Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 27/5

Options
  • 26-05-2015 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

On phone will post more later. King of paradise 16 50 Hamilton 8/1 3 pts win. 19 40 kempton atlantis crossing 20/1 2 pts win

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Backed Atlantis Crossing myself.

20/1 too good to resist now he's down to his lowest mark on the AW in a long time and drops into a Class 4 on the AW for the first time in ages too. Just had 1pt Win as he's far from reliable at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Roca Rojo runs again tomorrow in Gowran at 6.20, only 2/1.

Two others that I liked (one of which I backed):

Had been planning to have a decent bet on Finn Class (4.05 Thirsk) but was hoping for a more attractive price than 10/3, his last run is best ignored as he needs to be on the sharp end and could never land a blow after stumbling as the stalls opened. Looks likely to have his conditions tomorrow and should be up to going close off this mark/in this company. If he drifts to 4/1 or bigger I would be interested and that does look possible with the money coming for the O'Meara one early doors.

Desert Command (8.40 Kempton) was very popular in the market at Chelmsford last time out but just ran out of steam late on after trying to make all, he looked as likely to win as anything at the furlong pole there and did himself no favors by hanging to the right under pressure. On that evidence it should be of some assistance going the other way round tomorrow and the handicapper has been quite generous dropping him by 1lb (and a 2lb turn around with Picture Dealer who was 1 length ahead lto). On a line of form through the reliable yard stick Regal Parade he has a very feasible chance of beating the fav at the weights and I think 6/1 is more than fair. The one I am slightly worried about is Dinneratmidnight who is definitely better than he's shown recently but is way too short on all recent form and would require a leap of faith in order to part with any cash.
    2pts Win (William Hill)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

20/1 too good to resist now he's down to his lowest mark on the AW in a long time and drops into a Class 4 on the AW for the first time in ages too. Just had 1pt Win as he's far from reliable at the best of times.
    Halves my work for later cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,418 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Done this one myself, it smashed the opposition out of the park last time out and could very well be a bit special. Would love to see Ado McGuinness get a decent horse for once in his career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Done this one myself, it smashed the opposition out of the park last time out and could very well be a bit special. Would love to see Ado McGuinness get a decent horse for once in his career.

Yeah I really felt for him when Vitzoria was taken out of the yard having done nothing wrong

Missed the 20/1 but Six of Hearts is seriously well handicapped and worth a chance in the third at Gowran tomorrow 16/1. Once rated as high as 109 he's down to 72 and ran a nice race on his return from a lay off last time in a really hot handicap (horse behind him went and won a Curragh handicap since). Good ten pound claimer on tomorrow and could go well at a price. Can't go any worse than Dimitar today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/2015-05-27-gowran-park/18:20/winner

11/8 with PP already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I think this race will be a stepping stone to royal ascot for roca rojo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

sdoc13 wrote: »
    On phone will post more later. King of paradise 16 50 Hamilton 8/1 3 pts win.

Also will be interested in KOP myself.

And had nice cut on Serefeli in the 7.20 Gowran, 11/8 PP. Fancied big time! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Volcanic Jack catches the eye in the first at Cartmel tomorrow. Cartmel is a quirky track and this horse won over course and distance last year. Had a recent run on the flat which may just have been with this race in mind. 14-1 looks a decent ew price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

shmeee wrote: »
    Also will be interested in KOP myself.

And had nice cut on Serefeli in the 7.20 Gowran, 11/8 PP. Fancied big time! :cool:

5/1 nibble on the double!!

also had a big nibble on the 7/4 available on Roca Rojo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Can see Roca Rojo winning tomorrow before trying to emulate her half brother and win at Royal Ascot next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,827 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Star links 33-1 ew 7.50 Gowran
    Down to a competitive mark here. Can recapture some of its old
    consistency here .

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

I like the look of Choc,a,moca 17.15 Thirsk.Capable of winning off current mark and hampered a crucial stage last time.Still an E/w price (just)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

He is 10/1 with PP now

On phone will post more later. King of paradise 16 50 Hamilton 8/1 3 pts win. 19 40 kempton atlantis crossing 20/1 2 pts win

Just had word for that one myself.

Volcanic Jack catches the eye in the first at Cartmel tomorrow. Cartmel is a quirky track and this horse won over course and distance last year. Had a recent run on the flat which may just have been with this race in mind. 14-1 looks a decent ew price.

Looks like I was on to a live one - Volcanic Jack is now 9-2 in places (though a couple have come out).

Forge Valley also looks overpriced at 16-1 in the Hunter Chase at Cartmel and may also be worth an ew interest.

