Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA P6

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭backtothebooks

ACCA1916 wrote: »
    Passed P6 78%, with Mel kilkenny, delighted with mark, Julie and Mel are both excellent, great choice for p6 students, Plus with Mel you don't have to put up with a tyrant!

Would that 'tyrant' be tax compliant or a tax cheat?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ACCA1916

I don't care as long as i am treated with respect, I was speaking to some of Julie students before and after exam that i was in dbs with and it was them that provided the tyrannical comment to me. Respect for students comes before what lectures do or don't do in their personal lives. Thats just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

Serious gloating follows: Passed first time 78% .. Thank you Julie Hawkins. ACCA affiliate 😬😬 well done everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

I passed as well! Now also an affiliate. Congrats everyone! Anybody know what happens from here?!

For the record, I have praised both lectures on here who both I had.

• Advertisement

I don't care as long as i am treated with respect, I was speaking to some of Julie students before and after exam that i was in dbs with and it was them that provided the tyrannical comment to me. Respect for students comes before what lectures do or don't do in their personal lives. Thats just my opinion.

But it's not your opinion, is it? It's the opinion of students that you met before and after the exam (or so you say) and you're relaying it here, anonymously, on a public forum. Very professional indeed.

For the record, I have praised both lectures on here who both I had.

You implied, for others to infer, that Julie Hawkins is a tyrant! That's just disgraceful.

I had her for f6 and she is! Thats her style, she is aggressive, it works for her, she is a superb lecturer, but she has a tyrannical style which is an opinion that is not mine alone. As I said we are all entitled to our opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

Guys lets all just be happy we are done. Like I said for those they didn't get it don't worry you will get it next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Passed P6 78%, with Mel kilkenny, delighted with mark, Julie and Mel are both excellent, great choice for p6 students, Plus with Mel you don't have to put up with a tyrant!

I also passed with 52% and was in mel's class. I sent in my mock and never got it back and also he never replied to my emails. I know he had personal problems but I wonder did he ignore all students. College did not help much when I repoted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Is he still lecturing in this paper or has he now stepped down as a result of the controversy?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Is he still lecturing in this paper or has he now stepped down as a result of the controversy?

Judging by their website he is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any of these lectures for taxation, Seamus Kelly Griffith College Limerick or Jim Bradley Griffith College Cork. I am just wonderful what they are like as lecturer for Tax? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭MayoRoadRunner

Hi all, looking to sit P6 in June. Anyone have any experience of Edel Walsh in Griffith? Will be studying through the e-learning option with recorded lectures but wanted to check to see if anyone had any direct experience of this lecturer before I hand over the $'s. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Hi all, looking to sit P6 in June. Anyone have any experience of Edel Walsh in Griffith? Will be studying through the e-learning option with recorded lectures but wanted to check to see if anyone had any direct experience of this lecturer before I hand over the $'s. Thanks in advance

Can't comment on P6 since I won't be sitting it until (hopefully) this December.
    I Had Edel for F6 however and found her to be quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭MayoRoadRunner

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Can't comment on P6 since I won't be sitting it until (hopefully) this December.
    I Had Edel for F6 however and found her to be quite good.

Thanks ZT, do you mind me asking whether you will go back to Griffith for P6 for the Dec sitting?

Advertisement