Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you buy your groceries?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Different stuff in different shops!

SuperValu, M&S, Tesco, Dunnes, Dealz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kwiecien

Lidl, Aldi, few bits in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Dunnes, mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

why tesco for baby food?

Only go to tesco as Aldi only sell the SMA babyfood

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Aineoil wrote: »
    It just shows you how different the Supervalus are. I think they are a Musgrave

franchise? Our Supervalu is run by a local family and they are brilliant. I find the

prices competitive enough. If I had to go to my local Dunnes ( 16 miles away) it

would cost on petrol.

I enjoy the chat with the people at the check out.

Aldi and Lidl have at times very long queues to get your groceries checked out.

I don't like shopping in Dunnes, tbh. Their fruit and veg selection isn't great and the prices aren't competitive I find.

Where I live, Supervalu, Aldi and Lidl are right next to each other, but if I do need something specific that Aldi and Lidl don't stock, I prefer driving to the next town to go to Tescos.

I don't exactly enjoy spending time hanging around in supermarkets, I want to be in and out as quick as possible. I don't chat with strangers at the checkout, and I have to admit that I get slightly annoyed by people who do.

Aldi and Lidl do have long queues, but the checkouts move so much quicker that I still spend less time queuing up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I find Edeka really expensive for most things. Kaufland ftw.

Look at you posh people - Norma or Plus is where I used to shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Supervalu as I love the salad baps. Marks and Sparks for some other stuff. M&S have great deals if you look..

Was in Lidl and Aldi in Rathmines a while back when they had the plants/roses on sale. Disgusting places. There was more dirt in the bottom of the baskets than in my back garden and both shops were, well, all over the shop! How anyone could go in there and expect to find anything I don't know. Soulless places where everyone is pushing and shoving (the one staff member cum manager included).

I had the joys of Aldi as a kid in Scotland and will never buy food from them.. The stuff may be made in the same factory but there is a reason why its cheap..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Shenshen wrote: »
    Look at you posh people - Norma or Plus is where I used to shop!

Tbf, Kaufland has the best range of gatt, cheapest Club Mate too, and really I did most of my shopping either in Aldi (right down the road, cheap as fook but very depressing), Netto, or a Turkish grocers (great fruit and veg, dirt cheap).

Advertisement