Think King of Paradise is a great shout and you were inspired yesterday(Singeur).David O Meara has runners at Thirsk and Hamilton but Tudhope who has 1st pick & rarely gets it wrong goes to Hamilton when I,d have thought Rex Inperateur has a great chance at Thirsk.Any thoughts ?

shamdrog63 wrote: »
    Think King of Paradise is a great shout and you were inspired yesterday(Singeur).David O Meara has runners at Thirsk and Hamilton but Tudhope who has 1st pick & rarely gets it wrong goes to Hamilton when I,d have thought Rex Inperateur has a great chance at Thirsk.Any thoughts ?

I looked at rex inperateur last night. Seems very well in. Just thought there wasn't much juice in the price. Very decent chance though and wouldn't put anyone off backing him.

Only getting the chance to update now.
    I still think the 7s available on KOP is value. Has won at the track 3 times off marks of 72 to 64 over distances of 1m, 1m3f, and 1m5f. Obviously loves the track. Runs of 60 today and had a decent pipe opener 6 days ago. Hopefully is fitter for the run and definately capable of wining a race like this off this mark.

• Advertisement

I looked at rex inperateur last night. Seems very well in. Just thought there wasn't much juice in the price. Very decent chance though and wouldn't put anyone off backing him.
    Agree price is too skinny and would suggest that Thornaby Nash 2.40 or Salma Gondis 4.15 at Hamilton are better fancied cos Tudhope rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr Ed2011

Only getting the chance to update now.
    I still think the 7s available on KOP is value. Has won at the track 3 times off marks of 72 to 64 over distances of 1m, 1m3f, and 1m5f. Obviously loves the track. Runs of 60 today and had a decent pipe opener 6 days ago. Hopefully is fitter for the run and definately capable of wining a race like this off this mark.

King Of Paradise when running at Hamilton with Jason Hart on board, 25 or less days since last run and BHB of 72 or less his form figures are… 117153162

We are now in week 21 and if you look at King Of Paradise under the conditions outlined above in week 23 to 27 his form figures are 111

I agree he is worth a bet today and no matter how he goes today, he should have his ideal conditions if he return here for any of the upcoming meetings on the 10th, 17th, 25th or 30th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr Ed2011

Has his ideal conditions today...AW, Kempton or Wolverhampton, Handicap, 6/7F Class 3 or lower, 114126121315

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Yeah I really felt for him when Vitzoria was taken out of the yard having done nothing wrong

Missed the 20/1 but Six of Hearts is seriously well handicapped and worth a chance in the third at Gowran tomorrow 16/1. Once rated as high as 109 he's down to 72 and ran a nice race on his return from a lay off last time in a really hot handicap (horse behind him went and won a Curragh handicap since). Good ten pound claimer on tomorrow and could go well at a price. Can't go any worse than Dimitar today anyway.

Any interest in your pal Glassatura tonight PC?
    Still looks well handicapped and first time blinkers might eke out imporvement.
    Hasn't run abysmally the last twice either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Not saying he wont win but in case anyones thinking of having a good bet at the prices be careful, word before Rex imperators last run was something to the effect of “he's checked in on his best form but you couldn't trust him to beat the yard dog if he wasn't in the mood"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Not saying he wont win but in case anyones thinking of having a good bet at the prices be careful, word before Rex imperators last run was something to the effect of “he's checked in on his best form but you couldn't trust him to beat the yard dog if he wasn't in the mood"

He could carry this lot and still win if in the mood. Its some donkey race for him if he can be bothered to put it in today. Judging by his last run he was beginning to look interested and didn't really have any room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

aidankkk wrote: »
    He could carry this lot and still win if in the mood. Its some donkey race for him if he can be bothered to put it in today. Judging by his last run he was beginning to look interested and didn't really have any room.

Hopefully he does the business for anyone who has him backed.

While Rex Imperator is obviously potentially extremely well handicapped he has plummeted in the weights for good reason - i.e. he has shown next to nothing for the best part of a year. Fair enough last time was more encouraging but when a horse has finished last or second last on his seven previous runs the only way is up... I couldn't have him until there is a more tangible sign of a return to life.

I didn't back Finn Class in the end but he should take a lot of beating as I think he is the real improver in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

While Rex Imperator is obviously potentially extremely well handicapped he has plummeted in the weights for good reason - i.e. he has shown next to nothing for the best part of a year. Fair enough last time was more encouraging but when a horse has finished last or second last on his seven previous runs the only way is up... I couldn't have him until there is a more tangible sign of a return to life.

I didn't back Finn Class in the end but he should take a lot of beating as I think he is the real improver in the field.

Wont be long now after that run..

• Advertisement

aidankkk wrote: »
    Wont be long now after that run..

Agreed. Much, much more encouraging. Looks like O'Meara is bringing him back again.

Dodged a bullet with Finn Class at least.

Advertisement