Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A steal for a Scheppach 3200HMS Plainer/ Thicknesser

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sean Farrell

recipio wrote: »
    Nothing wrong in using solid wood. I think the biggest mistake in making boxes is to use wood that is too 'thick' ie over 12mm. It just looks too clumsy.
    When you buy 1" hardwood like oak it is generally about 27mm - allowing enough to plane, split down the middle and then thickness.
    With bandsaws it is all about power - the more the better - and using a sharp blade. Otherwise use a narrow kerf circular sawblade and flip the board end for end if you don't have enough height on the blade.
    Assembling six sides for a hexagon is very tricky. I would try a few regular boxes first !
    Over the Summer i managed to use some 12mm pine to make"real" wood boxes as opposed to MDF. This one has a lazy susan on the base. Made some more ..i'll post them up soon when i find the phots of them. Thanks for all the help and advice btw.

Advertisement