Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Business HL 2015 - predictions, guesses and discussion

Options
  • 23-05-2015 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Any predictions or tips at all? I've a fairly useless teacher so I have no contribution to the predictions at all unfortunately!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Break even chart & entrepreneur skills/characteristics & something to do with the environment/social responsibilities of business

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Username44

For the ABQ I think it will be entrepreneur skills/characteristics and leadership and motivation!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

ABQ - HRM, characteristics of entrepreneur,

1) relationship, employment law
    3) EU institutions

break even point - profitability rations - TQM

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Codswapple

Management skills/activities has always come up in ABQ's as part of unit 3
    Apprently skills is due up,so leading,motivating and communicating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Break even or a cash flow. Skills/characteristics for ABQ and maybe TQM. EU institutions and the CPA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

What units are dedicated to what questions ?

1 - 1
    2- 6
    3 - 7
    4 - mainly unit 3 put unit 4 potentially thrown in
    5 - unit 4 but this year chance of unit 5 in there
    6 - great chance full unit 5, possible little unit 4
    7 - unit 5 in full

what do i reccomend you to - do unit 2/3/4/5/ - need to know it for abq and 5 is easy enough - then out of 1/6/7 do unit 7 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

Anyone have a list of all the laws for question 1? Being forced to do it as my teacher failed to complete q3 and q2. I've also heard its marked quite hard. Laws of contract and relationships are fine. Just unsure about the other part.

Anyone else praying for a break even?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 iang198

This is probably a really stupid question but, should graph paper be used for BEP chart if it comes up?

iang198 wrote: »
    This is probably a really stupid question but, should graph paper be used for BEP chart if it comes up?

yes most definately

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Units 2,3,4 for ABQ
    Can these units come up in long questions too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moyo

Units 2,3,4 for ABQ
    Can these units come up in long questions too?

I think so yea,
    Because those units for the ABQ came up in 2010 and 2005 too (every 5 years) and the units still came up on the long questions

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ecoste

Can anybody tell me what units cover each question on the paper, would be much appreciated.

ecoste wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me what units cover each question on the paper, would be much appreciated.

go up literally 5 messages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

Right lads- Ive studied pretty much everything for business at some stage but I now need to know what to intensively revise for the next few days looking for a c1 or b3
    Cheers

Right lads- Ive studied pretty much everything for business at some stage but I now need to know what to intensively revise for the next few days looking for a c1 or b3
    Cheers

unit 3 and 5, know absolutely everything about them, then take unit 4 and 2, then take 1/6/7 your choice

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tables

ABQ - Chapters 4 to 13
    Q1 - Chapters 1 to 3
    Q2 - Chapters 19 to 23
    Q3 - Chapters 24 to 26

Q4 - Chapters 4 to 18
    Q5 - Chapters 4 to 18
    Q6 - Chapters 4 to 18
    Q6 - Chapters 4 to 18

Don't forget, you must do 4 long questions. AT LEAST one from Q1-3 and AT Least 2 from Q4-7. The other question can be either, so technically you can do all of the paper (might miss a few shorts though) if you just study chapters 1-18, but you leave yourself no choice in the longs. What I recommend is to leave out the EU stuff, Q3 (Chapters 24-26), that is what I will be doing as that information is harder to learn than most of the other bits to learn. If you do that though I do recommend that you have a general understanding of the chapters for the SQs.

Tables wrote: »
    ABQ - Chapters 4 to 13
    Q1 - Chapters 1 to 3
    Q2 - Chapters 19 to 23
    Q3 - Chapters 24 to 26

Q4 - Chapters 4 to 18
    Q5 - Chapters 4 to 18
    Q6 - Chapters 4 to 18
    Q6 - Chapters 4 to 18

Don't forget, you must do 4 long questions. AT LEAST one from Q1-3 and AT Least 2 from Q4-7. The other question can be either, so technically you can do all of the paper (might miss a few shorts though) if you just study chapters 1-18, but you leave yourself no choice in the longs. What I recommend is to leave out the EU stuff, Q3 (Chapters 24-26), that is what I will be doing as that information is harder to learn than most of the other bits to learn. If you do that though I do recommend that you have a general understanding of the chapters for the SQs.

I was thinking of doing the EU seeing as it is a guranteed question- plus we revised it right before we finished school.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tables

I was thinking of doing the EU seeing as it is a guranteed question- plus we revised it right before we finished school.

Then by all means go for it, just the information on the separate parts of the EU (ECB, etc) can be difficult to learn as it can be pretty easy to get mixed up, but that's my own opinion, and opinion of a few of my friends, do what ever suits you pal.

Tables wrote: »
    Then by all means go for it, just the information on the separate parts of the EU (ECB, etc) can be difficult to learn as it can be pretty easy to get mixed up, but that's my own opinion, and opinion of a few of my friends, do what ever suits you pal.
    We will see- I do history also so it means I don't have the couple of free days I would have had if I was doing geo or something- that means I dont have the time to do what I want- and the course is soo extensive.!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Krydan

I'm really hope we get nice ABQ questions. I really don't want a question on different sources of finance or and finance related questions to be honest.

Hopefully:
    -Entrepreneur characteristics
    -Management Activities
    -TQM

As for long Questions, I'll probably do Q2+Q3 from section 1 as they're more focused questions.
    The other 3 from Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7, I'll have to see what they're like on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

It's on Thursday and in the pre's I got a C2. But I need a B3. Any thoughts on what I should focus on?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

For management activities is it planning, controlling and orgainising? and what act are ye studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Krydan

For management activities is it planning, controlling and orgainising? and what act are ye studying?

Yes Management Activities are:
    -Planning
    -Organising
    -Controlling

While Management Skills are:
    -Leading
    -Motivating
    -Communicating

In order not to get mixed up, I thought that...well a sport is an ACTIVITY, and a 'PUC' is used for hockey which is a sport. 'P.O.C' are the starting letter of the three activities...
    Weird, I know, but weird enough that I'll never forget ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 antifun

If there's a 20 marker that I'm not sure about, could I write down like 4 basic points + explanations, and then 3 more basic points just to cover my ass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

antifun wrote: »
    If there's a 20 marker that I'm not sure about, could I write down like 4 basic points + explanations, and then 3 more basic points just to cover my ass?

If you had the time, yes. But I wouldn't do this initially because it could waste valuable time. Do 4 or 5 points well.

If you had the time, yes. But I wouldn't do this initially because it could waste valuable time. Do 4 or 5 points well.

sh*t loads of marks go for headings, so 4 titles and just an extra heading wil be fine tbh. However might aswell justlearn the heading as would be just as easy as knowing 7/8 titles per question. also time is a big factor in business exams

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

Guys does anyone know how to write up their own business plan for a company, was out for that question. Amy examples would be lovely

Leitrim96 wrote: »
    Guys does anyone know how to write up their own business plan for a company, was out for that question. Amy examples would be lovely

gimme 10 mins buddy and ill stick an a1 up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 GoodbyeMrA

Lads, I've got to cram like an absolute sausage tonight. Had a migraine these last few days, barely been able to do exams let alone study (I left it late, but I planned on doing a ton of study from the weekend-Thursday, headaches had other ideas).

So basically, gotta learn the whole course tonight. No big deal, yknow? But what would everyone really recommend studying? I'm definitely gonna go over HRM, Characteristics/Skills - Management/Entrepreneur and Enterprise, and Marketing for Question 6. But can anyone offer some guidance for what else to study? I'm looking for a C3 honestly and I can learn very quickly and I'm pretty good at Business as is and can maybe pass based off study I did a few months ago, not sure.

Any help, seriously appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement