Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prodigy & Public Enemy

Options
  • 26-05-2015 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

30th of November 52euro

Monday night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

How do you get involved in the pre sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lc180

but1er wrote: »
    30th of November 52euro

Monday night

Where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's an odd combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

lc180 wrote: »
    Where?

3Arena.

Tickets on sale 9.30am this Friday (29 May)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Claasssss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

They're doing Belfast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭idontlikefig

How fast has the Prodigy sold out in the past, this will be my first time seeing them but I don't know if I will have the money for this week. Standing tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Just picked up me ticket for this :)

Saw them last year in Austria but having never seen Public Enemy it was a no brainer.
    They're doing Belfast as well.

Ya Belfast on the Tues
    How fast has the Prodigy sold out in the past, this will be my first time seeing them but I don't know if I will have the money for this week. Standing tickets

Standing tickets are almost €65 after fees, this article dated one week before gig in 09 (did Belfast and Dublin same venues) suggests tickets were still on sale http://www.mcd.ie/newsletters/10december.html but they had already did Slane and Cork that same year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

that's a lot of anger under one roof :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GoodDryingDay

Really excited for this, could be my last time seeing them...I'm getting older too ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

what is it with gigs on a Monday night in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

Seems to be just because of their availability. They've a string of UK dates before and Belfast after before going back to the UK. Looks fairly grueling.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Scauldy wanker alert: How strict will security be?. Get away with yokes in your pocket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Scauldy wanker alert: How strict will security be?. Get away with yokes in your pocket?

Are you for real? Eejit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Monday night killer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is an amazing combo!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Was debating whether or not to get a ticket for this for weeks. Then I went to the pub on Saturday and during the course of the night drunkenly bought a ticket via my phone. Sober me would like to thank drunk me for his gift.

Going to be my third time seeing the Prodigy. For those that haven't seen them live before, be prepared, it gets hectic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Libadour wrote: »
    Was debating whether or not to get a ticket for this for weeks. Then I went to the pub on Saturday and during the course of the night drunkenly bought a ticket via my phone. Sober me would like to thank drunk me for his gift.

Going to be my third time seeing the Prodigy. For those that haven't seen them live before, be prepared, it gets hectic :)

Make sure you get there for Public Enemy too! They're awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

Still plenty of tickets for this available....standing too. I wonder will there be many at it? I guess the Monday night probably doesn't help

Stage Times According to MCD

PE 20:00

The Prodigy 21:15

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

Stage Times According to MCD

PE 20:00

The Prodigy 21:15
    Just got a text off someone there was still queuing to get into the venue at 9pm! WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Queing outside was a fu@king joke!
    They had one male security patting down the men and only two female security going through the women and turning their handbags inside out.
    We got there at 7.50 and the queue was just out of the corral, by the time we were half way through the queue was mental.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Queing outside was a fu@king joke!
    They had one male security patting down the men and only two female security going through the women and turning their handbags inside out.
    We got there at 7.50 and the queue was just out of the corral, by the time we were half way through the queue was mental.

Staff numbers cut due to expected crowd?

It was rammed last night. Great gig. Been going to Prodigy gigs for 20 years and last night was up there with the best of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Many there for PE? How were they?

It wasn't rammed despite what poster above said the blue walls were up at the back of all seated sections with just the first tier of seats in use, floor was reasonably filled alright but not sold out. A staff member said around 6,000 tickets were sold.

Ques were a disgrace so missed about 2/3 songs of Public Enemy, who were a good warm up act short set about 40 mins and even less for me as I'd missed first 10.

The Prodigy have seen them better but twas another solid show.

It wasn't rammed despite what poster above said the blue walls were up at the back of all seated sections with just the first tier of seats in use, floor was reasonably filled alright but not sold out. A staff member said around 6,000 tickets were sold.

Thats 8,000 unsold tickets. No way it was only 40% full.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The Nal wrote: »
    he said not all seats were being used. I have been there when lots were shut down, place looked really small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

The Nal wrote: »

Somewhere in the region of 6,000-7,000 are in the top tier which wasn't visible Monday night because they were behind the temporary blue wall which was placed behind the first tier of seats.

Another 1,000-1,500 people could have fitted into the standing section easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 PureM

Was the sound engineer asleep on Monday night?

Advertisement