Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Scythica

Akrasia wrote: »
    Pass was forward but the Fans were booing because they didn't want to have to hear that awful music blaring when the try gets awarded

Chelsea dagger should be resigned to the same level of hell as nicklebacks rockstar

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jim Neilly is just awful. It's not his Ulster bias, he's just absolutely clueless.

He's there for the language skills, nothing else.
    It needs someone, not even unbiased, but knowladgable to the extent of recognising decent plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some class on display from Glasgow in the last five minutes.

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Scholes had to do better there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Half time, 9-10 Ulster.

Traditional second half collapse awaits.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

awec wrote: »
    Its BBC Ni, its effectively Ulster rugby TV. Wish people would stop moaning about bias. Of course it's biased.

You should try listening to bbc ALBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Its BBC Ni, its effectively Ulster rugby TV. Wish people would stop moaning about bias. Of course it's biased.

Well that's certainly incorrect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

Jaysus, hard to see Ulster winning this now.

• Advertisement

Is it just me oe is one of the cameras from 1985?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Olding tackled round the neck

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Well that's certainly incorrect

The program itself is called Ulster Rugby Live. It's not called Live Pro 12, or Rugby Live.

Took 10 minutes for Big Jim to go from "abandon all hope" at the 51 minute mark saying Glasgow need to go for the corners to gloating about almost having the 4try BP with "only just over 60 minutes played".

Akrasia wrote: »
    Is it just me oe is one of the cameras from 1985?

The wide angle is so low resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Olding was definitely taken high before that penalty.

Meh. He's telling you what you want to hear so I can see why it doesn't bother you but I'd rather hear some decent commentary from someone who understands what they're looking at.

The program itself is called Ulster Rugby Live. It's not called Live Pro 12, or Rugby Live.

Interesting that you think that's remotely relevant!
    Meh. He's telling you what you want to hear so I can see why it doesn't bother you but I'd rather hear some decent commentary from someone who understands what they're looking at.

Awec and I have a fundamental difference on this issue which is that my license fee and tax shillings go towards paying for this ****e.

Luckily tonight I also have the option of watching the Scottish commentary which is far superior. That's a rare opportunity to avoid the schoolboy nonsense on the other channel.

Wtf is the point of Joe bakarack! When we give away that many pens!

Wtf lacey

• Advertisement

It's funny how delighted Glasgow are with an attendance below 7000, but if munster get less than 10k at a match it's a crisis

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Awec and I have a fundamental difference on this issue which is that my license fee and tax shillings go towards paying for this ****e.

Luckily tonight I also have the option of watching the Scottish commentary which is far superior. That's a rare opportunity to avoid the schoolboy nonsense on the other channel.
    Its BBC ni . Of course it's job is to provide content for the people of NI.

People in England can watch it but that means nothing at all. Literally nothing.

It's a channel for people in Ulster, it amazes me people actually are shocked that an Ulster TV channel, whose remit is to provide Ulster content, is biased towards Ulster.

You can't be serious? It's been absolutely abysmal from them.

We didn't engage the maul, f##k sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Terrible maul call by Lacey. Marshall's bum hit the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

Trust me, Ulster Rugby would have been unwatchable in the dark years without at least the entertainment of Gusher clarifying nothing for anybody.

He is to Ulster Rugby what Ryle Nugent is to getting way too excited in the commentary box.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

not even a bonus point for ulster

Hagz wrote: »
    Terrible maul call by Lacey. Marshall's bum hit the ground.

Lacey has been poor again. Forward pass for their try was awful

Balls.

Not even a LBP is very harsh.

• Advertisement

Its BBC ni . Of course it's job is to provide content for the people of NI.

People in England can watch it but that means nothing at all. Literally nothing.

It's a channel for people in Ulster, it amazes me people actually are shocked that an Ulster TV channel, whose remit is to provide Ulster content, is biased towards Ulster.

Even if that were true, which you'll find people at the BBC arguing it's not (certainly BBC NI when they're looking for help securing rights for these games!), it doesn't excuse the poor standard. As former total said, he's not just biased, he's extremely poor, and that's what's frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement