Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Business HL 2015 - predictions, guesses and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

RoRo979 wrote: »
    gimme 10 mins buddy and ill stick an a1 up :D

Thanks so much, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

Lads, I've got to cram like an absolute sausage tonight. Had a migraine these last few days, barely been able to do exams let alone study (I left it late, but I planned on doing a ton of study from the weekend-Thursday, headaches had other ideas).

So basically, gotta learn the whole course tonight. No big deal, yknow? But what would everyone really recommend studying? I'm definitely gonna go over HRM, Characteristics/Skills - Management/Entrepreneur and Enterprise, and Marketing for Question 6. But can anyone offer some guidance for what else to study? I'm looking for a C3 honestly and I can learn very quickly and I'm pretty good at Business as is and can maybe pass based off study I did a few months ago, not sure.

Any help, seriously appreciated.

business is very very hard to predict. If your looking for a c3 to be honest it isnt that hard. You look like your abq is looking well. Unit 3 know all of it, unit 4 is the most waffly piece of sh*t but concentrate on HRM and change. Unit 5 know sources of idea, methods of expansion and all marketing. A c3 should be covered there but you also need a question from 1,2,3 so id reccomend q3 from unit 7.
    Guys does anyone know how to write up their own business plan for a company, was out for that question. Amy examples would be lovely
    Business plan for ________

1) description of business:
    People starting it, their qualification/experience, what will business do and long term goals
    My name is ____. I have a degree in___. my business will sell___ and my aim is the be the leading supplier of____

2) market analysis:
    Pitential market, competitors,trends
    I have done reseach and shows a growing market. Unlike the other my usp is_____

3) marketing plan
    product price place promotion
    just talk whatever about them no real wrong answer

4) Production plan
    Production,equipment,quality
    ingredients from ireland. Use batch production. Will apply for ISO 9000

5) finance plan
    The cost of factory = 1,000,000. i plan to give 100,000 of my own money and hence need loan of 900,000.

income: 200 300 400
    expenditure: 180 350 310
    net: 20 50 90
    shows a surplus from start which will grow over time

signed:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ogradyliam5

Anyone know where i could get solutions for the 2010 paper by any chance?

RoRo979 wrote: »
    business is very very hard to predict. If your looking for a c3 to be honest it isnt that hard. You look like your abq is looking well. Unit 3 know all of it, unit 4 is the most waffly piece of sh*t but concentrate on HRM and change. Unit 5 know sources of idea, methods of expansion and all marketing. A c3 should be covered there but you also need a question from 1,2,3 so id reccomend q3 from unit 7.

Business plan for ________

1) description of business:
    People starting it, their qualification/experience, what will business do and long term goals
    My name is ____. I have a degree in___. my business will sell___ and my aim is the be the leading supplier of____

2) market analysis:
    Pitential market, competitors,trends
    I have done reseach and shows a growing market. Unlike the other my usp is_____

3) marketing plan
    product price place promotion
    just talk whatever about them no real wrong answer

4) Production plan
    Production,equipment,quality
    ingredients from ireland. Use batch production. Will apply for ISO 9000

5) finance plan
    The cost of factory = 1,000,000. i plan to give 100,000 of my own money and hence need loan of 900,000.

income: 200 300 400
    expenditure: 180 350 310
    net: 20 50 90
    shows a surplus from start which will grow over time

signed:

You're literally a life saver

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Krydan

I'm really starting to freak out over Business.
    I'd be needing about a B1 and I feel like the short questions are going to catch me.
    It's just there is so many little things that could come up that would just screw me over.
    I have the whole day to study, and I'm just going through the entire course again to make sure I have a general overview, and then focusing on particular units.

Really freaking out though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 EimearHxx

freaking out i more than likely failed english, maths and biology :L

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Famoso

TQM, TQM and more TQM fella's. I have a sneaking suspicion of it appearing as the ABQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

Anyone know the definition for management co-ordination? Can't find it anywhere, the only place is on the 2001 paper

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Famoso

EaSwe wrote: »
    Anyone know the definition for management co-ordination? Can't find it anywhere, the only place is on the 2001 paper

Then it's probably nothing to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

How hard would it be to get a B3? I need to cram like a moro. Got a C2 in the mock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Epicfish

Elemonator wrote: »
    How hard would it be to get a B3? I need to cram like a moro. Got a C2 in the mock

A lot of business is common sense, the only thing that could get you into trouble is not knowing key words/phrases.

If you're really in a bit of bother, search business 2015 predictions in youtube and watch the top video.

And make sure you have the ABQ ready, entrepreneur skills etc.

You'd be surprised how much you'll have retained from class anyway, just hope the questions go your way tomorrow too.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sponge151

i need at d3 in business i got 45 percent in the pres im doing honours is it hard to pass it and get the d3 like i have done a good bit of study?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

sponge151 wrote: »
    i need at d3 in business i got 45 percent in the pres im doing honours is it hard to pass it and get the d3 like i have done a good bit of study?

Business is difficult to get an A but easy to pass. Focus tonight on the ABQ units and I reckon you will definitely pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sponge151

thank you i think that is what i am going to do cause the abq untits are not too hard

• Registered Users Posts: 6 allenmac

anything that should be learned thats not in the revise wise book?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

What are ye recommending for timing?

Is it risky going in with JUST question 1 prepared. I'm pretty good on it bar the courts and stuff and the NCA and DEI and all those things

BlueWolf16 wrote: »
    What are ye recommending for timing?

32 mins for short q's aka 4 mins per q

32 mins for ABQ

24 minutes for each long q

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

32 mins for short q's aka 4 mins per q

32 mins for ABQ

24 minutes for each long q

jesus really? I mean in fairly quick at writing, but like 4 pages in 24 minutes is a lot. Plus the abq involves loads of reading, quoting, etc.. Business is a crappy exam in terms of timing, imo.

BlueWolf16 wrote: »
    jesus really? I mean in fairly quick at writing, but like 4 pages in 24 minutes is a lot. Plus the abq involves loads of reading, quoting, etc.. Business is a crappy exam in terms of timing, imo.

You'll pick up a lot of time on the short questions, it won't take you 4 mins to do each one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Tray1234

Just a tip for anyone looking for a few extra marks. Any question that asks you to 'Evaluate' give a short sentence of your own opinion after answering the question at the end. Most people probably already know this but I only picked up on it today!ðŸ‘

Tray1234 wrote: »
    Just a tip for anyone looking for a few extra marks. Any question that asks you to 'Evaluate' give a short sentence of your own opinion after answering the question at the end. Most people probably already know this but I only picked up on it today!ðŸ‘

Even better - write it in red pen. For example if it asks to evaluate the effectiveness of motivation in a business say your piece and at the end in red pen write "Evaluation: I believe motivation is effective here because..."

Another way to guarantee yourself some marks is by giving a correct example, the business exam seems to reward examples quite well, assuming they're correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

Epicfish wrote: »
    Another way to guarantee yourself some marks is by giving a correct example, the business exam seems to reward examples quite well, assuming they're correct.

It's all about the heading and example- seem to make up over half if the marks for every question.!!

Also to anyone worrying about the timing and how much pages you need to write, remember that the business paper isn't an English paper, there's no need for you to write essay style answers, bullet points are perfectly fine (as long as they're not stupidly short).

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

Anyone have any predictions for the acts most likely to come up?

EaSwe wrote: »
    Anyone have any predictions for the acts most likely to come up?

I'd take a look at the Consumers Protection Act 2007, Industrial Relations Act 1990, and Sale of goods and supply services act 1980.

It's likely that conflict (resolution) will come up this year and they're all related to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

What do you think is most likely questions to be asked on the ABQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wazup12

My teacher is a milf and slept with the examiner so she knows what's coming up and told us that the break even is a guarantee

Yeah my teacher said he same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 wazup12

Any advice on the EU question

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement