Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 in 7 dope for IM

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

tunney wrote: »

Dave Is this not a guy a cyclist who was trying to go pro or trying to make a living from it which you are comparing to Irish amatuer athletes who work full time and do it as a pastime like the majority of the 10k TI members in Ireland? Am not being naive i just dont think you are comparing like with like

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Dave Is this not a guy a cyclist who was trying to go pro or trying to make a living from it which you are comparing to Irish amatuer athletes who work full time and do it as a pastime like the majority of the 10k TI members in Ireland? Am not being naive i just dont think you are comparing like with like

I beg to differ. I think you are being naive.
    But hey I know you well enough to know your mind is not for changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I beg to differ. I think you are being naive.
    But hey I know you well enough to know your mind is not for changing.

I agree Ireland has an above average level of bribery in business, so it would not really be a suprise if it transfers into sport .

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

Do they (TI) actually test anyone outside top athletes? I mean do they normally go to races like Athy or HOW and conduct random tests for AGs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Tom__jnr2 wrote: »
    Do they (TI) actually test anyone outside top athletes? I mean do they normally go to races like Athy or HOW and conduct random tests for AGs?

I've seen it happen, yeah.

• Advertisement

BTH wrote: »
    I've seen it happen, yeah.

Add have I but it's not ti. Its the ISC afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

Add have I but it's not ti. Its the ISC afaik

Out of curiosity, did any AG fail it?

Tom__jnr2 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, did any AG fail it?

AFAIK you have to go back a while but yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

peter kern wrote: »
    I agree Ireland has an above average level of bribery in business, so it would not really be a suprise if it transfers into sport .

I wouldnt say we are above average, I'd just say others are better at getting away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

rooneyjm wrote: »
    I wouldnt say we are above average, I'd just say others are better at getting away with it.

if you compare ireland with eastern european or african countries you are correct ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=5553918;page=1;mh=-1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC

interesting read on this over on slowtwitch .usual fun was had, but the underlying message is there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

and i'm pretty sure there was random testing before lough cutra last year. pulling people on their way into T1 to set up

Advertisement