Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Physics 2015 ... predictions, guesses and discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dianabluex

Krydan wrote: »
    How is it terrible?
    It's just ml+ mc(delta)(tithe)= mc(delta)(tithe) + mc(delta)(tithe)

Right?

I love heat , mass given g just mulitply by 10^-3 and for the water and calorimeter temp is final - Initial then the specific of vap or fusion is 100-final ur given heat capacity of water and copper

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

Does anyone have a full list of definitions that would get full marks in HL physics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fisher965

how strict is the marking scheme . If you take a logical approach to a question and obtain a reasonable answer will that merit any marks ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Lads I need to get a C3 help :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Elemonator wrote: »
    Lads I need to get a C3 help :/

For a C3 you need 55%, Section A (the experiments) are worth 30%, if you do anything this weekend please learn the experiments!

For Section B, Mechanics, Modern Physics, WLS and the Option (Particle or Applied Electricity) always appear. I'd focus on those sections if you're looking just for a C3. I'd go over the earlier chapters of Electricity too as there easy and common enough to appear.

• Advertisement

Troxck wrote: »
    For a C3 you need 55%, Section A (the experiments) are worth 30%, if you do anything this weekend please learn the experiments!

For Section B, Mechanics, Modern Physics, WLS and the Option (Particle or Applied Electricity) always appear. I'd focus on those sections if you're looking just for a C3. I'd go over the earlier chapters of Electricity too as there easy and common enough to appear.

You are a legend, thank you! :D

You are a legend, thank you! :D

You'll surprise yourself in the day I say. Check out the physics teacher online, unreal site!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

WLS? What is that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

WLS? What is that?

Waves, Light & Sound, I think.

Nim wrote: »
    Waves, Light & Sound, I think.

Yeah it is, sorry!

I'm starting to worry about the exam, it's the one subject I care about and I really want to do well :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 GuyWithAFace

Hey would I be good with just knowing modern physics, particle physics, electricity/magnetism and mechanics. I plan on doing those questions in section B aswell as short questions. I know them really well and i Know some of heat, light and sound but not as well, I got an A1 in the mock and really hoping I get an A1 in the LC just not too sure if I should bother going over other stuff I might not even need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Hey would I be good with just knowing modern physics, particle physics, electricity/magnetism and mechanics. I plan on doing those questions in section B aswell as short questions. I know them really well and i Know some of heat, light and sound but not as well, I got an A1 in the mock and really hoping I get an A1 in the LC just not too sure if I should bother going over other stuff I might not even need.

Are you also doing Electrostatics? I'd cover that as well, it could easily come up.

If you are doing the short questions, there'll probably be 2-3 light, heat and sound questions. It's going to be hard to get good marks in them for an A1.

I'd suggest you do questions:

Q. 6 Mechanics
    Modern Physics question
    Particle Physics
    Electricity question
    And question 12.

Should be fine, really. I'm covering everything but electricity, and looking for an A1 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Barry1000

Mechanics, WLS, heat, resistance/resistivity. Am I covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jamesplan831

I'm looking for a C3/C2 and I'm confident on the experiments but not at all on the long questions would mechanics WLS and particles physics be enough to get me through it ?

Physics isn't too big we can do it fellas :D
    I would say don't neglect Electricity too much. Is there likely to be a full question on Electromagnetism?

I would say don't neglect Electricity too much. Is there likely to be a full question on Electromagnetism?

its actually nice subject , i used to hate but when u keep the doing the exam question its actually easy cause they repeat the same questions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

I would say there will be a full question on it. There has not been a full question on it for years

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Laurencork

Would I be safe if I don't learn the experiments that came up last year??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Krydan

Laurencork wrote:
    Would I be safe if I don't learn the experiments that came up last year??

You should be. Last year's experiments weren't too bad anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if they decided to troll us and put one up from last year though, seems like something they'd do this year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Laurencork

Krydan wrote: »
    You should be. Last year's experiments weren't too bad anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if they decided to troll us and put one up from last year though, seems like something they'd do this year ;)

Yeah I was looking at the papers and the potential difference experiment came up two years in a row.! I'm just trying to eliminate some experiments as I only have today and tomorrow to cram ! :( all I want is a D1 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 lala0815

I reckon a long heat question in section B...what do you guys think ?

lala0815 wrote: »
    I reckon a long heat question in section B...what do you guys think ?

I'm thinking experiment.
    Dianabluex wrote: »
    its actually nice subject , i used to hate but when u keep the doing the exam question its actually easy cause they repeat the same questions :pac:

I failed it in the mock but apparently they were all marked wrong :/ just hope I can get a D1 in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 15 uzpuz

Is anyone doing applied electricity apart from me?

uzpuz wrote: »
    Is anyone doing applied electricity apart from me?

I think like 98% of the cohort do the Particle Physics option. I really wanted to do Applied Electricity but my teacher said he always did Particle so I just stuck it out...

I really wish Physics wasn't a 100% written terminal exam. I wish it had some other component in it, like what we did at JC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 uzpuz

I think like 98% of the cohort do the Particle Physics option. I really wanted to do Applied Electricity but my teacher said he always did Particle so I just stuck it out...

I really wish Physics wasn't a 100% written terminal exam. I wish it had some other component in it, like what we did at JC.

My teacher also does particle but I'm more inclined towards applied so I'll do it.
    I hope there isn't anything novel or new to our exam and its more adapted from past papers like it has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Barry1000

Full x-rays question anyone think?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Barry1000 wrote: »
    Full x-rays question anyone think?

My mock would agree with you, Barry.

radioactivity as a long question been awhile , hopeful it comes up , *praying * >.<

Dianabluex wrote: »
    radioactivity as a long question been awhile , hopeful it comes up , *praying * >.<

I'd prefer the Electron as a long Modern Physics Q but it looks more like radioactivity will come up :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Do you have to know the particles under the particle headings like Leptons, Mesons and Baryons?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement