Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland to assist in migrant crisis in the Med.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

Is that the lad you reported to Facebook or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Is that the lad you reported to Facebook or something?

No but I remember this case I was living near Mallow at the time. .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Gatling wrote: »
    Alot to be said about so called background checks wouldn't you agree if a violent rapist can just arrive on a student visa

How about no Visa at all? Many Europeans arrive here and they are not vetted whatsoever, maybe we should close borders to them too.
    Of course, no Irish person is a violent rapist...:rolleyes:
    It's funny how the no side likes to portray all refugees as violent Islamic terrorists, murderers and rapists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭MorpheusKnight

How about no Visa at all? Many Europeans arrive here and they are not vetted whatsoever, maybe we should close borders to them too.
    It's funny how the no side likes to portray all refugees as violent Islamic terrorists, murderers and rapists.

Once you are in the EU, you can move around the EU.

It's funny how people here come to the defence of these scum

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3095906/Hundreds-Bangladeshis-fly-Britain-ONE-DAY-claim-housing-benefit-massive-fraud-racket-smashed-police.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

We have plenty of scumbags in Ireland. It's not a good argument for importing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Nodin wrote: »
    Imagine for a second he was American. He arrives here and does what he did. It then turns out he's wanted in America for murder in a state with the death penalty. He would still not be sent back, unless guarantees were given the death sentence will not be sought. Same in all EU states.

In that case that person should also be send back. American, Non European, Australian or whatever, commit a violent crime here and you are not an Irish citizen you should be sent back to your country of origin.

The UN treaty that Ireland signed is being abused, so Ireland should ignore it in these instances. What will the UN do? Wave their figure at us, send a letter to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I highlighted one individual case .

I could high light many more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3095906/Hundreds-Bangladeshis-fly-Britain-ONE-DAY-claim-housing-benefit-massive-fraud-racket-smashed-police.html

What's even funnier is how you can see these posts defending them and I can't.

• Advertisement

What's even funnier is how you can see these posts defending them and I can't.

No surprise there, Nodin.

People only see what they want to see.

I am still waiting for an answer to Post 1076 and Posts 1072/ 1073 still haven't been resolved satisfactorily.

Quell surprise.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95585031&postcount=1072

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95585062&postcount=1073

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95585191&postcount=1076

And let's not forget Post 1092
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95592079&postcount=1092

Because Post 1100 is not an answer
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95610523&postcount=1100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ireland doesn't have enough social housing to accommodate the Irish people who need housing. We have a problem with homelessness. Our hospitals don't have enough funding and our people are emigrating. We should not be accepting any illegal immigrants. I think that European countries being forced to provide for these North Africans is the wrong way of tackling the problem as it provides added incentives for people to pay traffickers to smuggle them. Frankly I think they should be immediately sent back to their countries of origin as soon as they are caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭IrishTrajan

Ireland is not part of the Schengen Area, they have to bring passports with them. If they didn't have passports (you need a security vetting to get one, no?) then you don't get in. Even the UK (whom we have a Common Travel Area with) require passports on arrival, unless they're coming from the North.

If an Irish person is a violent rapist, they are prosecuted in this country. If an immigrant does it, they should not be housed/imprisoned here, they should be thrown out of the country. How in the fúck is someone born here, who has citizenship and constitutional rights, the same as someone who immigrates and then breaks the law? "Hey, I'd like to stay in your house, but first I'm going to rape your daughter". It's madness.

It's nothing to do with all of them. We've discussed the economic downside to taking them in, but the "Yes" side doesn't want to deal with it, you just stick your fingers in your ears and scream "racist!", so of course people are going to swing to more illogical arguments when the logical ones are being ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Ireland doesn't have enough social housing to accommodate the Irish people who need housing. We have a problem with homelessness. Our hospitals don't have enough funding and our people are emigrating. We should not be accepting any illegal immigrants. I think that European countries being forced to provide for these North Africans is the wrong way of tackling the problem as it provides added incentives for people to pay traffickers to smuggle them. Frankly I think they should be immediately sent back to their countries of origin as soon as they are caught.

Spot-on Pumkinseeds.

Pay a little less interest in the supposed fleeing migrants,and instead target those well resourced and highly adept Businesspeople who use their,well developed,pre-existing "connections" to set the stage for their own particular customers.

The beastly Brits,know this and their desire to use a bit of Gunboat Diplomacy is the most realistic response,IF the ending of this scam is the actual priority ?

It's always worth reminding ourselves of the Postergirl for Irelands need to state it's claim to be THE location of maximum sympathy and care for the poor oppressed foreigner....bearing in mind our need to portray ourselves as morally superior to our former Colonial Rulers...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62885119

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85924470

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59578129

I'm putting my Tin Helmet on now in anticipation of spluttery return fire,but one of the great unanswered questions of PI's lengthy scam,remains the identity of the Businessman who facilitated her targeting of our little Republic,as well as her reasons for so doing....can anybody direct me to the fallout shelter....:o

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

How in the bugger is NATO (which we're not a member of)'s actions something we should be responsible for? Ireland doesn't have the capability to police its own air lanes, doesn't even have the capabilities to watch its own air corridor (which is incredibly, incredibly busy) never mind be an instrumental partner in a bombing or land campaign.

