Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S5E5 - Kill The Boy - HAVE NOT READ the books.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Nody wrote: »
    How good and any particular area? This is an world map that's quite simple overview to help grasp the general locations for example.

5c1e48cbb3611b1c9518f4b33a11b7b5.jpg

Thanks for that. Nowhere in particular Nody, I like having a general poke around, I couldn't find Valyria on Bing maps :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭emo72

Nobody mentioned the new girls.
    The young girls from dorne look like **** hot warriors. They'll have a future no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭emo72

emo72 wrote: »
    The young girls from dorne look like **** hot warriors. They'll have a future no doubt.

And does little finger know that his brothel has been raided and he is going back to a trap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Slightly off topic question but would anyone have a link to a good online map of the Game of Thrones world? I did Google but didn't find the results great.

Also have alook at these:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/1/10/WorldofIceandFire.png
    http://amapoficeandfire.com/home/
    http://quartermaester.info/
    http://gameofthrones.playgis.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Thanks for that. Nowhere in particular Nody, I like having a general poke around, I couldn't find Valyria on Bing maps :pac:
    Here's a map with most locations placed on Westeros. The place of cities is mostly accurate, some speculative but all realistic based on the books and show. It doesn't show past Qarth but it's the most detailed map you'll find on the net.

http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/versions/speculative_map.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Slightly off topic question but would anyone have a link to a good online map of the Game of Thrones world? I did Google but didn't find the results great.

This is the best one I've found.

http://quartermaester.info/

Now word of warning. As we are in a non readers thread this map if you click the wrong option can easily contain spoilers. On the right menu bar make sure you CLICK EPISODES (it defaults to chapters). This will show you through each episode the path of a specific character or family if you like. You can zoom in and out and get a full map if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

Nody wrote: »
    How good and any particular area? This is an world map that's quite simple overview to help grasp the general locations for example.

5c1e48cbb3611b1c9518f4b33a11b7b5.jpg

That Map's not totally correct.

It was made before the location of certain places were officially given.

Braavos for example is actually nowhere near where it is on that map.

Plus the TV show has changed some things from the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

And does little finger know that his brothel has been raided and he is going back to a trap?

The even better news is you're a week behind and have another episode to watch at your leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

You don't need to have read the book to know, I knew sunspear from playing the board game, some might how it from just looking at a map.

What board game?:D Sounds interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

seligehgit wrote: »

It's called Game of Thrones :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

duploelabs wrote: »
    It's called Game of Thrones :)

It's Game of Thrones, the game (of thrones)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    It's Game of Thrones, the game (of thrones)

what happens if you lose??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

How I imagine the game of Game of Thrones....

**Rolls Dice
    **Get a 7
    **Move Wolf Piece 7 places,
    **Land on mystery square
    **Pick up a mystery card
    **Read "Congratulations, you have been invited to a Wedding at the Twins"

Me "Fúck"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Does Cersei know that the Iron bank have switched allegiances to back Stannis rather than the Lannister(Baratheon) side and hence she knows she's sending Mace Tyrell on a (apt) fools errand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Does Cersei know that the Iron bank have switched allegiances to back Stannis rather than the Lannister(Baratheon) side and hence she knows she's sending Mace Tyrell on a (apt) fools errand?
    I don't think she knows, but it has been said several times that the Iron Bank does not negotiate terms and that they will get their money, so she knows it's not going to go well for Mace either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they could very well be backing both sides, if they think it will benefit them in some way. War is profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Poor Sir friendzoned! Them greyscales will spread if he reaches Mereen!

I love Tyrion and now loving Stannis he's a likeable character now compared to the previous seasons.

Can John Snow resist the temptation even more? haha How would Daario react if he learns Daenerys is about to wed? ohhh! Roll on Ep. 6!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

granty1987 wrote: »
    what happens if you lose??

You win or you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

seligehgit wrote: »

Game of thrones the board game by Fantasy Flight Games.3-6 players each playing as one of Lannister, Greyjoy, Stark, Baratheon, Martell or Tyrell.
    You're using units to fight field battles with the help of house specific character cards to win strongholds and at the same time using power to try and top the three influence tracks. All while making and breaking alliances and praying the random wilding attacks don't screw you more than your opponents.

It's awesome. A bit overwhelming at first but you'll find it clicks pretty quick, the basics anyways.
    Worth the price of admission by far.

Also takes place around the same time as the show began so no spoilers. The second expansion is set at the point the show is at now.
    It's more based in the books I think though so there's a few characters I never heard of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Im more interested in the fact she sent Meryn ****ing Trant to the same city as Arya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

Vojera wrote: »
    Daenerys has definitely changed her tune from "I'll never love anyone but Drogo" to sleeping with Daario and now marrying your man.

Who says she loves Daario? And your man is just a political marriage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

I'm guessing (and hoping) there is still some of Theon left inside that head, and that he is waiting for the right time to make his move.

That's a fine well fed wife Lord Bolton has.

I'm not sure if it was in the show, but in the books Walder Frey offered Bolton the weight in gold of whatever Frey girl he took as his wife so he chose the fattest one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Demonique wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it was in the show, but in the books Walder Frey offered Bolton the weight in gold of whatever Frey girl he took as his wife so he chose the fattest one

Roose mentions it to Catalyn at the red wedding before the shít hits fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Doubt she cares. She wants to destroy the Tyrells.

She just wanted him out of the way while she had Loras arrested and drove Margery out.

I can see him having a nasty accident at sea, particularly with Trant "protecting" him.

Advertisement