Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW38 - Match day thread #BoardsFSA v #Burnley #FPLAcademy Team Cup Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Brilliant, final places are confirmed. I've finished in 854, happy days. My ambition at the start of the year was to finish in the top 5k but felt this high would be possible with a lot of luck, in typical glass half empty style all I can remember is all the bad luck I've had.:P I'll be having an early night now and will post more tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭G1032

Thank fcuk that season is over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Final OR of 955. Absolutely delighted, 1st ever top 1k finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

60 pts 20 coming from walcott huge differential 0.4% ownership. Ive just decided on my last Captain choice of the season. A large Captain Morgan and coke to celebrate what was a great day:).
    As ever with FF there is a slight regret if i captained walcott Id have won the harps and bohs league.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Top 5k finish for the first time, delighted but have some regrets too. Guess you can't get everything right though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,155 ✭✭✭✭km79

final rank 98 ,784 I MADE IT :D
    almost have up after gw30 (450k ) but benteke fired me up the rankings with his captain hat trick
    7 green arrows in last 8 and the red was only one for 2k
    Can't wait for next year now!
    a few old favs shall return hopefully like Walcott siggy and Bentekkers!!!!!

see ye for preseason

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

51 for the day gives me a final OR of 18,223. Wrapped up my cash league but somehow there's a bitter taste at having decided against Walcott for a -4 and having Albrighton on the bench. Two weeks running where being conservative on hits has cost me. Oh well, happy with the season on the whole. See you all in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

2nd highest finishing rank for me. 5, 439. Ozil -> Walcott at 11.28am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

51 points for the day, ended up 50 OR, really happy with how the season went, luck seemed to be on my side every week since Christmas almost with 8 green arrows in the last 9.

Best finish prior to this was 45,000 so was not expecting anywhere near this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »
    This is going to be tight. I was 4 pts and 123 places outside the top 1k at the start of play and have just finished with a 49. Squeaky bum time.....

Finished in 978th place.
    1 point less and I was just outside the top1000.

Needless to say i am delighted :):D:D

• Advertisement

up 1,000 places this week for an overall finish of 1649

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any word on CSF after his Walcott wonder transfer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

51 points for the day, ended up 50 OR, really happy with how the season went, luck seemed to be on my side every week since Christmas almost with 8 green arrows in the last 9.

Best finish prior to this was 45,000 so was not expecting anywhere near this

Well done! Top 50 from over 3 million players is a great achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Won my league. Finished at 52k. Wanted to finish inside 50k but sure look, it'll do. Not bad considering I have no interest in football. :pac:

dahat wrote: »
    Any word on CSF after his Walcott wonder transfer?

he didnt win his league rival had cazorla

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

28,537 highest ever

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

1590 final rank, would have taken that with two hands at the beginning of the season. Thrilled to money in the two Boards pay leagues and win the FSA Qualifying league. Roll on July and endless tinkering with the GW1 team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭shano_88

Finished with 8 green arrows and an overall ranking of 2414 which is my best ever!

Finished on 4988, just inside 5k so am delighted! Highest ever finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Finished with a red with 46(-4). Dropped 40 places to finish at 3,401. Absolutely delighted with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

FHFC wrote: »
    You need to get Differential FPL. :)

Well played. Hard luck Hackers.

Edgbaston has a major target on his back for 2015/16!!

Thanks :) I wouldn't have been any the wiser if you hadn't said until I checked later thinking I'd finished 5th! Despair to joy in minutes! IF I had brought in Walcott I possibly could have won the Harps League but delighted with 3rd plus the cup win!

42 points for this GW, OR 1994 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

5,371. Can't really complaint about a highest ever finish. But after having spent 18 or 19 weeks of the season inside 5k it goes down as a slight anticlimax. Especially when I was 5,020 this morning! :)

Target for next season is clear already.

My fledgling FPL record now reads:
    2013/14 - 8,121
    2014/15 - 5,371

So pretty happy with that....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Finished 14.5k overall, up from 105k after GW 24 and 12 greens in the last 14 weeks. Got promotion in FSA league 1 and won the boards pay H2H so a decent season overall after a terrible start.

60 pts 20 coming from walcott huge differential 0.4% ownership. Ive just decided on my last Captain choice of the season. A large Captain Morgan and coke to celebrate what was a great day:).
    As ever with FF there is a slight regret if i captained walcott Id have won the harps and bohs league.

Well done. Great shout on Walcott. I went for Young and Lukaku and both failed miserably.

Hackers wrote: »
    No harm done, I went for glory and it did cost me a few quid! Ended up with €2000+ across all mini leagues so will take that :-)

Well done Hackers. I really should have entered more money leagues! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Jumped 1100 places today to finish at a season high 2,224th delighted with that but not as much as wining the Academy cup!!

2263 points is my second highest after the crazy season that was 09/10 2326 was only good for 12k back then madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I had Walcott in for this game week but unfortunately only had him as vice-captain. I captained Giroud !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

Final or was 2.9k, previous best was 276k so absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

OR of 872 my highest ever, 4th in the boards league. Great year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

jimmii wrote: »
    Jumped 1100 places today to finish at a season high 2,224th delighted with that but not as much as wining the Academy cup!!

2263 points is my second highest after the crazy season that was 09/10 2326 was only good for 12k back then madness!

Team competitions are great craic!

Advertisement