Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW37 Captain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Not convinced any of my Arsenal players are better shouts than Ageuro

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

naughtb4 wrote: »

Is Sanchez one of those

CSF wrote: »
    Is Sanchez one of those

I wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Think you'd have to have a fairly rag tag bunch of Arsenal players for that to be the case!

jimmii wrote: »
    Think you'd have to have a fairly rag tag bunch of Arsenal players for that to be the case!

Dunno, Giroud is in awful form and Bellarin/Kos are defenders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dunno, Giroud is in awful form and Bellarin/Kos are defenders

Yeh the Giroud form would definitely be a worry and defensive players urgh tough spot! I think Kosc has a little higher points expectancy but Aguero obviously has a much higher ceiling! If I was in your spot I would be captaining Giroud despite the lack of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

At first I thought "Gamble? Sure loads of us will have him." Then I realised this was the captain thread.

THE CAPTAIN THREAD!!!!!

;)

Are you warming to the idea?
    This would make a PVA 15 pointer against Leicester a little less sweet since you'd overtake me!

Well, depending on how your captain does! The Arsenal rotation is pretty scary for me and I think i'll stay away from them
    Sir/Madam.

I very much like the cut of your jib. I find your ideas intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter :)

Kind regards,

Mr.P

PS. I'm almost sold on the idea already :D

The idea of having someone who has 2 games in the GW and has everything to play for is very appealing. Throw in the added clean sheet alternative, the high ranking BPS and his attacking threat the last couple of GW's... It is very appealing!

John O'Shea is back in the squad and Wes Brown is unavailable - This makes me extremely said :(

Ignore the shambolic impact of JOS?
    Talk to me Mr.P .. Talk to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Are you warming to the idea?

Not yet :D

I think a DGW is the best time to use a defender as captain, but it is Sunderland. He could end up with minus points away to Arsenal (although it is Arsenal -- they could lose too)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dont have Sanchez or Aguero, neither can I afford them. Was going to save a transfer for next week to can try and bring in Aguero to finish big.

So that pretty much leaves either Cazorla or Giroud for this week.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Following the herd - Sanchez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

cant decide between Giroud, Aguero, Hazard or Ozil, im 30 points behind my rival

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Henwin wrote: »
    cant decide between Giroud, Aguero, Hazard or Ozil, im 30 points behind my rival

I'm in a similar position and had every intention to take a risk with my captain as my rival will 99.9% captain sanchez. I've taught about it some more and have decided to captain sanchez myself and hope that kane,wickham,ramsey and henderson all payers he doesnt have, do something of note and make up some ground for me.

If successful I'll take a captain risk next week for the final fixture and try bring it home. What do you think lads, smart or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I have it on PVA as it stands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm in a similar position and had every intention to take a risk with my captain as my rival will 99.9% captain sanchez. I've taught about it some more and have decided to captain sanchez myself and hope that kane,wickham,ramsey and henderson all payers he doesnt have, do something of note and make up some ground for me.

If successful I'll take a captain risk next week for the final fixture and try bring it home. What do you think lads, smart or not ?

Those are good differentials. As I've argued back page or two, I don't think the risk vs reward of a differential captain stacks up well this particular week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

FHFC wrote: »
    Those are good differentials. As I've argued back page or two, I don't think the risk vs reward of a differential captain stacks up well this particular week.

Exactly and not to mention if things go wrong and the differential captain doesn't deliver, You've more than likely put yourself out of the running for the final fixture.

The next gw has some pretty tasteful differentials for anyone who's within 30 to 40 points, it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Me to. Cant believe the amount of people going for Sanchez for captain. I think it'll be a UTD win and sanchez is locked out. As for Sunderland...........theyre in a relegation battle so they will be up for it big time. Gotta stick with Ageuro here

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

I've gone with Ozil

Advertisement