Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I related to this guy?

Options
  • 29-05-2015 6:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭

Most pointless thread, 2015. Feel free to lock this and/or ban me afterwards.

My uncle's wife's sister's husband is the uncle of Bob (name has been changed for privacy reasons). Am I related to Bob? This is not a riddle.

I couldn't find any forum more suitable than this one. Apologies for this retarded thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No, I assume you want to ride him, so you should be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Shag away, no green babies with ten heads for you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Trojan Donkey

ScumLord wrote: »
    No, I assume you want to ride him, so you should be good to go.
    PandaPoo wrote: »
    Shag away, no green babies with ten heads for you

I know you're both very hungry, but unfortunately it's against the rules to feed trolls. Sorry lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The Yes vote seems to have left you in quite the pickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Not by blood at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Is it Bob from Blackadder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Yes......it sounds like Bobs your uncle.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

Bob is your second cousin. Bob doesn't like you. Neither does his wife. And her sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

You are only related to your Uncle's wife not her Sister, you could have a threesome with Bob and the uncle's Wife's Sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

You're Bob.

Well, you could be.

• Advertisement

J K wrote: »
    Bob is your second cousin. Bob doesn't like you. Neither does his wife. And her sister.

I never said Bob had a wife.

BTW, I'm not gay. "Bob" wasn't sure about us being related or not and I told him I'd find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

My uncle's wife's sister's husband is the uncle of Bob (name has been changed for privacy reasons). Am I related to Bob? This is not a riddle.

I couldn't find any forum more suitable than this one. Apologies for this retarded thread.

Your uncles wife is your aunt in law but not blood. Her sister is no relation. Her sisters husband is no relation.

Bob is therefore your uncle. Or no relation. But definitely the latter.

(Unless you're playing games where your aunts sister married your father, then ****e off).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Your uncles wife is your aunt in law but not blood. Her sister is no relation. Her sisters husband is no relation.

Bob is therefore your uncle. Or no relation.
    Could be two brothers married to two sisters, that would make them his parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Could be two brothers married to two sisters, that would make them his parents.

Yeah I edited that post. To be fair I think he's not playing that game. If he is -- we know where to find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I never said Bob had a wife.

BTW, I'm not gay. "Bob" wasn't sure about us being related or not and I told him I'd find out.
    Was he winking when he asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Seems to me you either are Bob or you're no relation. Or maybe Bob's brother, depending. You haven't told us if your uncle's wife's sister's husband was also your uncle's brother. In which case he could well be your dad. So you'd be Bob. Or Bob's brother. Or sister.

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭volchitsa

ScumLord wrote: »
    Was he winking when he asked?

Oh dear I misread that. Euuw. :(

Let me explain in greater detail.

There is a family. There are two sisters in that family.
    My uncle married one sister, Bob's uncle married the other.
    If I am related to them, it's through my uncle's marriage. Which is what I'm trying to figure out.

Maybe I asked the question wrong. I may not be "related" to him, but is Bob a cousin or something like that? Cousin in law? Anything?

Again, this is NOT a riddle or joke or brainteaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sure aren't we all related really

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Yes......it sounds like Bobs your uncle.......

Wonder does he have an aunt named fanny

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Don't worry. We'll get this sorted. The next step is to see some pictures of the two sisters.

anna080 wrote: »
    Sure aren't we all related really

Yes. All predictions of what is going to cause the human race to die out are wrong. We are all slowly turning inbred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Bob is your second-cousin-in-law, once removed.

There really is no mystery to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Scrapped the whole lot just call it incest and dont do anything

catallus wrote: »
    Bob is your second-cousin-in-law, once removed.

There really is no mystery to this.

Are you sure? Wouldn't we need to come from the same grandparents?

If ye were both nephews to the Aunt inlaws/ sisters then you two would be cousins. You're sort of cousin inlaws although cousin inlaws are 'cousins of your inlaws'

Whereas you are both nephews of inlaws.

If ye were both nephews to the Aunt inlaws/ sisters then you two would be cousins. You're sort of cousin inlaws although cousin inlaws are 'cousins of your inlaws'

Whereas you are both nephews of inlaws.

What would my aunt in-law's sister be to me? She might not be related to me but there must be a name for it.

What would my aunt in-law's sister be to me? She might not be related to me but there must be a name for it.
    aunt-in-law's sister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

If the person you want to ride didn't live in the same house as you when you were growing up then it is OK.

Advertisement