Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaiety Cinema

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

johnire wrote: »
    It’s a dump of a place. I generally go to Carrick-on-Shannon now. It’s a lovely cinema and properly run.
    Going to try Carrick next time, hopefully it's worth the drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Yes, popcorn always stale too and sitting around in black bin bags, ugh.

That actually happens? :eek: I thought was just hear say..

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

job seeker wrote: »
    Yes, popcorn always stale too and sitting around in black bin bags, ugh.

That actually happens? :eek: I thought was just hear say..
    Seen it several times now. I doubt black bin bags are food safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I go to Bundoran myself. Cleaner cinema, friendly staff, better class of customer as have been subjected to unruly kids in Sligo too.

Sligo staff don't give a damn, they're almost always irritated looking when serving no matter how polite you are as a customer. Popcorn is always off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I go to Bundoran myself. Cleaner cinema, friendly staff, better class of customer as have been subjected to unruly kids in Sligo too.

Sligo staff don't give a damn, they're almost always irritated looking when serving no matter how polite you are as a customer. Popcorn is always off too.

Agree, but the only gripe I have is that the sound proofing could be better to stop the leakage from the other movies playing in the next room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

Seen it several times now. I doubt black bin bags are food safe!

I worked in the cinema in Liffey Valley almost 20 years ago and that's how popcorn was stored there, too. You'd make loads of the stuff, fill up the bags, (some were clear plastic, some black) and dump them into the heated glass cases when necessary. Worst job I ever had. You'd reek of butter after every shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

T-Bird wrote: »
    Agree, but the only gripe I have is that the sound proofing could be better to stop the leakage from the other movies playing in the next room.

True, can't say I notice it anymore though. I must have learned to deal with it 😂 Went to see Avengers Endgame and was very comfortable. Always go the the late shows so maybe not as many screens running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    True, can't say I notice it anymore though. I must have learned to deal with it 😂 Went to see Avengers Endgame and was very comfortable. Always go the the late shows so maybe not as many screens running.

They were the 8.30 Monday special offers and quiet period films. Saying that I think their sound system is better than Sligo's imax.

Advertisement