Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prodigy & Public Enemy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

It wasn't rammed despite what poster above said the blue walls were up at the back of all seated sections with just the first tier of seats in use, floor was reasonably filled alright but not sold out. A staff member said around 6,000 tickets were sold.

Ques were a disgrace so missed about 2/3 songs of Public Enemy, who were a good warm up act short set about 40 mins and even less for me as I'd missed first 10.

The Prodigy have seen them better but twas another solid show.
    beecee wrote: »
    Many there for PE? How were they?

Indeed, the searches outside the venue, as people were entering the venue, were more thorough than usual, and took longer than with other gigs.

Public Enemy were very good.

They started at 7.48pm and finished at 8.48pm, so they played an hour and came on 12 minutes earlier than the time of 8pm, which was the time that was listed before the gig.

One thing I wish they wouldn't do is turn a lot of their songs into medleys. They did snippets of many different songs, including Welcome to the Terrordome and Can't Truss It.

I would prefer if they had played those particular tracks in full.

Interestingly, The Prodigy started at 9.27pm, 12 minutes later than the scheduled time of 9.15pm, which was posted before the gig.

I guess, since they played till 10.47pm, they hadn't intended playing any longer than 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Perhaps, if they had intended playing a full 90 minute set, they may have started at 9.15pm as scheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Don't think I've ever been to a Prodigy gig (of the dozen or so I've seen) thats been longer than 1 hour 20. Its their standard show length.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Nal wrote: »
    Thats 8,000 unsold tickets. No way it was only 40% full.

I'm not sure all I heard was that 6,000 tickets were sold I'm not sure if this includes a number of freebie attendees lots of comps on radio(s) in the lead up but aka accounts 2010 seems to sum things up well there also the bar on the far left of stage was closed they'd have that open if more close to a sell out.
    Indeed, the searches outside the venue, as people were entering the venue, were more thorough than usual, and took longer than with other gigs.

Public Enemy were very good.

They started at 7.48pm and finished at 8.48pm, so they played an hour and came on 12 minutes earlier than the time of 8pm, which was the time that was listed before the gig.

One thing I wish they wouldn't do is turn a lot of their songs into medleys. They did snippets of many different songs, including Welcome to the Terrordome and Can't Truss It.

Oh I got in as Terrordome ended what did they play before that? Missed a bit alright due to those ques :(

Also ya last time I saw Prodigy they played bout 1hr 20 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Whining about an hour and twenty? Fuxsake. What do you expect them to do? Stretch it to a 90 minuter?!?!

/soz

Wooderson wrote: »
    Whining about an hour and twenty? Fuxsake. What do you expect them to do? Stretch it to a 90 minuter?!?!

/soz

I was not whining about them just playing an hour and 20 minutes.

I was making an observation that Public Enemy started 12 minutes earlier than scheduled and that the Prodigy started 12 minutes later than scheduled - according to the post on MCD's facebook page earlier that day at 7am and also on its twitter:

"The Prodigy with special guests Public Enemy hit Dublin tonight! A limited number of tickets are available from Ticketmaster Ireland now
    Doors 18:30
    Public Enemy 20:00
    The Prodigy 21:15".

https://www.facebook.com/mcd.productions

"Limited number of tickets available now for tonights show
    @PublicEnemyFTP 20:00
    @the_prodigy 21:15".

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions

I was suggesting that if The Prodigy had intended playing any longer, then perhaps they would have started earlier.

That does not mean that I was complaining about them not playing long enough. I was making the observation than one started 12 minutes earlier than listed and the other started 12 minutes later.

I did see, after the gig, that later on that day, MCD posted on twitter, that Public Enemy were due on at 7.30pm, so that would explain why they began before 8pm, but I did not see that twitter entry before going to the gig, so I understood they were going to be on at 8pm.

"Heading to @3arenadublin tonight? Stage times

@publicenemy 19:30
    @the_prodigy 21:15".

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Man I'm sorry - I was taking that piss that someone would be even accused of being put out at the pathetic 80 minutes that Howlett puts in. It's **inexcusable** stuff and has been for years. Don't bother with the "intensity" speech anyone either please. Don't embarrass yourselves. Their shows are criminally vulgar.

As for dicey stage times... Think they're indicative rather than regimented mate.

I'm not sure all I heard was that 6,000 tickets were sold I'm not sure if this includes a number of freebie attendees lots of comps on radio(s) in the lead up but aka accounts 2010 seems to sum things up well there also the bar on the far left of stage was closed they'd have that open if more close to a sell out.

Oh I got in as Terrordome ended what did they play before that? Missed a bit alright due to those ques :(

Also ya last time I saw Prodigy they played bout 1hr 20 too.

Shortly before they came onstage, I took a photo of the setlist that was on one of the stage monitors.

I took it from the standing area, so the angle is a bit awkward, but it shows that before Welcome to the Terrordome, they played Miuzi Weighs a Ton, Rebel Without a Pause and 911 Is A Joke.

I think the intro music was Lost At Birth, from the Apocalypse 91 album.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭idontlikefig

First time seeing both bands and it was unbelievable. First non-metal gig so I am not used to getting asked for MDMA between every song but overall the crowd was grand, it was funny in the moshpit I could tell which people were metalheads and were used to it and which people were in shock at what was happening

Advertisement