Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lead ball mould.

Options
  • 13-05-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Anyone know anywhere in ireland one can be bought 10mm and smaller only- cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

The on-line 'auction' site is your friend.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

tac foley wrote: »
    The on-line 'auction' site is your friend.

tac

I thought so too but the cheapest model costs almost 30quid new- that's with like 12 quid postage so I was waiting to see if I could get one at home.

I'm not familiar with metric-sized balls moulds, since I only cast them to suit my .44/.45cal BP revolvers, but 10mm is a very small ball...the nearest you are likely to find is one that makes a ball for a .32cal revolver - that's it.

Is this for catapult use?

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with metric-sized balls moulds, since I only cast them to suit my .44/.45cal BP revolvers, but 10mm is a very small ball...the nearest you are likely to find is one that makes a ball for a .32cal revolver - that's it.

Is this for catapult use?

tac

Yes it is- I think 10 mm is about .38

I'm sure to be put right, but possession of a bullet mould that you actually use for making bullets, might be problematical in the Republic, where, AFAIK, nobody either has or shoots a black powder revolver, but perfectly reasonable in the north.

I'm sorry than I can't help you more, as you note, they cost around £25 here on the mainland, and add a couple of quid to mail it to you - IF you live in the North.
    Henry Krank of Pudsey Yorkshire has them in profusion.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

I thought so too but the cheapest model costs almost 30quid new- that's with like 12 quid postage so I was waiting to see if I could get one at home.

do you expect everything for nothing?

lakesider wrote: »
    do you expect everything for nothing?

No mate not at all- but I figured I'd see if you can get one cheap here first cause if your ordering online you can get a much better one for not much more-

Plus why would you say somethingike that - quite offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

No mate not at all- but I figured I'd see if you can get one cheap here first cause if your ordering online you can get a much better one for not much more-

Plus why would you say somethingike that - quite offensive.

well your looking for the antlers for free and you have another post up looking for brass for free yet you sell the finished product,nice business model there mate..:rolleyes:

lakesider wrote: »
    well your looking for the antlers for free and you have another post up looking for brass for free yet you sell the finished product,nice business model there mate..:rolleyes:

Yeh mate so what- I've no problem with that- I've given free stuff away more times than I can count- I've also gifted catapults to youth clubs in England and also to competitions, I make catties to enjoy myself, what's the point in paying for a hobbies if there is someone out there that will give it yah for nothing- your doing them a favour by taking unwanted items off their hands- if you think that's bad mate you'd want too take a look at the free section on adverts !!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

OP is better off looking at fishing weights as lead ball moulds will be almost impossible to get here due to Ireland not having ammunition manufacturing or reloading in place.

Plus the thread's civility level is dropping dramatically.

Thread closed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement