Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male circumcision

Options
  • 29-05-2015 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭

Half watching East Is East again after seeing it years ago. Good film.

The little boy got circumcised earlier and was in so much pain; it was fukcing heartbreaking.

Please don't turn this into a gender war of which is worse, MGM or FGM. They're different because of different organs, but they're both hideous.

If a man or older boy *chooses* MGM, well that's at least better than involuntary MGM but I think it's still barbaric and wonder what informs that choice (the hygiene thing and what else?) - MGM is criticised for sure, but also so accepted in other quarters, not just extreme religious ones. I find it hard to agree with this.

Circumcising little baby boys. Wtf? How...?! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Giving the ould 'Jewish Chewing Gum' the snip eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

You want to put Rabbi's out of business? They only do this job for the tips!
    Oi vey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

It's fcuking sore, I can tell you that much.

The guy that circumcised me was cock eyed, he got the sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It's fcuking sore, I can tell you that much.

Apt username!

Wang King wrote: »
    You want to put Rabbi's out of business? They only do this job for the tips!
    Oi vey!

Useless trivia. Unless one is Jewish.

It's not a rabbi, it's a mohel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

Sore as feck that's for sure, but on a personal note being told by numerous sexual partners through out my life that I had plenty of staying power in the bedroom and done a bit of research on it and yes guys that get the procedure done young will find it hard(excuse the pun) to climax during sex, hence the staying power

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

It's odd, I was just thinking about this earlier.

I read The Year of Living Biblically by AJ Jacobs who actually did an AMA on this site. It's a book about him trying to live strictly by the old testament. Throughout, he challenges everything put to him though he is fair. Only when it comes to circumcision does he seem to baulk at the task and hide behind tradition. I was really disappointed with that and I don't know what brought it to my mind today but, in short, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Its a bloody rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

As someone who was circumcised at 6 years old due to an infection, I can tell you, I'd rather would have had it done as a baby.

I remember it (and I don't remember much from 6 years old) it was painful.

As far as sensitivity. No problems in that department.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Circumcised men are not real men. They have a part of them missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Should not be done before anyone can consent to it in my eyes. Ridiculous invasion of bodily integrity usually done for religious (Judaism or Islam) or monetary (American pediatricians) means.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I do not know much of what's behind this, but it seems like a strange story, and a cruel one:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/heather-hironimus-intactivist-mom-who-took-son-into-hiding-to-save-his-foreskin-sobs-in-court-as-she-signs-consent-for-circumcision
    Hironimus and her four-year-old-son’s father, Dennis Nebus, have been warring for years over whether to have the boy’s foreskin removed. She initially agreed in a parenting agreement filed in court, then changed her mind, giving way to a long legal fight. Circuit and appellate judges have sided with the father.

With her legal options dwindling, Hironimus went missing in February, and ignored a judge’s order that she appear in court and give her consent for the surgery to be performed. A warrant was issued, but she wasn’t located until May 14 at a Broward County shelter where she was staying with her son.

Brought before Judge Jeffrey Gillen on Friday, Hironimus again declined to sign a consent form for the surgery, and she was advised she would remain jailed indefinitely. After the hearing recessed and she reconsidered, she reluctantly agreed to sign, sobbing as she put pen to paper.

Though the signature solved a contempt charge against her, she still faces a criminal charge of interference with child custody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Circumcising little baby boys. Wtf? How...?! :confused:

Scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

For truly barbaric and outrageous you need to check out Symphysiotomy!

Now thats really some fcukedup ****e. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

I was going to become a Jew, but I just couldn't cut it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

My son had to be circumcised when he was 3. I nearly went mad in the weeks leading up to the operation worrying. I really really didn't want him to have to go through it but on the day he actually thought he was in a hotel and although he was fairly sore afterwards the operation solved his problem. He was fine very soon afterwards and we were all so relieved he was ok and the operation worked.

I don't agree with circumcisions on new little baby boys for no reason. I think it's horrific and shouldn't be allowed. I couldn't imagine allowing anyone doing that to my baby ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

An individuals right to bodily integrity should always outweigh someone else's right to religious or traditionalist freedoms

I've posted that a few times before and my mind has yet to be changed.

German courts decided on introducing a similar law but some Jews cried discrimination and they reversed the decision. Some orthodox Jews have a Rabbi suck the baby's dick after the 'surgery' too. Lovely stuff

Obviously I have no memory of it so what's the harm? You're not conscious as a baby.

You don't sound 'conscious' now

Fair enough. I'm not sure mine had to be done for a reason or not, but I'm glad it's done now. Obviously I have no memory of it so what's the harm? You're not conscious as a baby.

I can assure you a baby can feel pain.

You've experimented on them?

Oh I have yes it's my hobby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

.....Some orthodox Jews have a Rabbi suck the baby's dick after the 'surgery' too. Lovely stuff

What? Is that for real? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Yeah I've come across that tidbit before, something about preventing infection... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yeah I've come across that tidbit before, something about preventing infection... :confused:

Peel and wash maybe?

Seriously, they will suck, the babies, cock, to stop infection. Eh. IDK what to say to that if its true. Do you have a link to anything backing that up?

What the fook is wrong with humans! Born with it, if it's too tight then you have to get it fixed or removed, grand. But getting it removed as a baby and then having someone suck on it? I know I'm an adult and I'm associating sexual things with that but, wouldn't the guy doing the circumcision be an adult too?

Yep, Google 'Metzitzah b'peh'... or don't

I've posted that a few times before and my mind has yet to be changed.

German courts decided on introducing a similar law but some Jews cried discrimination and they reversed the decision. Some orthodox Jews have a Rabbi suck the baby's dick after the 'surgery' too. Lovely stuff

I have no great time for religious practices and find circumcision highly objectionable...but even still I still wouldn't characterise it as "sucking dick". That's a phrase that is associated with oral sex, it isn't oral sex, they can use their mouths to draw blood away from the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Adults chopping bits of children's genitalia off.

Fucking creepy.

Peel and wash maybe?

Seriously, they will suck, the babies, cock, to stop infection. Eh. IDK what to say to that if its true. Do you have a link to anything backing that up?

What the fook is wrong with humans! Born with it, if it's too tight then you have to get it fixed or removed, grand. But getting it removed as a baby and then having someone suck on it? I know I'm an adult and I'm associating sexual things with that but, wouldn't the guy doing the circumcision be an adult too?

He would, but not an adult that automatically assumes that placing the mouth on the penis equates to...snigger snigger nudge nudge..."sucking dick". It's borderline "they're all gay".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

I'm circumcised and I have to say I can't imagine any fella not having it done , I think I'd hate the feel of it but I suppose I wouldn't know any different, I had it done as a baby and sur nobody remembers what happens them a baby so I can't see the harm in it

I have no great time for religious practices and find circumcision highly objectionable...but even still I still wouldn't characterise it as "sucking dick". That's a phrase that is associated with oral sex, it isn't oral sex, they can use their mouths to draw blood away from the cut.

What part of 'sucking' on a 'dick' is incorrect?

Ultra-orthodox Rabbis sometimes suck on baby's dicks... that is a factually correct statement.

I never mentioned sex. Performing female genital mutilation isn't a sex act either.

• Advertisement

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Throughout, he challenges everything put to him though he is fair. Only when it comes to circumcision does he seem to baulk at the task and hide behind tradition.

I read that too. It was an obvious cop out, and as you say quite disappointing.

I'm against all ritual mutilation, from genital mutilation to tribal scarification. Tradition is not an adequate reason to harm a persons body.

Advertisement