Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actors/actress whose face you know more than their name.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the 70s would have done for questionable figures who seem to be well disposed to the lead actor without this guy is hard to know

th?id=JN.3auZGclbGeH%2f0jXSSIw6Pw&pid=1.1

John Vernon will always try to stab you in the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Desperate low level scumbag who will always let his boss down and be generally snivelling when confronted or slightly nervous friendly type.

Matt Clark

500px-Matt_Clark.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

anvilfour wrote: »
    Peter-Cook-006.jpg

Peter Cook, who went from stand up comedy fame to cameo in Supergirl and The Princess Bride!

Seriously? He was very, very famous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭anvilfour

Birneybau wrote: »
    Seriously? He was very, very famous.

"was" being the operative word sadly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Dublin born actor Derrick O'Connor was the main South African heavy in Lethal Weapon 2. He has been in a few other things as well, such as Hope & Glory and End of Days.

13013-11055.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

anvilfour wrote: »
    "was" being the operative word sadly! :)

well he is dead 20 years in fairness to the man..but he was very well known back then

well he is dead 20 years in fairness to the man..but he was very well known back then

I suppose they were all well known within their own circles at one point... I gather that's the point of the thread! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Wolf Kahler - Basically played the same nasty German soldier in countless movies, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Dirty Dozen (sequels), Sea Wolves, Force Ten from Navarone etc.

Wolf_Kahler_article.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Someone who I thought might fit into this list...

Luis Guzman

He has been in about 50 movies including Scarface and Carlitos Way!

unknown_actors_11.jpg

• Advertisement

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Someone who I thought might fit into this list...

Luis Guzman

He has been in about 50 movies including Scarface and Carlitos Way!

unknown_actors_11.jpg

Huzzah! Thanks for mentioning Luis!

One of my all time favourite scenes from the film Yes Man:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGjxPXekFEs

• Registered Users Posts: 72,251 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Chris+Owen+American+Reunion+Premiere+caeEWAYjAygl.jpg

THE SHERMANATOR!

(Or Chris Owen, to give him his real name)! :D

Dublin born actor Derrick O'Connor was the main South African heavy in Lethal Weapon 2. He has been in a few other things as well, such as Hope & Glory and End of Days.

13013-11055.jpg

See him these days according to IMDB:

MV5BMzM4MDcwNzk5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDM3MzAzMQ@@._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

182-5002.gif

edit - its Al Leong

The guy who tortures Mel in Lethal Weapon.

Pat Roche,of TVs Auf Wiederson Pet and who played the bald nazi who fights Indy in front of the moving plane in Raiders.He actually plays two different characters and is killed twice in it,hes in the tavern brawl at the start too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt59drXia7nG6L_4KHgI29RPymnSpzy6c2K_mvXTIsZtTt5OkvmGUh0TDK

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

Liam O wrote: »
    This guy is the biggest of all them.

william-fichtner-wallpaper(1).jpg

William Fichtner

He always reminded me of Barry Manilow

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

A bad Ass Master Sargent you don't want to mess with: (Al Matthews)

latest?cb=20141103055227

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Vincent+Pastore+Dolce+Group+51+Minds+VH1+New+0ERlXhjub99l.jpg

A Mafia movie isnt complete without him.

Vincent Pastore

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

darkdubh wrote: »
    Pat Roche,of TVs Auf Wiederson Pet and who played the bald nazi who fights Indy in front of the moving plane in Raiders.He actually plays two different characters and is killed twice in it,hes in the tavern brawl at the start too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt59drXia7nG6L_4KHgI29RPymnSpzy6c2K_mvXTIsZtTt5OkvmGUh0TDK

I've seen that film i dont know how many times and i never knew that was Pat Roache. he looks totally different without hair

I've seen that film i dont know how many times and i never knew that was Pat Roache. he looks totally different without hair

Hes another anonyomous henchman who fights Indy in Temple Of Doom,where they're on a conveyer belt and he gets dragged into that crushing machine yoke.Think he might be in Last Crusade too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Two actors who I always love seeing in things who seem to be have pretty solid careers despite nothing in the way of a breakout role ever coming along.

this guy
    77648904.jpg
    Major roles in Veep and Luck (a show that's stuffed with guys like that) on HBO, also in a ton of other stuff including True Detective, Godzilla, I <3 Huckabees, Prison Break, Transformers, Dave, Unstoppable...

..and this guy (who is perhaps at this stage at the point that everyone knows his name?)
    Kevin+Corrigan+Vanity+Fair+Richard+Mille+Celebration+spdWPyU-5zTl.jpg
    A regular on a network sitcom for several years (Grounded For Life, guest appearances on a few others), regular presence in 90s indie hits (Slums of Beverly Hills, Trees Lounge, Henry Fool), and 00s films (Big Fan, Lonesome Jim), in low budget mumblecore movies (Harmony & Me), higher budget mumblecore movies (Results), scattered through a few Scorsese films (Goodfellas, the Departed), stoner comedies (Pineapple Express), an upcoming Terrence Malick film and a whole host of other things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

1421219858judy.jpg

Judy Greer.

She's in everything. For example she is currently in recent releases Jurassic World and Entourage and will be in Ant-Man that is out later this month.

It also appears to be in her contract that she has to appear in every American sitcom ever made.

Guy with a distincitive face who turns up in a lot of stuff,usually playing not too bright types and rednecks,Frank Collison.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc5QVdLYblBuAdfxzE1NOtwHPMVkxTJK6sA9AH9vcgjTfpC1nC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

R Lee Ermey....I can never remember his name...he's always just 'Full Metal Jacket Guy'

r-lee-ermey2.jpg

Advertisement