Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW37 Captain

Options
  • 12-05-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

It's the penultimate GW and last DGW of the season, folks. Make or break time for some, while others are the Chelsea of their MLs and on cruise control.

Who are you captaining? 140 votes

Giroud
    0% 0 votes
    Sanchez
    12% 18 votes
    Ramsey
    70% 98 votes
    Cazorla
    5% 7 votes
    Ozil
    4% 6 votes
    Defoe
    1% 2 votes
    Wickham
    0% 1 vote
    Graham
    0% 0 votes
    Gomez
    0% 0 votes
    Aguero
    0% 0 votes
    Kane
    5% 7 votes
    Gerrard
    0% 1 vote
    Hazard
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

Will be an interesting choice for captain. I'm tempted to leave it on Aguero despite Sanchez's double.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dónal wrote: »
    Will be an interesting choice for captain. I'm tempted to leave it on Aguero despite Sanchez's double.

Swansea may well roll out their 4-6-0 formation again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Alexei Sayle

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Before last night Sanchez was nailed on, now it's looking increasingly more like Ramsey for the armband. Though I probably should captain who I think my rival will, Sanchez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Ramsey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ramsey is very tempting but as noted in the other thread Wilshire in particular does threaten his gametime (sub off before 60 peril!) and position (dropped back to the pivot last night when Wilshire came on).

He is very lively looking and usually the second player into the box after Giroud if he's not the one supplying the ball in. I fancy him for a big haul soon, but wary he could be rotated, or more likely subbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    Ramsey is very tempting but as noted in the other thread Wilshire in particular does threaten his gametime (sub off before 60 peril!) and position (dropped back to the pivot last night when Wilshire came on).

He is very lively looking and usually the second player into the box after Giroud if he's not the one supplying the ball in. I fancy him for a big haul soon, but wary he could be rotated, or more likely subbed.

I'm not too concerned about his gametime, I think he's up there (just shy) with Sanchez in importance and others will be subbed ahead of him. I expect him to be subbed over the next two but I think it'll be against Sunderland when/if Arsenal have it in the bag. The deeper role isn't ideal but he still got forward plenty.

I think he's on for a big one soon but none of my rivals have him so he probably won't get the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If you own sanchez and are leading your pay league you have to captain him. He is the standout choice same way aguero was last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,000 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It has to be Sanchez IMO. DGW aside, Bony will probably play against Swansea and I don't think that is good for Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've spoken about Theo earlier on but perhaps I should get Ramsey and captain him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ramsey/Giroud?? Though something tells me I should leave it on Aguero!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

manual_man wrote: »
    Ramsey/Giroud?? Though something tells me I should leave it on Aguero!!

I have Giroud and he's well down my list after recent performances. If Welbeck is back and match fit then I'm just praying Giroud gets 120+ mins

PARlance wrote: »
    I have Giroud and he's well down my list after recent performances. If Welbeck is back and match fit then I'm just praying Giroud gets 120+ mins

I know it was vs QPR, but Agueros performance was terrific, possibly his best of the season. He scored in the previous 3 league games too. Its hard to ignore form like that. City should be fresher too, especially after Swansea's toil in London on Monday evening... Ramsey has looked very lively lately and maybe I'm a bit tempted by him... And if he starts just 1 of the 2 games... That's likely to be A to Man U isn't it... Mehhhhhhhhh

I've spoken about Theo earlier on but perhaps I should get Ramsey and captain him :)

I'm thinking captaining Rambo could be my differential roll of the dice this week. As Busts says if you are leading Sanchez is pretty much compulsory. But I'm not, in fact I'm not really in the running in any of the pay leagues I am in apart from a small work one which is pretty much sewn up.

I'd be gambling my OR a wee bit to see if I could bounce back into having a shout in those leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Two ahead of me will likely go Sanchez/Ramsey as captains (10 points down)

Any advice on going Giroud/Kos, or am i better of just getting one of the above in and matching?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Two ahead of me will likely go Sanchez/Ramsey as captains (10 points down)

Any advice on going Giroud/Kos, or am i better of just getting one of the above in and matching?

How do you teams compare? Kosc or Giroud are a decent shout if you need to be looking at an alternative to Sanchez. Got to roll the dice at this point to try make up a few points! You do need to be prepared for it fail though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

jimmii wrote: »
    How do you teams compare? Kosc or Giroud are a decent shout if you need to be looking at an alternative to Sanchez. Got to roll the dice at this point to try make up a few points! You do need to be prepared for it fail though.

Think you are right.

Aguero, Hazard, Southampton defender each.
    I have Benteke/Silva as my main differences who could help me make it up.
    They have an Arse def and mid and would expect them to get one more in this week.

