going off
    2. Tie to brick
    3. Throw brick through window
    4. Problem solved

Who do I write to? :D

So I can attach brick...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Who do I write to? :D

So I can attach brick...

Dear Dickhead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

I work from home. Have done for three years. Every day alarms go off around here, and dogs left to bark.

Where do I sign up to ban both from housing estates. Friend of mine was over from the uk and he also works remote. Says ud rarely hear alarms go off like that. He was amazed. It just wouldnt be tolerated. The cops or council would get it sorted. Try get official help here...

They start going off here as soon as people start going to work.

Utterly useless things, all they do is advertise a house is empty.

This.

House alarms and dogs barking all night long nearly gave me a nervous breakdown until I moved to an apartment complex with security guards on call who will quite happily kick down your door for making too much noise.

Dogs should be banned from all residential housing estates, I don't give a flying fúck what animal lovers say. The amount of noise and shít they produce is just not fair to everyone else.

From personal experience, things I don't recommend doing include:
    - Attacking the offending alarm with a hammer. Makes the volume of the alarm noise get louder for about 30 minutes.
    - Ringing your local Garda station and telling them 'Not to worry, you go ahead and have another donut' after they tell you there's nothing they can do.

OP, move or get earplugs. It's the only way out. Leave with your sanity.

Advertisement