Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarms going off all day, wrecking my head

Options
  • 02-06-2015 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭

Serious, this is.

I am supposed to be enjoying a little break at home this week. Since Saturday, every feckin day at about 3pm, the alarms start. Then stop, then start.

It is now 5pm, and they are still going off.

I am getting seriously annoyed now. No way of knowing where they are.

Anybody any ideas as to what I can do? This is genuine. It is really really doing my head in now. Neighbours were away at the weekend, and at work now so don't know what I am talking about.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

9am yesterday morn and one of the hotels/offices round the corner decides to have a fire drill or test out their fire alarm, woke me up, no BH lie in for me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Rifle and blow that box off the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Burn their house down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Rifle and blow that box off the wall.

If I knew where the box was, I would ask the owner to blow his own box off the wall.

It's so bad, that even when they stop, I can still hear them IYSWIM.

Head wrecking stuff. Even the ear buds don't help, the alarm sound leaks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

You don't know where its coming from ?yet mention a certain neighbor ?Are you thinking straight ? Anyway it your problem lol

• Advertisement

anto9 wrote: »
    You don't know where its coming from ?yet mention a certain neighbor ?Are you thinking straight ? Anyway it your problem lol

No I don't know where it's coming from.

I said the neighbours don't hear it, because they were away for the BH and at work now. It is not coming from anywhere on the little cul de sac here.

It is a bit further away, so I have no way of knowing where it's coming from.

It's a high pitched sound, and all the dogs on the road are barking as well, as if I needed any more noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

Step breaking into their houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

If I were a burglar, I would specifically target homes with alarms, as it appears that no one takes the slightest bit of notice of the things anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Use the Doppler Effect to source the alarm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I only notice them when the noise stops. I guess I'm used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

Depraved wrote: »
    Step breaking into their houses.

That thought also crossed my mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Serious, this is.

I am supposed to be enjoying a little break at home this week. Since Saturday, every feckin day at about 3pm, the alarms start. Then stop, then start.

Anybody any ideas as to what I can do? This is genuine. It is really really doing my head in now. Neighbours were away at the weekend, and at work now so don't know what I am talking about.

Thanks.

bark

bark bark bark

bark bark bark bark bark bark

bark

bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark

bark

bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark

bark

bark bark bark

bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark

Thanks for your help there Shep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

When I use to live in an apartment I had a neighbour who went away for two weeks. There alarm started going off the second day. After three days, nobody had come to turn it off. I was going insane with sleep deprivation. I got into the maintenance room downstairs and flipped the switch on their circuit board. The relief as the sound ended was amazing. 10 days later I heard them shouting at each other in the hall about everything in their freezer melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Childminder was sick today so I had to take the day off work to mind the little ones. I popped my head outside to hear the calming sounds of house alarms on several occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

What's the point in house/car alarms? Nobody actually hears one and thinks "Fuk that's being broke into!" more often they (correctly) label the owners selfish pricks for not dealing with it immediately/for a weekend/week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

House alarms and dogs should be banned from housing estates.

The alarms have stopped now, but I'm still hearing them in my head.

I feel like Pavlov's dog, just afraid to enjoy the silence in case they start up again any minute.

I am having a really bad day here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

It's probably Denis O Brien, he always seems to be up to no good.

• Advertisement

The alarms have stopped now, but I'm still hearing them in my head.

I feel like Pavlov's dog, just afraid to enjoy the silence in case they start up again any minute.

I am having a really bad day here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Serious, this is.

Thanks.
    Call the guards or the company they can turn it off and check the place.

And they are off again.

WTF?

Obviously no one lives next door. Or more likely they are out somewhere.

I would like to murder the owners of the alarms. Sorry.

Call the guards or the company they can turn it off and check the place.

If I knew who owned the effin alarm I would be around there myself. It's in the near distance, high pitched, so no way of knowing. Wish I did know.

That is the major part of the problem, I cannot identify who the useless person is that allows this to pollute everyone around them.

Need to calm down.

That's not a problem. Kids like ice cream, the van is gone in a few minutes.

But the alarms.... WAAH WAAH, and so on for ages.

No ice cream at the end of it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i Thought alarms were supposed to switch off after 20-30 minutes ,
    whats the point of an alarm that go,s off for hours .
    Some alarms may go off if a bird hits the window pane.

That's not a problem. Kids like ice cream, the van is gone in a few minutes.

But the alarms.... WAAH WAAH, and so on for ages.

No ice cream at the end of it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Get your dog to translate for you it's actually sound advice according to my Dachshund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I work from home. Have done for three years. Every day alarms go off around here, and dogs left to bark.

Where do I sign up to ban both from housing estates. Friend of mine was over from the uk and he also works remote. Says ud rarely hear alarms go off like that. He was amazed. It just wouldnt be tolerated. The cops or council would get it sorted. Try get official help here...

They start going off here as soon as people start going to work.

Utterly useless things, all they do is advertise a house is empty.

• Advertisement

Must check with my council about this.

But I guess they will deny all responsibility.

I thought there was some law being introduced about this. But I think that was the Greens, God Bless Them, but they are gone now. I would vote for them if they made alarms unattended by the owner an offence. Really would.

Advertisement