Sure if it blows up i likely wouldnt have caught them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

PVA - has been getting very close to some attacking returns, is always up there for some BPS and Sunderland are fighting for their lives!

Did I mention that this is a gamble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Chesty08 wrote: »
    PVA - has been getting very close to some attacking returns, is always up there for some BPS and Sunderland are fighting for their lives!

At first I thought "Gamble? Sure loads of us will have him." Then I realised this was the captain thread.

THE CAPTAIN THREAD!!!!!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

This would make a PVA 15 pointer against Leicester a little less sweet since you'd overtake me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Think you are right.

Aguero, Hazard, Southampton defender each.
    I have Benteke/Silva as my main differences who could help me make it up.
    They have an Arse def and mid and would expect them to get one more in this week.

Sure if it blows up i likely wouldnt have caught them anyway

At this stage a maverick captain is about all that can be really done due to dgws teams are looking very similar. Sanchez looks to be the obvious choice this week but if all three of you captain him you have 0% chance of making up ground there whereas if its giroud he may only outscore Sanchez 30% of the time by more than a point but that is mean you are making up points pretty often.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sir/Madam.

I very much like the cut of your jib. I find your ideas intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter :)

Kind regards,

Mr.P

PS. I'm almost sold on the idea already :D

settled on Aguero. just cant bring myself to put it on Rambo or Giroud (or PVA:pac::pac:)

settled on Aguero. just cant bring myself to put it on Rambo or Giroud (or PVA:pac::pac:)

There goes my hope that you'll help me out in the Boards Pay H2H :P (I'd actually be thrilled if Aguero has another 15 pointer or so).

There goes my hope that you'll help me out in the Boards Pay H2H :P (I'd actually be thrilled if Aguero has another 15 pointer or so).

whats the situation there??

i expect Kun to score with the form he's in. Giroud's form is awful, and whereas Rambo looks sharp there's always a fitness worry with him as well as possible rotation (chance increased with Wilshere back)

I don't know how much it's worth a diferential captain punt this week. Sanchez is at 73% here are 68 or so on FFS. Any differential succeeding wildly is based on Sanchez blanking. If you did somebody mad like PVA and got 15 points it would be fun, but if Sanchez got even one goal and a CS he'd be likely to hit 10 points so you'd only gain 5 on a Sanchez captainer. On the other side of the coin, if PVA ends up with 4 and Sanchez scores a couple and gets an assist you could be looking at loss of 15 points easily.

On stats and form banking your whole week, or making your big play to catch a lead based on Sanchez doing zip in two games seems a big risk for modest potential reward. I think you need to look to differentials elsewhere for this week and follow the crowd on the captaincy.

If there was no stand out captain, or it wasn't a dgw there'd be more to be gained from a captain punt.

Mr P, I realise you are pretty disappointed in me right now, and sad as that makes me it had to be said.....

whats the situation there??

i expect Kun to score with the form he's in. Giroud's form is awful, and whereas Rambo looks sharp there's always a fitness worry with him as well as possible rotation (chance increased with Wilshere back)

I'm 4 points behind AdpRo who you play this GW. I'm sure he'll captain Sanchez which is who I also fancy to do the best

I'm 4 points behind AdpRo who you play this GW. I'm sure he'll captain Sanchez which is who I also fancy to do the best

Ah its really hard 2 tell... Sanchez himself could be rested (he's probably due one!). If Arsenal manage to beat Man U on Sunday (and therefore wrap up automatic champs league qualification, we could well see wholesale changes for the game v Sunderland

Don't have Sanchez and honestly yeah i'd captain him if i did... Aguero tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

The leader of my league is 25 points ahead of me and has been copying my transfers to block me, smart man. Last week he brought in benteke and this week he'll more than likely bring in ramsey. I'm pretty sure he'll captain sanchez though so I'm going to have to take a risk, more than likely its ramsey but I'm not sure.

Might take punt on kane or bring in giroud for ramsey, either way I've nothing to lose now.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The leader of my league is 25 points ahead of me and has been copying my transfers to block me, smart man. Last week he brought in benteke and this week he'll more than likely bring in ramsey. I'm pretty sure he'll captain sanchez though so I'm going to have to take a risk, more than likely its ramsey but I'm not sure.

Might take punt on kane or bring in giroud for ramsey, either way I've nothing to lose now.:mad:

25 pts is nothing lads in my leagues have gained 50 odd points in one week .Last week somebody got 30 pts on me with 3 or 4 different players. I'd suggest captain your best option. Not captaining your best option is like benching your best defender it's not something I'd suggest particularly in a dgw.

Advertisement