Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of issues with rifle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Must reread thread before typing!
    Tried ch ambering an empty 5.56 in a tikka I have, and it would have taken force to put it the last 8 mm. Was some of the blanks the Army leave scattered around the Curragh.

That also would have been because it was already fired and so fire formed to the chamber of the rifle it was fired from.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

Loose barrel, also known as the mother of all headspace problems. I'm sure its a decent company so hope it works out for you.

Or, maybe I better say, I hope its backed by a decent warranty and sure hope it works out, u shouldn't have to pay. The stuff I'm seeing in the OP pics normally happens with gas guns, is this a bolt gun??

Pressure signs are really hard to judge but the hard ejection and the case rim damage is, well, kind of a dead give away for pressure and/or chamber problem. Yeah could be an ammo problem, but a loose barrel is a major fail and tops it all off - mucho danger no shoot.

Anyway, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭J.R.

Really? Seems to always have it's fair share of customers in there whenever I go in. And the cafe there always has a good few people in it aswell.

Did this shop you bought the rifle in ever sort out the problem for you?

Advertisement