Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Airfryer €179.99 @ Curry's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,058 ✭✭✭✭unkel

amber2 wrote: »
    I'm with you, plus you can order spare parts for Philips

There's something to say for this, particularly if you can fix it yourself with a new part

I once bought a new cartridge for a 20 year old Philips turntable and it was very reasonably priced too

I believe Mercedes-Benz still sell all parts for all the cars they've ever made :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Pseudorandom

Thinking of picking up the basic model tomorrow.

Can someone explain what the difference is between the basic and the more expensive model except for the digital timer vs dial?

Also, for those who were saying they make steak and chips in theirs - do you do them separately or together? It just seems to be one basket so it seems like you'd have to do chips first then steak?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You can do them together, if you're googling you'll see a basket divider included in the pack for separating the food but the tight cnuts removed it from the UK and Ireland ones. It doesn't matter though you can have the steak on the bottom on one side and the chips on the other. Really as long as you give it a couple of shakes while cooking to keep everything separate and loose you can just fill her up and it will all cook.

Halogen ovens come with a lot of accessories for putting one piece of meat on the bottom and another on the top then veg on top of that etc, must keep an eye out for something like that as it would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 delta42

My digital one came with a metal rack that I find very useful. I can do wedges in the basket and salmon darned on a small Pyrex lid on the rack. I can also have some chicken fillets in the basket and some on the rack. I don't think this rack comes with the basic model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Thinking of picking up the basic model tomorrow.

Can someone explain what the difference is between the basic and the more expensive model except for the digital timer vs dial?

Also, for those who were saying they make steak and chips in theirs - do you do them separately or together? It just seems to be one basket so it seems like you'd have to do chips first then steak?

Don't have one, but afaik the basic one is 1400w and fits up to 0.8kg, the digital one is 2100w and fits 1.2kg
    Edit- actually looking at specs on different sites it seems the digital model comes in -at least- 2 sizes one being the same size as the basic one, so not sure if anything but the controls are different...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭wandererz

Expert have this listed for 169.
    My wife walked into Curry's and asked them to match the price ...and they did!!

Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lidl have an airfryer next week for €79. There own brand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭wandererz

flyguy wrote: »
    Don't have one, but afaik the basic one is 1400w and fits up to 0.8kg, the digital one is 2100w and fits 1.2kg
    Edit- actually looking at specs on different sites it seems the digital model comes in -at least- 2 sizes one being the same size as the basic one, so not sure if anything but the controls are different...

The ones available in Ireland are 0.8kg in both versions.

The 1.2kg is the HD9240/90 model. But it's £235 on Amazon!

Useful if you needed to cook larger items i guess. But i have 2 other ovens anyway for those larger bits.

We just did hamburgers in this (beef patties straight from the butcher), complete with cheese and veg and unbelievable how little mess and effort is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is this in Harvey Norman for €109?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

Yes- it was €109 in h Normans last week anyway- friend of mine bought 1 & is very happy with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

Yes- it was €109 in h Normans last week anyway- friend of mine bought 1 & is very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Picked one from HN yesterday for 109, "fried" fish and fries in it yesterday, very happy with the results.

Mines already paid for itself because I don't go to the takeaway anymore for fish and chips and that kind of thing, its too easy to do it at home exactly as I want now, a lot healthier aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

flyguy wrote: »

It's priced at 109 there but I was in a HN today (Swords) and it was priced at 129.

I would really like to get one but my kitchen is tiny and I don't know where I'd put it.

It's priced at 109 there but I was in a HN today (Swords) and it was priced at 129.

It says 129 on the shelf but when you take it to the counter or ask the staff its 109.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

£85 on amazon lightning deals now 3 hours left

If it's the same model, that's still more expensive than 109 in Harvey Norman.

Stg 85 = euro 118

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I purchased one of these a couple of years ago and it's one of the best kitchen appliances I've ever purchased. Chips are tasty and far healthier IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Anyone know if the one in Lidl is basically the same thing (size etc.) as the Philips model?

Pretty sure both are 2.2 liters from what I read on HUKD but dont quote me...

EDIT: Actually its 2.2 for the Philips and 2.3 for Lidl.

Saw this going for 110 in DID today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

toss up between this and sonos play 1 today in HN,

sonos play won today,

healthy eating next time!!

Anyone know if there's still a deal on this anywhere? Back to 150 in HN.

Anyone know if there's still a deal on this anywhere? Back to 150 in HN.

On the shelf it says 150 but when you go to the counter its 110. That was the case 2 weeks ago anyway. ..

Down to £49.99 now!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Airfryer-Healthier/dp/B0042EU3A2

Bargain of the year right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thargor wrote: »
    Down to £49.99 now!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Airfryer-Healthier/dp/B0042EU3A2

Bargain of the year right there.

Thats the older non digital version, I thought it was the newer digital version and almost bought it, still a great price for the older model.

• Advertisement

Oh crap I though this was the thread I made before about the non-digital version sorry, ah well theres enough threads about them clogging the place up now anyway.

Advertisement