If you're going to use the military-shtick, you might want to canvas for us actually having a military that you can blame first.

Irish people seem to want to be american so badly and feel irish people should suffer white guilt, recognise their non existent white privilege transported from the the US of A and feel guilty about american bombing campaigns in the ME. Just because we are a western country doesn't mean we are american. We don't have the same history as other western countries and should be under no obligation to take in refugees as some sort of penance for colonialism which we never took part in.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I'm putting my Tin Helmet on now in anticipation of spluttery return fire,but one of the great unanswered questions of PI's lengthy scam,remains the identity of the Businessman who facilitated her targeting of our little Republic,as well as her reasons for so doing....can anybody direct me to the fallout shelter....:o

She was some woman. Even organising marriages for her fellow citizens that were on the verge of deportation. Even when she was on the verge of deportation herself.
    The ceremony was organised by high-profile failed asylum-seeker Pamela Izevbekhai, who was later deported after a six-year battle that cost the state €1m in legal fees.

The Nigerian mother of two had used fake documents to back up a claim that she had a child who died after being subjected to female genital mutilation.
    On relationship with Pamela Izevbekhai, Samson said: ‘I know Pamela from when we were in Sligo. She was at my wedding, she was the one that made the arrangements.

To be honest she is a very good woman, she saw that she can help this country and she did everything for my wedding to be in order.’ 

http://www.evoke.ie/news/jacqueline-conway-irish-mother-warns-women-not-to-marry-an-asylum-seeker/

Mad stuff.

Nodin would change his tune if such a character was rehoused beside his girlfriend, family member or female friend.

Why do you think this ?

I suspect this fellow would react positively to some soothing voices...with perhaps offers of companionship,lessons in basketweaving,saving turf and lamping rabbits.

All lads like this require,is somebody to hold and comfort them,and quite importantly,to provide them with money and other necessities....

The only niggling question would be WHO's money would be used and who's stuff would be shared with the poor unfortunate New Neighbour.....;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

So, is the idea to completely seal the borders, take in no refugees of any description and basically say "not our problem"?

So, is the idea to completely seal the borders, take in no refugees of any description and basically say "not our problem"?

We have free movement with some 500 million fellow EU citizens. Hardly 'closed borders'. If anyone else wants to come here they should be either highly skilled in areas our labour market needs, be a genuine student or a genuine asylum seeker.

If Italy can't cope with the numbers coming there then perhaps they shouldn't have decriminalised illegal immigration and took such a lax attitude for so long. If Sweden and Germany are under pressure, welp, that's their beeswax. If you wanna play humanitarian superpower then this is the inevitable result.

Not our problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭IrishTrajan

We do take in refugees. We don't want hundreds of thousands of god damn illegal ECONOMIC migrants to be rewarded for breaking the law by crossing the Mediterranean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

They are not refugees, they are illegal economic migrants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No surprise there, Nodin.

You lied oul flower, simple as that. You were asked for proof and provided none.

You lied oul flower, simple as that. You were asked for proof and provided none.

Is Ireland a western nation?

Yes. ?

Or

No?

The "Not our Problem" bit may stick in a few craws,but given Irelands relative lack of input to ANY part of the regions socio/political development,it is undisputedly TRUE.

So,although not what was implied at all,but now that YOU mention it,perhaps worth considering as a viable alternative to opening those same borders to all & sundry...or are you suggesting it's only the duskier foreigners we embrace ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭DeadHand

AlekSmart wrote: »
    duskier foreigners we embrace ?

Funny how the great humanity displayed by the Left for the plight of the predominately economic migrants illegally invading Europe doesn't extend to white African farmers being officially robbed by greedy, incompetent governments and ethnically cleansed by their countrymen. It doesn't extend to the ancient Christian populations suffering an ongoing genocide all over the Middle East. It doesn't extend to the productive, peaceful Jewish populations being routed out of European cities at a rate not seen since the thirties by their increasingly militant, burgeoning Muslim neighbours.

Some causes are just cooler than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

He should be sent back though; American, Eritrean or anything else. No way should this person become our responsibility.
    no he shouldn't if its to a place with the death penalty. countries with the death penalty lose any right to have their suspects returned

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Nodin would change his tune if such a character was rehoused beside his girlfriend, family member or female friend.
    how do you know that. anything to prove what he would think?

Gatling wrote: »
    rightly so as he would be found guilty just because, most likely on dubious or made up evidence knowing murika when it comes to terror suspects

what "scum" your link is the daily mail. i wouldn't believe a word that comes out of that hate filled hysterical rabel rousing gutter trash rag

• Advertisement

Eutow wrote: »
    In that case that person should also be send back. American, Non European, Australian or whatever, commit a violent crime here and you are not an Irish citizen you should be sent back to your country of origin.

The UN treaty that Ireland signed is being abused, so Ireland should ignore it in these instances. What will the UN do? Wave their figure at us, send a letter to us?
    bankrupt us if need be. send them back when the death penalty isn't in their country of origine, otherwise no

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement